• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/11 Bum @ Turdinals

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
108 or 109 pitches.

If anyone gets on, or he walks someone, I'd pull him.

This is NOT a troll. I like the SF Giants.

49ers are another story.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. All the baseball we all watch, and now there are two plays in one game that has us confused.

Can the ground cause a fumble in baseball? Apparently.

Can a pitcher impede the progress of a runner to 1st base?

Yes and no. A pitcher can be called for interference, but that wasn't the case here.

There's one rule that's rarely enforced and it pisses me off every time I see it. The batter-runner running to first base has a reserved and *required* path he must take the last 45 feet : it is 3 feet wide and is in *foul territory* and BOTH feet are supposed to be in that lane. THAT is the reason that bizarre line is painted 3 feet to the right of the foul line near first base.

The Cards runner had BOTH feet in fair territory when he was tagged, and the runner interfered with the play because he wasn't running where he was supposed to. He was out. And the Fox "professional sport reporters" *never* commented on the rule.

Rule 6.05(k) Comment: The lines marking the three-foot lane are a part of that lane and a batter-runner is required to have both feet within the three-foot lane or on the lines marking the lane. The batter-runner is permitted to exit the three-foot lane by means of a step, stride, reach or slide in the immediate vicinity of first base for the sole purpose of touching first base.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. A pitcher can be called for interference, but that wasn't the case here.

There's one rule that's rarely enforced and it pisses me off every time I see it. The batter-runner running to first base has a reserved and *required* path he must take the last 45 feet : it is 3 feet wide and is in *foul territory* and BOTH feet are supposed to be in that lane. THAT is the reason that bizarre line is painted 3 feet to the right of the foul line near first base.

The Cards runner had BOTH feet in fair territory when he was tagged, and the runner interfered with the play because he wasn't running where he was supposed to. He was out. And the Fox "professional sport reporters" *never* commented on the rule.

Rule 6.05(k) Comment: The lines marking the three-foot lane are a part of that lane and a batter-runner is required to have both feet within the three-foot lane or on the lines marking the lane. The batter-runner is permitted to exit the three-foot lane by means of a step, stride, reach or slide in the immediate vicinity of first base for the sole purpose of touching first base.

Leave it to Marco to bring the rule thunder.

You know those announcers' IQ is about 130...if you added them up.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so tired of the low baseball IQ of JP. He may be a helluva defender, but he svcks at bat.

Bum just had a high stress, high pitch 7th, so JP does a FPOM. Why not take a pitch or three and let your pitcher catch his breath?!?

:L

Small thing to complain about tonight. Bum has been excellent!

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assume K-Cya comes in to close it out:

Peralta vs. Casilla: 2-7, 1 HR, 1 BB, 4 K's
Adams: No AB's vs. Casilla, but hits .318 versus righties this season
Yadi: 0-1, .283 this season versus righties

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I coached and refereed soccer, the middle school kids were tough to coach. Time and again, some kid would get the ball at the front of the net, and all he had to do was tap it in. Instead, they either backed up and took a running start, allowing defenders to recover. Or they kicked it so hard that even from 4-5 yards away, they would kick it over the goal. I tried to teach them that they needed to get it to the net, not through the net.

I think the Giants play that way in the post-season. They get few style points. They don't hit well with RISP. But all they do is get into a position to win.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants seem to (might be my mistake) kind of mail it in if they have a lead in the top of the 9th

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I coached and refereed soccer, the middle school kids were tough to coach. Time and again, some kid would get the ball at the front of the net, and all he had to do was tap it in. Instead, they either backed up and took a running start, allowing defenders to recover. Or they kicked it so hard that even from 4-5 yards away, they would kick it over the goal. I tried to teach them that they needed to get it to the net, not through the net.

I think the Giants play that way in the post-season. They get few style points. They don't hit well with RISP. But all they do is get into a position to win.

This would have been me if I played soccer

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's your baseball team?

Not generally a baseball fan, but I enjoy watching good teams play.
I like a lot of teams.
Exceptions: I hate the fucking Cubs, Yankees, Angels and Red Sox.
Fucking hate them.
Lived in Oakland, Chicago (south sider), L.A. and now Seattle. So I like the home team while there.