• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gase the front runner for HC

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with this choice while not exactly ecstatic about it seems as though he has no HC experience anywhere.

The one positive is that he's offense minded and has some experience working with qb's. I'd like to think he's learned quite a bit when he was around Peyton. It goes both ways with OC's and quality veteran qb's, the learning. The article also stated Gase is close with "The Cooter".

Maybe keeps Austin too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That take the foot off the pedal debacle against GB had Caldwell written all over it, not Cooter, imo. HC's over-ride OC's and DC's all the time. Caldwell is and always has been much more on the conservative side other than when he had Peyton as a QB. Manning could check off whatever play was called at any given time and could get away with it, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is GONE at end of the Season....

Whoever the new GM is, he will want his guy and to put his stamp of authority on this franchise. Keeping Caldwell around doesn't fit that criteria.

I'm not going down the road of all the what ifs regarding Martha's wants. I would tend to believe Ernie Acorsi will have Martha's/Sheila's ear on letting the new GM have his say on who he sees fit as the next HC/OC/DC would be versus being told from the get go that current HC and most staff stays. jmo.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is GONE at end of the Season....

Whoever the new GM is, he will want his guy and to put his stamp of authority on this franchise. Keeping Caldwell around doesn't fit that criteria.

My feeling in a nutshell. I can't see any scenario where a new GM comes in and feels compelled to keep Caldwell as HC. But then, this IS the Lions organization we're talking about.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather hire someone who's been a head coach before on at least some level. Too many good, lifetime coordinators bomb as head coaches for me to get excited over another experiment.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside info says all of the Gase stuff is from Xanders.

Trying to keep his own name in the running for the GM gig. Worked with Gase in the past too.

Can't erase drafting Tebow. Fuck him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he needs to go too.. right along with all the pencils, pen, paper, computers, ink cartridges, trash cans, chairs, desks, coat hangers, self hanging apparatus'....

ah fuck, I'm tired of thinking of all the rest that needs to go.

keep the cafeteria and janitorial workers though.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to go too.. right along with all the pencils, pen, paper, computers, ink cartridges, trash cans, chairs, desks, coat hangers, self hanging apparatus'....

keep the cafeteria and janitorial workers though.

Can't chance it. Levy's hip could be the result of a careless janitor that forgot to put one of those 'wet floor' markers out. And he could have caught his bug from a cafeteria worker that didn't wash their hands.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't chance it. Levy's hip could be the result of a careless janitor that forgot to put one of those 'wet floor' markers out. And he could have caught his bug from a cafeteria worker that didn't wash their hands.

I'm pro for keeping the perceived low-person on totem pole (i'm still one of those). cafeteria and janitorial crew should stay and receive a 150% pay raise for putting up with and cleaning up after that shit storm for the last 16 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ Martha needs to make it rain for those two-live crew

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside info says all of the Gase stuff is from Xanders.

Trying to keep his own name in the running for the GM gig. Worked with Gase in the past too.

Can't erase drafting Tebow. Fuck him.

Scouting was supposed to be a Zanders strong point. I haven't seen results from great scouting. Plus I go back to saying if you give him props for good draft picks and Mayhew the blame for bad ones is bullshit. Zanders and Mayhew were hand and hand in those decisions. So they get both and IMO we're seeing more bad than good picks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting was supposed to be a Zanders strong point. I haven't seen results from great scouting. Plus I go back to saying if you give him props for good draft picks and Mayhew the blame for bad ones is bullshit. Zanders and Mayhew were hand and hand in those decisions. So they get both and IMO we're seeing more bad than good picks.
Imagine how shitty this team would be if Schwartzy hadn't threatened to murder Mayhew if he didn't draft Ziggy.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pro for keeping the perceived low-person on totem pole (i'm still one of those). cafeteria and janitorial crew should stay and receive a 150% pay raise for putting up with and cleaning up after that shit storm for the last 16 years.

Is that you Bernie??

meme12.jpg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone agrees with this or not but I'd rather have Peyton Manning as a coach. Not some OC who rode Manning's coat tails.

At least with Manning, you know the guy has elite work ethic and will put the time into being successful.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "they" are even considering what to do @HC right now they can choke on a dick and die. Get the GM spot right, whoever that is gets to pick the HC. And it doesn't matter if he fires Austin, Cooter, and everyone else and then hires Barbara Streisand to be the Coach; you pick the GM and let him run the football side of things.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "they" are even considering what to do @HC right now they can choke on a dick and die. Get the GM spot right, whoever that is gets to pick the HC. And it doesn't matter if he fires Austin, Cooter, and everyone else and then hires Barbara Streisand to be the Coach; you pick the GM and let him run the football side of things.

Obvious shit is obvious.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious shit is obvious.

Around Allen Park nothing is obvious. There was once an adult human being, who could feed and dress himself and everything. Didn't even have to wear velcro shoes. And in sudden death overtime when asked if he wanted the ball or not he said no, I'll take the wind.