• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

garcon

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when it comes to RGIII's targets, there is Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, and everyone else. Hanks has been very reliable, as of late. However, he doesn't scare anyone. Not to mention, he doesn't really get yards after the catch. I really would like us to get a true weapon at the #2 spot. This will free up Garcon and Reed a whole lot more. We are getting an idea who the real playmakers have become on this team. Santana Moss is barely a blip on the radar. Josh Morgan --never liked the pickup-- doesn't play. Not very effective when he does. Aldrick hardly plays. Sure, he can get separation on deep routes, but has butter fingers. I really would like us to get Hakeem Nicks, but between him and Garcon, that might be too much money invested in the WR position.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre Garcon unimpressed with career day - ESPN

remember when people on the espn board ( a lot ) said we overpaid for garcon and he isnt a true number one wr ?

a lot of crow needs to be eaten soon

I remember when people said that. In fact, I had a co-worker, who said the same thing a few weeks ago. I never thought he was a number two guy. When he was with Indy, he was coming into his own, but Reggie Wayne was the guy. Garcon's other problem at Indy was he was a little injury-prone. Last year, he could've had big numbers, but was hampered by a foot injury, and still made some big plays, despite that. This season, he is legit. In nine games, he is tied for the league lead with 61 receptions and 5th in the NFL in yardage (803). His biggest games came against the Packers (8-143-1TD), Chargers (7-172), and Vikings (7-119-1TD). He just had two straight and is starting to really warm up. I still say that he needs a legit number two and he'll have even better numbers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when people said that. In fact, I had a co-worker, who said the same thing a few weeks ago. I never thought he was a number two guy. When he was with Indy, he was coming into his own, but Reggie Wayne was the guy. Garcon's other problem at Indy was he was a little injury-prone. Last year, he could've had big numbers, but was hampered by a foot injury, and still made some big plays, despite that. This season, he is legit. In nine games, he is tied for the league lead with 61 receptions and 5th in the NFL in yardage (803). His biggest games came against the Packers (8-143-1TD), Chargers (7-172), and Vikings (7-119-1TD). He just had two straight and is starting to really warm up. I still say that he needs a legit number two and he'll have even better numbers.
hank just came up with his 2nd good game in a row , 5 targets 5 catches

what we have here is a TE playing the number 2 role and a wr playing a TE role .

here is the question . how much more do we spend on offense at the expense of the defense ? a good number 2 is going to cost . so what do we pass on ? a ILB , a CB , a SS or a FS ? what about the o/line ? or punter or a returner ?

i think one or more of those holes will have to wait till 2015

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hank just came up with his 2nd good game in a row , 5 targets 5 catches

what we have here is a TE playing the number 2 role and a wr playing a TE role .

here is the question . how much more do we spend on offense at the expense of the defense ? a good number 2 is going to cost . so what do we pass on ? a ILB , a CB , a SS or a FS ? what about the o/line ? or punter or a returner ?

i think one or more of those holes will have to wait till 2015

Dad, that is the big question. You and I have gone back and forth on this before, but $32M in cap space will be a real benefit this year, but its not as much as people think. It is not enough to address all of our holes. As I pointed out in an earlier thread, we have over 15 of our own that will be FAs this coming year and we need to either resign them or replace them, almost all at higher price points. I tend to agree with you on this Dad. I've seen growth in Hank this year. I would rather we take a shot on a WR in the draft and keep Hank as our #2 this year. Maybe we can pick up a guy that can be a #3 to start off with and grow into a #2 in a few years but can also return kicks. Because a #2 in the FA market will cost us $8M or so a year. That is a quarter of our free cap space. I think we need to spend our money on a R OLB (either resign Rak or find another),S, ILB, and C/G.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not need another WR. Hank is playing well.

ATL has two 1,000 yard WRs (when healthy) but how's that running game?

DEN has Manning...don't ask.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not need another WR. Hank is playing well.

ATL has two 1,000 yard WRs (when healthy) but how's that running game?

DEN has Manning...don't ask.

We are going to need additional WRs. We are most likely losing (or not re signing) Moss, Morgan, and/or Robinson. And we desperately need a kick returner.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need additional WRs. We are most likely losing (or not re signing) Moss, Morgan, and/or Robinson. And we desperately need a kick returner.

We will have WRs come in. I'm saying we don't need to spend a lot of money or early draft capital on the position.