• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GasMan @ Puds

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lost the series.

Because they didn't hit.

It's not just the Giants -- it's almost all teams now. We are in 1968.
Yep I just started a thread about it

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced, yet, that our starting pitching is that good or that our offense is that bad. Assuming that I'm correct on both, I wonder if the team can continue to win at the same clip, or close to it. I do think the starting rotation can still be very good, provided that they all stay healthy. The offense, meanwhile, I believe, can get much better.

Interestingly, MLB ran an article yesterday about the teams that saw the biggest jump in likelihood to make the playoffs, Of the 5 teams profiled, the Giants saw the lowest increase, from 5.7% to 16.4%. The reason? The Dodgers are at 98.6% and the Padres are at 94.7% and, in the words of the author, only two teams from the NL West can make it. However, I just re-read the article today and some astute editor removed that line from the article. I'm surprised that wasn't caught when it was first posted.

Great post. My thoughts:

1. Our SP aren't this good. This is historically the best month from the SP since we moved from NY.
2. Our offense isn't this bad. No offense could be. They will improve, esp when Yaz and Barrels get back.
3. Winning at .600 clip? That would be amazing (and lead to 97 wins). I don't see it, but I hope you're right.
4. Three teams will come out of the NLW this year. I'm pretty confident of that.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. My thoughts:

1. Our SP aren't this good. This is historically the best month from the SP since we moved from NY.
2. Our offense isn't this bad. No offense could be. They will improve, esp when Yaz and Barrels get back.
3. Winning at .600 clip? That would be amazing (and lead to 97 wins). I don't see it, but I hope you're right.
4. Three teams will come out of the NLW this year. I'm pretty confident of that.
I think this team has to fall flat on its face to not get at least the 2nd WC spot. Now, the one thing I didn't account for in my post (and I'm sure that there are plenty of other variables beyond it) is how will this offense perform with the new baseball altering offensive production so much. It seems pretty clear, to me at least, that MLB didn't like the spike in home runs the past couple of years, and so introduced the new baseball to fix it. Its early, but it may have done its job too well. So maybe the offense doesn't get too much better but I still think it will get better. Then again, to play devil's advocate, Posey and Longoria could fall off a cliff offensively too, negating any improvement from the rest of the team. Time will tell, but I think 2021 is looking pretty good to at least slip in to the back end of the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeff bridges opinion GIF