• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (19) - 11/23 Sharks vs Blackhawks - 7:30PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to feel good for Nemo to give it to his old team. He deserved that shutout the way he played, especially in the first period. Hope Demers' goal gives him some confidence and turn this season around.

Sharks Win!

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was the best 60 minutes the Sharks played as a collective team so far this year. Niemi was ON big time. Felt like a playoff game here in November.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time win against a very good team. Sometimes when the goalie gets a shutout you can credit quality team play, but that wasn't the case tonight. Niemi earned the shutout no doubt about it with several fantastic saves. Overall the Sharks were very mediocre. Lots of bad turnovers and missed passes that were completely unforced. But despite that Niemi made all the saves needed and the Sharks did just enough to get the W, in regulation as well. The Sharks will have to be better though in future games against the Blackhawks. Keep it going and take out Vancouver next game!

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they looked like absolute shit early on. The did get better as the game went on but if it weren't for Niemi there is no way they win this game.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi won that game for SJ... (And a missed open net by Chi)... Wtf was up with sharks passing & not being able to catch a pass?? It was absolutely terrible. Was the ice that bad or was it just a bad game. Plus both teams kept wiffing on shots too, weird.. 1-0 stinker performance win, but ill take the win.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
got back about a 1/2 hr ago.... sharks absolutely stunk up the 1st two periods, but that might be the best game nemo has played in a sharks uni. this early in the year, it's all about points, so I'll take it. That said, they were pretty badly beaten, so they better be a whole lots stronger next time they play.

That said, pickles is making me look bad. I was not a big fan early this year, but he is head and shoulders the best dman on the team the last several weeks and was amazing again tonight behind the scenes. He is really at the top of his game, unlike the 12 million dollar men on the D who cant seek to stay on their feet or make a pass. that was one rough game for the boyler, but im sure he'll bounce back...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
p.s.: patty is making me look bad too. he is having his 'jumbo' revelation that the game requires commitment at both ends. his defensive zone play and commitment at the finer things in the game is awesome. He is rounding into a far more valuable player. hopefully he keeps up the consistency (his achilles heal), and keeps contributing every night at both ends.

at least torrey mitchell continues his suckiness, so one of my targets remains :-)

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
one last good note: sharks PK, though sometimes a little off, was pretty strong again. Notice one previous regular who is now off the PK??? my boy torrey has 30 total seconds on PK time in the last 3 games= zero goals against. In the game before, he had 1 minute and detroit scored twice. Getting him off the PK might be the key to fixing it...

pavs a n jubmo were out there for all 3 initial defensive zone draws for the hawks' first three PP's, and all three times they changed 30 secs later with the puck behind the hawks net. Those two were outstanding on the PK tonight.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
p.s.: patty is making me look bad too. he is having his 'jumbo' revelation that the game requires commitment at both ends. his defensive zone play and commitment at the finer things in the game is awesome. He is rounding into a far more valuable player. hopefully he keeps up the consistency (his achilles heal), and keeps contributing every night at both ends.

at least torrey mitchell continues his suckiness, so one of my targets remains :-)

Thats ok, the sharks are making me look bad when I said they wont do shit this season with only 2 lines & will sneek into the playoffs... The plus side tho, is when players/team makes our predictions look bad, that means they are actually playing good & winning!

Niemis movement looked really good to me this game. I havnt watched a sharks game in awhile, but it seemed he kept moving after saves to reposition himself instead of the make the one save, get stuck in that pose, that im used to seeing. And on the one where the Hawks shot wide at the open net, I was surprized he actually rolled to attempt a desperation save motion. Usually its when hes laying down, he down and staying that way.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hockeysmile:
It sure wasn't pretty, but 2 points are 2 points.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very encouraging to see our penalty kill do so well. Nemo looked awesome tonight, looking back I feel like we got really lucky when he fell into our hands in the summer of 2010. Also, have to give Dougie a lot of credit for being able to sign for four years at an average salary of under 4 mil. Niemi is a franchise goalie and I believe he is capable of winning us a Stanley Cup. I stand by my original feelings when we signed him, I think he's a better goaltender than Nabokov and more importantly, I think he's a better goalie than Nabby when we need him most, i.e playoffs.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
one last good note: sharks PK, though sometimes a little off, was pretty strong again. Notice one previous regular who is now off the PK??? my boy torrey has 30 total seconds on PK time in the last 3 games= zero goals against. In the game before, he had 1 minute and detroit scored twice. Getting him off the PK might be the key to fixing it...

pavs a n jubmo were out there for all 3 initial defensive zone draws for the hawks' first three PP's, and all three times they changed 30 secs later with the puck behind the hawks net. Those two were outstanding on the PK tonight.

Mitchell hasn't been a regular on the PK for a while. Regular PK forwards are Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau, Couture, and Handzus. For some time now the sixth forward has been a rotation of Havlat, Mitchell, A. Murray, and occasionally Desjardins.

IMO the biggest improvement to the PK was not having Boyle on it.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Patty is and has always been good on both sides of the rink, it's just now in the last 2 seasons he isnt paired with 2 guys he has to cover for defensively, its a huge deal.