• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/11 Bum @ Turdinals

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players on this team that will be remembered for years to come. Bum is one of them. He could crash and burn like Timmeh and still be considered one of the best Giant pitchers ever.

What a career he and Posey have already had.

Agreed...and what a career Timmy has already had

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monster Game as Bum and Da Boys Stomp St. Louis 3-0 in Game 1 of NLCS

The definition of loose and cool resides in the San Francisco Giants dugout right now as the Giants stomped out the St. Louis Home Field Advantage by sailing to a 3-0 win.

Madison Bumgarner was simply fantastic as he never lost his cool and there was a moment when he could of made a risky throw to second base to cut down a runner but instead composed himself and got the easy out at first ,then getting the third out to cut a rally short. Bum is starting to look like Mr. October for pitching in October with all due respect to Reggie Jackson the Mr. October of hitters. All the Giants seemed really relaxed as Krukow noted in the post game talk saying all the players were mellow around the cage in pregame. It's easy to stay loose when you have Bumgarner on the mound who rolled over a over matched Cardinals lineup.
Bumgarner's line was impressive going 7 2/3 I 4 H 7 SO and only 1 free pass. He shot more snot rockets than hits and walks combined tonight and the country strong man from Hickory North Carolina does it again and is the player of the game.

On offense when the Giants get the lead they are pretty darn good at holding on to it and tonight was no different. Ishikawa hit a bloop shot into left as Pablo Sandoval who was 3-4 and that all important first run scored on the night. Pablo is heating up and looks great out there and Sabean better start getting that contract together for next year for the Panda bear. The Cards made a mistake in the infield as Blanco reached and Pence scored from third. That 2-0 lead was stretched out in the third inning when Belt hit a sac fly to center scoring Posey with the 3rd run in the 3rd inning.

Romo gets the hold and Casilla gets another save as the bullpen was sweet again. Posey called another terrific game tonight that Yogi would of been proud of.

Plenty enough offence for Bumgarner as the Giants rolled Game 1 of this NLCS. Great game all the way around and now they can really do some damage by taking Game 2 in St. Louis Sunday. Alabama 22 Jake Peavy will get the ball and it should get real interesting from here as Da Boys from San Francisco try and shock the world yet again. All of Giants nation salutes the Giants on a great job in Game 1.

Bum deserves a beer or two or three ...shit make it four for his performance and he can down em' all in about two gulps. Celebrate Bum ...you earned it tonight.

Go Giants !!:yes:

:suds::suds::clap::thrasher::dingdingding:

on youtube..

Monster Jam 2014 St. Louis - Son - Uva Digger Freestyle

posted by TikiTyl3r

on youtube...

Kid Rock - Hillbilly Stomp *ACTUAL SONG*

posted by We Randomly!

A special Happy Birthday to the local kid Jon Miller the HOF announcer of the Giants who went to College of San Mateo. A boat enthusiast Miller loves sailing especially watching the boats just beyond McCovey Cove in S.F. Bay.

I think all Giants fans are sailing tonight after that win in St. Louis.

on youtube..

Sailing Christopher Cross

posted by Jan Marvin

Here we go...

Rock On !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win! I think at some point the giants are going to need to score 5+ runs in one of these games. Our pitching is great but it would be nice have string a big inning here and there.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass-of-milk-2009.png

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flickr-7689262194.jpg

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that MadBum pitched a damn good game. Bit I also have to admit that the Giants really lucked out this game. If it weren't for the dropped ball in the OF and the error in the first inning, the Giants would only have one run.

And if the umps had actually been paying attention and called the balk the game would be tied. (Yes, it WAS a balk - we really lucked out on that one.)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that MadBum pitched a damn good game. Bit I also have to admit that the Giants really lucked out this game. If it weren't for the dropped ball in the OF and the error in the first inning, the Giants would only have one run.

And if the umps had actually been paying attention and called the balk the game would be tied. (Yes, it WAS a balk - we really lucked out on that one.)

The Giants capitalize on errors to win championships. No one ever said that the errors could only be commuted by the opposing team. The umps were bad in '10 during the Atlanta series as well, if I remember correctly.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ishi comes up big here, 2-3 with an RBI. Bochy's OF decision is not easy for Game 2.

But boy oh boy, can we puh-LEEZE get Blanco out of the leadoff spot? I don't care if Panda leads off, as long as it is NOT Blanco.

Would like to see:

Pence RF
Panik 2B
Posey C
Panda 3B
Belt 1B
Crawford SS
Ishi LF
Blanco LF
Peavy P

I would have put Morse in, but Ishi (LHH) had a big Game 1, and Lynn is a righty.

Nice decision to have to make up 1-0. Much tougher if we were down 1-0, IMHO.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked - further complicating the decision: Morse had a 1.500 OPS in Busch Stadium this year, albeit in only 11 AB (5 hits, including 3 2b and 1 HR).

Morse 4 for 7 the last 4 years off Lynn, all singles.

Ishi 1 for 2, a single.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ishi comes up big here, 2-3 with an RBI. Bochy's OF decision is not easy for Game 2.

But boy oh boy, can we puh-LEEZE get Blanco out of the leadoff spot? I don't care if Panda leads off, as long as it is NOT Blanco.

Would like to see:

Pence RF
Panik 2B
Posey C
Panda 3B
Belt 1B
Crawford SS
Ishi LF
Blanco LF
Peavy P

I would have put Morse in, but Ishi (LHH) had a big Game 1, and Lynn is a righty.

Nice decision to have to make up 1-0. Much tougher if we were down 1-0, IMHO.

Wow.

You think so little of Ishi's defense that you would rather have Blanco shadow him in left and leave CF open then let him man the position himself?

There has been a lot of pantshatting on this board this year, but this really takes the cake.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was it who gave up on the season back in July, said the team was toast, said we should sell all our good players, that the A's were hitting on all cylanders and we were dead in the water, cried and tried to pick fights in every game-day thread for a week, and then didn't post for a week or three in protest? THAT was classic pants-shattery. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mays-Fan. :whistle:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

You think so little of Ishi's defense that you would rather have Blanco shadow him in left and leave CF open then let him man the position himself?

There has been a lot of pantshatting on this board this year, but this really takes the cake.

0534905_43477_MC_Tx360.jpg

Center fielder? We don't need no steenking center fielder!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was it who gave up on the season back in July, said the team was toast, said we should sell all our good players, that the A's were hitting on all cylanders and we were dead in the water, cried and tried to pick fights in every game-day thread for a week, and then didn't post for a week or three in protest? THAT was classic pants-shattery. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mays-Fan. :whistle:

I'm trying to take this in good humor. However, the lack of a hint of humor or sarcasm by the accuser (cal) has led to this fishtailing in the wrong direction, drawing in two other long time posters in antagonistic fashion.

Cal? :noidea: :wtf2:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to take this in good humor. However, the lack of a hint of humor or sarcasm by the accuser (cal) has led to this fishtailing in the wrong direction, drawing in two other long time posters in antagonistic fashion.

Cal? :noidea: :wtf2:

???

You REALY don't know my posting humor by now?

Ok, let me spell it out for you...

You CLEARLY had a typo in your proposed lineup. This board regularly hazes (in good humor) the poster of such typos.

I thought you replied appropriately with your "Batches? We don't need no stink in' batches" spoof. The joke was dead.

Now, because I didn't reply to your reply, I am contributing to some slight against you?

Come on man, you are better than that.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

You REALY don't know my posting humor by now?

Ok, let me spell it out for you...

You CLEARLY had a typo in your proposed lineup. This board regularly hazes (in good humor) the poster of such typos.

I thought you replied appropriately with your "Batches? We don't need no stink in' batches" spoof. The joke was dead.

Now, because I didn't reply to your reply, I am contributing to some slight against you?

Come on man, you are better than that.

Yeah, I thought so, and I do know better. But now we've upset the kids.

Sorry, guys. All is well. Go Giants.

:suds: