• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (21) - 11/28 Sharks at Kings- 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats dav & Hawaiian. Kings were the better team tonight for sure.

This. Much deserved win. Glad I didn't waste money and time on tickets+parking for this one.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense and PK suck, we don't have anyone committed to going in front of the net, and we look slow. I miss SETo a lot. I'm not so impressed with this teams work effort right now.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Kings fans. Your boys played really well. Once again, a ho-hum effort from the boys in teal. I don't think Quick faced any screebed shots in the 30+ shots on net. The Sharks deserved this loss, but they'll say they "outchanced the Kings, just couldn't put any pucks through". Bleh, ugly game for team teal.

Oh well.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another bad start giving up a goal in the first 5 or 10 mins. Then another poor special teams performance (gave up one and almost gave up two 4 on 4 goals). Another poor game from dan boyle. another weak one from clowe and havlat.

the sharks troubled trend continues...

What will tmac (or DW) do next??

How about cooch+demers for getzlaf? Or anyone for perry? take a chance on eric staal or jerome iginla? I wouldnt mind a little shake up becasue I have not been impressed with this team all season long.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, congrats Dave & Hawaiian. Quick was stellar and the rest of your team sucked less than the Sharks.

Havlat and Clowe need to get on the board. Plus the defense needs to move the damn puck and not get stuck behind the net and turn it over, repeatedly.

Oh well. Night boys.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what do you guys think is going on with havlat. 17 games, 1 goal? is it bad line pairing? something in his head? That is not normal and it's really hurting.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad start giving up a goal in the first 5 or 10 mins. Then another poor special teams performance (gave up one and almost gave up two 4 on 4 goals). Another poor game from dan boyle. another weak one from clowe and havlat.

the sharks troubled trend continues...

What will tmac (or DW) do next??

How about cooch+demers for getzlaf? Or anyone for perry? take a chance on eric staal or jerome iginla? I wouldnt mind a little shake up becasue I have not been impressed with this team all season long.

Ditto. I'm not impressed with dw's moves this season. Not to sold on burns lack of defense. His slip led to the 2nd goal.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacific is going to be a dog fight until the end I think.
Beat the Habs I still hate them

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think is going on with havlat. 17 games, 1 goal? is it bad line pairing? something in his head? That is not normal and it's really hurting.

Two things I think. 1, he just doesn't shoot enough. 2, this is his training camp. He looks slower than I remember when he played against us.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit on a stick, and what makes it worse is a shut out lost too. So what are the chances Dougie Boy makes a change or a locker room appearence.

Or maybe worse Doug sent Todd a Text and said meet me in my office tomorrow morning

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's just a two straight losses and their overall record is still good.

No need to panic yet. Chillax a little.

Yes, they're a much worse team than their record shows but there's time to fix some things.

You shouldn't need me, the biggest pessimist here, to tell you all this.

Good night.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two things I think. 1, he just doesn't shoot enough. 2, this is his training camp. He looks slower than I remember when he played against us.

except he looked great in the first 5 or 10 games. he was flying and creating a ton. If I recall he was around a point per game in the first 7 or 8 games, and has 1 assist and that's it in the last 9 games. That's probably the worst streak on the entire team. He was flubbing pucks and floating all over the ice tonight and has been for a while... It almost looks like he might be hurt again. Something is definitely off, and I don't think it's just rust because that would explain a slow start, but he didnt have one. he has always been good for atl east 20-30 per year, so this kind of lack of goals is pretty troubling.

I personally think it has alot to do with bad pairings. Havlat plays a more speed game while close tries to grind it out. That's why putting havlat on the wing with jumbo and patty creates a much faster line and pavs, who plays a more grinding style makes more sense and becomes a better passing option for clowe.

Or... even better would be cooch-marleau-havlat... all three guys can skate, shoot and score. and have pavs-jumbo-clowe as the other which is a much slower line, but bigger and more tough to handle down low. Clowe and jumob on the cycle would be immovable and that would open up pavs for the good shots from the slot.

Either way, tmac needs to change it up and find something that clicks. they could even try something a little cracy like putting winchester and murray with jumbo so make a real grind line, or winshester-clowe-jumbo to add a bit more threat to a grind line. Whatever he does, I'm all for a little experimenting to figure something out and get clowe and havlat going. The sharks really need those guys producing.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Sharks played pretty well in the 2nd half of the game. Took a while to get going, but played alright. Kings / Sharks games are always intense, both sides were really playing hard out there. Not gonna win htem all, Sharks are still in a great position.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit on a stick, and what makes it worse is a shut out lost too. So what are the chances Dougie Boy makes a change or a locker room appearence.

Or maybe worse Doug sent Todd a Text and said meet me in my office tomorrow morning

Chango, after a performance like that, all we have to look forward to is your gratuitous p o r n. Where's the skin? :playball:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Havlat I think you are both right, sjrules and filo. He missed all of camp so it is his training camp, like filo said. Also, it's bad enough that he hasn't played with any of the Sharks yet, being a new acquisition, but Todd is playing around with line combos as well. With a guy like Havlat who likes to control the tempo, it's not just him getting used to the new guys, it's the new guys getting used to him.

I've seen on more than one occasion Havlat rush the puck up ice, there is an option for a head man pass, but Havlat decides to keep the puck, go east/west while skating with the puck, and it totally holds up the other forwards rushing up ice as they stop to watch what Havlat does. This then completely kills the transition and the Sharks enter the offensive zone with zero speed as Havlat carries the puck over the blueline. This can be fixed as player familiarity is gained and once Todd decides to stick Havlat with certain linemates for an extended period of time.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confucius say, Havlat? Not Havlot more like Havnot!

I am disappointed in the trades so far. Havlat and Burns have been only so so. We'll see. Looks like they are missing scoring. Lot of holes there. Havnot and Clowe need to get going!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Confucius say, Havlat? Not Havlot more like Havnot!

I am disappointed in the trades so far. Havlat and Burns have been only so so. We'll see. Looks like they are missing scoring. Lot of holes there. Havnot and Clowe need to get going!

I was hoping for more from burns too, but I dont think he has anything to do with the suckiness that has been danny boyle. Burns has still been more good than bad, and I truly believe that he is on the way up, not down.

Havnot? (Love it:-)) very very disappointing. that said, Id rather him and burns than seto and heater, no question. he'll pick it up. Players usually revert to their means so I bet havlat gets hot soon if tmac pushes the right button.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To much of is being made of Havlat right now, if hes this way after the all star break well then we might be on to something lol.

Clowe has been a bigger concern to me out of anyone, he usually slumps playoff time not the first quarter of the season.

I think someone made a point about Havlats style of play as well and thats huge, i think he and marleau should be paired with Handzus i have a feeling that line would be a handful

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for more from burns too, but I dont think he has anything to do with the suckiness that has been danny boyle. Burns has still been more good than bad, and I truly believe that he is on the way up, not down.

Havnot? (Love it:-)) very very disappointing. that said, Id rather him and burns than seto and heater, no question. he'll pick it up. Players usually revert to their means so I bet havlat gets hot soon if tmac pushes the right button.

There was a big article on Boyle yesterday in the paper. Right now he is his own worst critic. He admits he watches the game afterwards to critique himself but refused to do so after the Blackhawks game already knowing full well he sucked big time. Anyways, at least he admits when he stinks as he is now, refreshing as not many players do that. Hopefully he will work it out, but father time is creeping up on him and his best days may be behind him.