• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (12) - 11/5 Sharks vs Predators - 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemi sucked on that 2nd goal...

This 3rd one should count even with the net off, right? Oh well... 3-3.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the goal wouldn't count because the net was off. Anyone with an explanation?

edit; oh Drew just explained it

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, Sharks offense going to show up?

They just packed it in at 3-1 and are calling it a night apparently...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Nashville gets the 2nd point.. much deserved.

The Sharks fucking sucked after the 2nd period.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a rush to end it. Preds deserved this. Shame on the Sharks for blowing a 3-1 lead after coming back from a 3-1 deficit the prior game. Blah

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome defense there by the Sharkies on this one.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Nashville gets the 2nd point.. much deserved.

The Sharks fucking sucked after the 2nd period.

How about the Sharks sucking at home period? If not for the comeback the other night, this team would have like what, 1 win at home?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome defense there by the Sharkies on this one.

Yeah, defense is a complete clusterfuck every game.

I still don't understand what Colin White is doing on this team. He's a downgrade over Wallin, for fuck's sake!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be kidding me. When we went up 3-1 my friend who is not an actual hockey follower asked if I was happy. I said no because if anyone could blow a two goal lead, it's my Sharks. And then..... Boom.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any of the game so I don't know what happened, and I'm not blaming the loss on him, but I've got to ask, why did Niemi start tonight? Is this going to be like last year where it took weeks before Niemi got benched consistently in favor of a better goalie, like Niitty was at the time? Niemi sure seems to have the favor of the front office, but I don't think he ever earned it, they just gave it to him for some reason.

Like I said I'm not blaming the loss on him as I don't have a clue how the game played out, it just seems weird. If it were up to me Greiss would have started tonight's game.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the 2nd goal was 100% Niemi... weak shot from the slot trickled through his body/legs and was just rolling behind him and the Preds dude just skated by and tapped it in. :L

EDIT: But yeah, not sure why he started but I figured he would... just the whole "well, get him right back in there to forget and get over the horrible start the other night" thing... which I don't agree with but oh well.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, blowing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period sucks. To lose the game in OT, just SUCKS EVEN MORE!

The Sharks need some more depth @ forward, because if the top two lines can't get it done, then there is little hope that anybody else will help. Its been a issue for most of the year, and I think we ALL knew this would be a problem, once Doug decided not to sign anybody else.

Can I start with "bring Nolan BACK" ........j/k

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, blowing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period sucks. To lose the game in OT, just SUCKS EVEN MORE!

The Sharks need some more depth @ forward, because if the top two lines can't get it done, then there is little hope that anybody else will help. Its been a issue for most of the year, and I think we ALL knew this would be a problem, once Doug decided not to sign anybody else.

Can I start with "bring Nolan BACK" ........j/k

Bottom 2 lines are pretty weak, esp. with the 3rd line almost seeming as if they are a 4th line incognito. And don't get me started with Colin White.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to watch another game with Tory FAKING Mitchell on the second line, I am going to shoot somebody. This guy doesn't belong on the second line, he is not a second line caliber forward, he is not a third line caliber forward and you know what he's not even a fourth line caliber forward. Tory Mitchell does not belong on an NHL roster, he is a waste of space. Sure he's got great speed but he's not strong enough on the puck and he doesn't have a lick of offensive ability. Havlat needs to be on the second line. DW must find a winger that can put the puck in the net to play with Handzus, the guy can create so many scoring opportunities but they all get squandered because he's playing with AHL fodder. Is James Sheppard even close to coming back? And if he is, can he possibly be a good option? Why not just sign Owen Nolan and see what he can do. DW experimented with Lemieux, Ozo and JR why not give Owen another shot? I'm sure he'd be thrilled to come back and won't have any problems in the locker room. To compete for the Stanley Cup, you have to have to be able to roll three lines out there that have the ability to score. Get another winger with Handzus, he has been great but we can get a lot more out of him offensively.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for spelling Mitchell's name wrong 100 times. Torrey* not Tory. Where did the edit button go on this thing?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to watch another game with Tory FAKING Mitchell on the second line, I am going to shoot somebody. This guy doesn't belong on the second line, he is not a second line caliber forward, he is not a third line caliber forward and you know what he's not even a fourth line caliber forward. Tory Mitchell does not belong on an NHL roster, he is a waste of space. Sure he's got great speed but he's not strong enough on the puck and he doesn't have a lick of offensive ability. Havlat needs to be on the second line. DW must find a winger that can put the puck in the net to play with Handzus, the guy can create so many scoring opportunities but they all get squandered because he's playing with AHL fodder. Is James Sheppard even close to coming back? And if he is, can he possibly be a good option? Why not just sign Owen Nolan and see what he can do. DW experimented with Lemieux, Ozo and JR why not give Owen another shot? I'm sure he'd be thrilled to come back and won't have any problems in the locker room. To compete for the Stanley Cup, you have to have to be able to roll three lines out there that have the ability to score. Get another winger with Handzus, he has been great but we can get a lot more out of him offensively.

But, but Mitchell scored a shorthanded goal against Anaheim in 2008!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah or you can be like the female Sharks "fans" in my family and say "Oh but he's so cute." Ok so we got "cute" and one shorthanded goal three years ago. Anything else? Anybody? hahaha

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wish I could of watched all of it was a little busy drinking with friends after the game :drink: From what I can tell we barely pulled this shit out. Were a pretty decent team when we go on our road stints and were on a 5 in a row right. Sorry to ruin the ladies night out Vee but ya'll at least got a point :peace2:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can always count on the Preds to not give up and put up a good fight so it's no surprise that they came back and sent it to OT. Props to them for that, they definitely deserved the 2 points.

The Sharks played maybe 10 good minutes of hockey (IMO) and were pretty much dominated the rest of the time.

Their shot selection is still pathetic and it's all about quantity over quality and they have the mental toughness of my 4-month old baby girl. :L