• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.22 NewAce @ Turdinals

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzill is just being a pussy. He’s got the NolanNonsense playbook down. Shit on the team so if they fall short you were “right”, if they make the playoffs “hey I’m so happy I was wrong!”

Weak ass fan. This is not the time to give up. Might be later. Not now.
Incorrect. Now is the time to sell. Sellers market. Get off the four contracts, get prospects. This team is DEAD.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was commenting on POV. In reality, I agree that selling SHOULD happen.

But it won’t. This ownership group will NEVER be outright “sellers”. And you can’t really blame them, the area fans would not allow for it (most beautiful park in the bigs, and people won’t go if they aren’t winning championships).

And to be fair, what would we get for any of our trash? We won’t trade Bailey. We won’t trade Ramos. We won’t trade Webb. We won’t trade Hicks.

What would we get for Conforto? Chapman? Soler? Snell?

Nothing that will make a difference, so why shake things up just for the sake of shaking them up. Trading Bum when still had a year of team control and it was likely he wasn’t going to stay was when the team should have sold. Trading Rodon at the deadline was when this team should have sold. Selling now is pointless.
I don't think those four are "trash," they all have value to a team making a legit playoff run.

That team would NOT be the 2024 SF Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was commenting on POV. In reality, I agree that selling SHOULD happen.

But it won’t. This ownership group will NEVER be outright “sellers”. And you can’t really blame them, the area fans would not allow for it (most beautiful park in the bigs, and people won’t go if they aren’t winning championships).

And to be fair, what would we get for any of our trash? We won’t trade Bailey. We won’t trade Ramos. We won’t trade Webb. We won’t trade Hicks.

What would we get for Conforto? Chapman? Soler? Snell?

Nothing that will make a difference, so why shake things up just for the sake of shaking them up. Trading Bum when still had a year of team control and it was likely he wasn’t going to stay was when the team should have sold. Trading Rodon at the deadline was when this team should have sold. Selling now is pointless.
Disagree. Two positives from trading those four:

1. Gets a shitton of salary off the books
2. Opens up playing time for younger guys.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I mean every season has good and bad stretches, we’re in the middle of a bad one. We’re no worse than the other 7 teams with almost the same record. You think Dbacks and Cardinals and Mets and Cubs and Pirates and Reds fans are super excited about their teams? We’re in the same boat.
No, our injury situation, especially to the SP, puts us in a uniquely awful place.

Webb is the only legit healthy starter right now. And he's getting LIT UP today.

Harry is hurt
Hicks is gassed
Winn is hurt
Ray is hurt
Snell is hurt
Cobb is hurt

That's 6/7 of our SP depth out or gassed. We are done. Sorry, but it's just true. Can't survive that kind of massive injury.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Two positives from trading those four:

1. Gets a shitton of salary off the books
2. Opens up playing time for younger guys.
Who gaf about getting $$ off the books. That will not affect anything they do to the team on the field moving forward.

I really don’t think there is a single “kid” currently getting blocked on this team right now. Not one. Learning at the MLB level is not always the best option. Look what Ramos was able to do in Sacto. I doubt he would have been able learn the lessons he needed to learn in the big lights of San Fran.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, our injury situation, especially to the SP, puts us in a uniquely awful place.

Webb is the only legit healthy starter right now. And he's getting LIT UP today.

Harry is hurt
Hicks is gassed
Winn is hurt
Ray is hurt
Snell is hurt
Cobb is hurt

That's 6/7 of our SP depth out or gassed. We are done. Sorry, but it's just true. Can't survive that kind of massive injury.
Now Nolan is using two alts. Yawn.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gaf about getting $$ off the books. That will not affect anything they do to the team on the field moving forward.

I really don’t think there is a single “kid” currently getting blocked on this team right now. Not one. Learning at the MLB level is not always the best option. Look what Ramos was able to do in Sacto. I doubt he would have been able learn the lessons he needed to learn in the big lights of San Fran.
Exactly. It ain't my money. I'd be thrilled if the Giants spent like the Dodgers or the way the 49ers used to before they salary capped the teams.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It frees up cash for the offseason. Especially given that attendance will be down this year.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered why we have sucked so bad. It is the famous June Swoon taking its victims. It is like a bad heatwave but it will pass. We are going to come out of this dead or alive.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered why we have sucked so bad. It is the famous June Swoon taking its victims. It is like a bad heatwave but it will pass. We are going to come out of this dead or alive.
I used to be a big believer in the “June Swoon” thing.

But I did some research and was astonished by what I found. It turns out that league wide, since records have been kept, teams are a cumulative .500 in June. No rounding there. EXACTLY .500!

Apparently, that whole June Swoon thing isn’t actually a thing.

Who knew?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a big believer in the “June Swoon” thing.

But I did some research and was astonished by what I found. It turns out that league wide, since records have been kept, teams are a cumulative .500 in June. No rounding there. EXACTLY .500!

Apparently, that whole June Swoon thing isn’t actually a thing.

Who knew?
I’m not talking about the whole league, only the Giants.