• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game week thread: 49ers, Round 2

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... tough game in Green Bay. Crabtree was a force today (didn't play against us). Kaep was showing it with the wheels. Their D gave up some yards, but held 'em to a couple crucial FGs. Big win in a tough game.

Here we go .......... Panthers!

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a team playing any better than the 49ers right now. Gonna be a tough one. We'll need to play our best.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a team playing any better than the 49ers right now. Gonna be a tough one. We'll need to play our best.

No doubt - my main concern is not coming out flat on O, like recent games. I don't think Kaep will have as much success running against us, but it might be tough sledding for Cam, running against the 9er D - they're stout. And hopefully Smitty will be back.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt - my main concern is not coming out flat on O, like recent games. I don't think Kaep will have as much success running against us, but it might be tough sledding for Cam, running against the 9er D - they're stout. And hopefully Smitty will be back.

These teams are almost mirror images of each other. We play almost the same style of offense and defense. Our D is slightly better but we are almost even on O. Riverboat Ron is going to have to let us take a couple of chances and the offense is going to have to be clicking.

Rivera has said he expects Smith, Stewart, and Cole at full strength come Sunday. The only question mark is Hartsock.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be epic. I cannot wait! This game will define Riverboat Ron. And I believe that Cam comes of age in this game. I hope Luke has 40 tackles and two picks! Go Panthers!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two teams are Mirrors of each other, however i think on offense the 49ers are better. Bolden and Crabtree at wr and Davis at TE is better than ours. however i believe if our defense keeps Kaep in the pocket and gets pressure on him we can force some bad throws and make him make mistakes like we did last time. if we rush out of control like GB did today he will carve us up when he breaks contain.

i think Newton will run a bit more now the playoffs are here, if our wr's dont get open. if we dont got Smitty i think that may happen more often than not.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you guys this upcoming weekend. We were missing Aldon Smith and Crabtree the last time we played, but we were also playing at home and lost so I don't envision this game being anything but a brawl. It should be fun as the teams are seemingly mirror images of each other.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two teams are Mirrors of each other, however i think on offense the 49ers are better. Bolden and Crabtree at wr and Davis at TE is better than ours. however i believe if our defense keeps Kaep in the pocket and gets pressure on him we can force some bad throws and make him make mistakes like we did last time. if we rush out of control like GB did today he will carve us up when he breaks contain.

i think Newton will run a bit more now the playoffs are here, if our wr's dont get open. if we dont got Smitty i think that may happen more often than not.

Green: I think that's what we have to do -> pretty much the book on Kaep. And yeah, allowing him out of the pocket nullifies our pressure. Secondary not set up to guard guys 3+ seconds.

Blue: From what i've been reading, and as ONE reported, Smitty should be back. :hope: Looked at the numbers from the ATL game, we had 15 completions, 11 to DWill, Tolbert, and Olsen. Lafell with 5 targets and nothing.

Got to think Ginn will be motivated for this one, lol. Be great to see him get one of his big plays. We're going to need a couple.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: Not Trolling!!!

Good luck to you guys...

Who were you guys rooting for or find a better matchup after knowing the 4/5 winner would be your opponent?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck to you guys...

Who were you guys rooting for or find a better matchup after knowing the 4/5 winner would be your opponent?

Red: all good.

Green: Green Bay. Their D is way weaker, and would have been glad to take chances against their O with our D.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red: all good.

Green: Green Bay. Their D is way weaker, and would have been glad to take chances against their O with our D.

Yeah, I was curious.... would you want the offensive minded attack or the defensive stronghold?... Prolly wouldn've wanted GB with their weak D...

It's going to be a fun game, I'll be shameful and admit that I only fear the front four n your best LB rather than the front 7 but I think your defense is great if that makes sense....

Keep Kap in the pocket n throw blitzes at him and you'll win... he never dumps off and panics when pressured.

But hopefully, he'll play like he did today and our weapons play like the weapons they are.

Defensively, I wonder how we'll attack Cam, maybe they'll be more free to blitz but they prolly won't.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck to you guys...

Greenbay of course. That defense we could lok like the greatest show on turf lol.

and our d-line against that O line, wold have been very fun to watch...

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith has said, he will play Sunday.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come in peace!

I have to believe Steve Smith plays, that guy is a gamer. We have our guys all back too. I expect a dogfight in the trenches thats for sure. Difference in this game I suspect will be Kaep vs Cam. Who shines, who shrinks.... That I believe will the difference for either of us. Really looking forward to playing you guys in the playoffs, have nothing but respect.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a hard fought, defensive battle. I agree with Breaker, it's which QB plays the best. See ya soon.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Here's the game as I see it. What we did well in week 10 was stay disciplined with our pass rush. We kept pressure on Kaepernack and limited his runs. Of course he has more targets this time.

That game was in Cam's "I am a pocket passer" stage. Hopefully Cam will run to open things up and sustain drives. Those 8 minute drives are game winners.