• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett's monday press conference

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to it. What do you think? I came away with the feeling that he threw Romo under the bus. Maybe I misunderstood the questioning. Maybe thats the only way he could have answered the question presented. I cant hear the questions asked usually. Should he do that in a media setting? Whats your take ?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear it, but the way you protect Romo on here and make excuses for him and find someone else to blame, I will guess (strictly a guess) you are overreacting!!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not protecting him at all, just wondering what everyone thought about Garretts answer. He has always protected Romo .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear it, but the way you protect Romo on here and make excuses for him and find someone else to blame, I will guess (strictly a guess) you are overreacting!!!

Who else have I blamed for Sunday? I posted way before the INT that the defense was pathetic.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean by saying he should have dumped the ball off to Murray at the end? I didn't think that statement was that bad.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett didn't throw Romo under a bus. He spoke the truth and it's refreshing. Catch or not, the ball shouldn't of been thrown. As good as he was Sunday, improvement needed

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett didn't throw Romo under a bus. He spoke the truth and it's refreshing. Catch or not, the ball shouldn't of been thrown. As good as he was Sunday, improvement needed

^

This

:agree:

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like this has been the case with Romo for a very long long time. I was just about to say that maybe Romo may have finally turned the corner with his risk taking and decision making in a big game, then BAM (game ending pick again)....the same old careless decisions at the worst of times in a ball game.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, that is just who he really is?

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me twenty or so times....well, you get the picture....it just part of what you are. His carelessness and recklessness is part of his game and is what will cost them in big games. He just tries to do too much and is always looking for the big play. Take that away from him, and is he still the same QB>?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even try to debate this. If you didnt see it Sunday, you never will.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about JG, but his team does not just lay down and die on him, they fight. You need that as a foundation with your team to get better. They were an interception away from perhaps beating the best team in this league, and never really get's blown out of games under him like they did with other coaches here....which is why I like him as coach. He holds his team accountable and gives them the confidence needed to believe in themselves. I was a dick here about the defense because I knew that they needed to pressure the QB going into this season, and they never really addressed this all offseason relying totally on aging injury prone smallish DL to carry them over a very long season...I knew it wouldn't be enough, and was right....against the better teams anyway.

Fix the defense up front, get pressure consistently has been my mantra here all preseason and season long.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geesh fix the defense is correct and then maybe Romo wont have to try to do everything

That much we can agree on

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geesh fix the defense is correct and then maybe Romo wont have to try to do everything

That much we can agree on

Btw, the all-world rookie C that everyone here was just raving about all preseason long as the next great C of this league, allowed a defender to push him back into the pocket right into Romo's grill as he was trying to get rid of the ball which did affect his throw, as well as tripping over Smith's foot, which lead to that game ending pick...

...just something to chew on.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when anybody said the rookie center would be perfect play after play then you would have something to brag about.....that isn't the case here and the center remains a solid pick.

when you find one person today within pro football who say's that wasn't a solid pick with the look of a center that will be around a long time please post it.

tell then.....carry on trying your hardest to prove yourself here as football astute.
Funny you never ask yourself.....How pathetic that is

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when anybody said the rookie center would be perfect play after play then you would have something to brag about.....that isn't the case here and the center remains a solid pick.

when you find one person today within pro football who say's that wasn't a solid pick with the look of a center that will be around a long time please post it.

tell then.....carry on trying your hardest to prove yourself here as football astute.
Funny you never ask yourself.....How pathetic that is

What's pathetic is you and others here refusal to accept when I'm right about something lol. Solid pick? Maybe? That remains to be seen. I do know that he contributed in this loss in getting beat during a big game at the worst moment. Don't expect perfection but don't believe in premature hype either out of a perceived need. I can think of tons of professional NFL draft evaluators that called the pick a reach at that point in the draft as well, and the DL being exposed over the last two games against good teams when you had them set and going to the pro bowl against the Giants and Rams lol....so ask yourself this, who's really the pathetic homer living in fantasyland here?

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's pathetic is you and others here refusal to accept when I'm right about something lol. Solid pick? Maybe? That remains to be seen. I do know that he contributed in this loss in getting beat during a big game. Don't expect perfection but don't believe in premature hype either out if a perceived need. I can think of tons of professional NFL draft evaluators that called the pick a reach at that point in the draft as well the DL being exposed over the last two games against good teams when you had them set and going to the pro bowl against the Giants and Rams...so ask yourself this, who's really the pathetic homer living in fantasyland here?

really....you 100% sure Fredrick blew that play. I read waters but either way, the ball shoulda been thrown to Murray or a sack taken.

Premature hype? Tell me about Floyd at Minnesota. You hyped the heck outta him for weeks after the draft. It's as if we're jerry jones with your clown ass.

who's the pathetic homer? That's easy, me. You aren't a cowboy fan, you remain shock value attention seeking message board shtick. There remains a certain idiocy and immaturity about you. Maybe that has much to do on why you're received as entertainment to so many here. I know you crave it. Carry on.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really....you 100% sure Fredrick blew that play. I read waters but either way, the ball shoulda been thrown to Murray or a sack taken.

Premature hype? Tell me about Floyd at Minnesota. You hyped the heck outta him for weeks after the draft. It's as if we're jerry jones with your clown ass.

who's the pathetic homer? That's easy, me. You aren't a cowboy fan, you remain shock value attention seeking message board shtick. There remains a certain idiocy and immaturity about you. Maybe that has much to do on why you're received as entertainment to so many here. I know you crave it. Carry on.

Actually I wanted them to select another DT after a trade down and had him in my mock. The coach of that team loves him as well and is already calling him his best DT....you remain clueless hater.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broaddus broke it down and you can see the play from above and see who blew their assignment on dallascowboys.com

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is it looked like Free did his job. It was 3 man rush . Tyron Smith got blown up and pushed backwards and Fredrick looked as if he may have been expecting help from Waters but his guy did beat him to Waters side.Leary sees this and comes to help. It just happened to be right in front of Romo

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is it looked like Free did his job. It was 3 man rush . Tyron Smith got blown up and pushed backwards and Fredrick looked as if he may have been expecting help from Waters but his guy did beat him to Waters side.Leary sees this and comes to help. It just happened to be right in front of Romo

darn shame he didn't dump to Murray.
3rd and 7 was doable