• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread - Nets @ Warriors

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss to the Spurs should have given Kerr much grist for the mill. The Dub's were exposed as wannabes by the defending champs, and hopefully the team takes that to heart and bounces back with a far more professional and intelligent approach to the game.

An inspired Warrior team wins by double digits. Go Dubs!

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be a busy Thursday night for folks. Dubs up ten with just over ten left. Jack keeping the Nets in the game with drives to the basket, to which, Barnett points out that his defenders should challenge him to hit a jump shot. Duh.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be a busy Thursday night for folks. Dubs up ten with just over ten left. Jack keeping the Nets in the game with drives to the basket, to which, Barnett points out that his defenders should challenge him to hit a jump shot. Duh.

Sorry stuck at work tonight, I caught up on the game afterwards.

Hulk Hogan was there to do a pre game speech pumping up the Dubs, not sure what to make of that.

HB was on fire in the 1st half, then left his game in the lockeroom for the 2nd half.

D.Green is emerging and flirted with a triple double tonight. He outplayed KG all night. If he continues with these #'s, will DGreen get Allstar votes?

Dubs win this one, 2nd unit looked smooth with the ball movement, and AI#9 actually looked like a NBA player on offense tonight. :yahoo:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win but they've still got to correct the turnover problem, get Bogut involved in the offense and Curry to stop the silly fouls.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win but they've still got to correct the turnover problem, get Bogut involved in the offense and Curry to stop the silly fouls.

Did you even watch the game?

Bogut was involved early and often. He's the reason why HB got off to a great start with his great passes.

Dubs had 10 TO's last night, a season low I believe.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a nugget, sure it wasn't over Lopez, but still nice to see Bogut get up there and get it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game. I didn't like how the Nets got back into it in the 4th quarter, but it happened.

There seemed to be a conscious effort for Curry not to shoot the ball much, especially in the first half. I think this is actually a good idea. It will open up shots for Curry if he shoots less contested shots and distributes more. It was really strange to see him shooting the ball so little, but it got others more involved and especially in the first half. We shot really good shots, regardless of whether the shots were made. Everyone on the team played well and played good team ball in the first half.

D. Green was just so solid in about every aspect. Shooting, dribbling, driving, passing. He's got a complete game on both sides of the ball. His 3-point shot is improved even more than it was last year.

H. Barnes was soooooo good and confident on both sides of the ball. It was so good to watch him play, especially on offense.

The guys passed the ball really well in the interior which led to some easy baskets.

Bogut was really a stopper on D. Had a lot of nice blocks. I have no idea what we're going to do when Lee comes back. It's going to be crowded. D. Green will still flourish regardless of whether he starts.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last night, so you're welcome for the win.

The interior defense was great all night. After Lopez had a big first quarter, they pretty much locked him up for the second half. Aside from a few other drives, the Nets didn't get much going towards the basket.

The second unit looked much more fluid. They got a big boost from Speights and Livingston. Livingston was able to use a couple iso, post ups to get buckets. This should be something that they draw up every once in a while, as this is probably going to be a very effective scoring opportunity for us. He'll have a natural height advantage against almost any PG, and if they double, he's a great passer who'll find an open look.

AI looked much more aggressive. He wasn't converting, but you gotta still be able to pull the trigger, which he did. I love how Klay made an effort to get to the basket when his jumper wasn't falling. The biggest thing for me is that they kept the turnovers low. If we have our normal turnover game, I don't think we win this one.

Overall good team win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even watch the game?

Bogut was involved early and often. He's the reason why HB got off to a great start with his great passes.

Dubs had 10 TO's last night, a season low I believe.

I misspoke. I meant Bogut has got to get more involved with scoring. His passing is excellent and he set up some great shots for others but its getting to the point where you don't even have to respect the fact that he might shoot and this will make his passing less effective.

The Dubs did OK with the TOs in the first half, only committing three, but they had quite a stretch of turnovers in the 3rd and early 4th quarters. They seemed to revert back to their old ways.

And my gosh, hasn't Iguodala gotten old fast? Seems like he became the completely ineffective player he is now almost overnight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game. I didn't like how the Nets got back into it in the 4th quarter, but it happened.

There seemed to be a conscious effort for Curry not to shoot the ball much, especially in the first half. I think this is actually a good idea. It will open up shots for Curry if he shoots less contested shots and distributes more. It was really strange to see him shooting the ball so little, but it got others more involved and especially in the first half. We shot really good shots, regardless of whether the shots were made. Everyone on the team played well and played good team ball in the first half.

D. Green was just so solid in about every aspect. Shooting, dribbling, driving, passing. He's got a complete game on both sides of the ball. His 3-point shot is improved even more than it was last year.

H. Barnes was soooooo good and confident on both sides of the ball. It was so good to watch him play, especially on offense.

The guys passed the ball really well in the interior which led to some easy baskets.

Bogut was really a stopper on D. Had a lot of nice blocks. I have no idea what we're going to do when Lee comes back. It's going to be crowded. D. Green will still flourish regardless of whether he starts.

He's improving quickly; and in all aspects of his game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misspoke. I meant Bogut has got to get more involved with scoring. His passing is excellent and he set up some great shots for others but its getting to the point where you don't even have to respect the fact that he might shoot and this will make his passing less effective.

The Dubs did OK with the TOs in the first half, only committing three, but they had quite a stretch of turnovers in the 3rd and early 4th quarters. They seemed to revert back to their old ways.

And my gosh, hasn't Iguodala gotten old fast? Seems like he became the completely ineffective player he is now almost overnight.

I think that if Iggy's scoring was needed more that he'd have been better (since coming over to GS). But, with Lee, Thompson and Curry, he's learned to be a complimentary player.

I was thinking the same thing about Bogut and his offense. There were times in last night's game where Warrior players were waiting on him to roll to the basket and it's almost a foreign concept to him. He does need to think about his scoring more. I bet it's his poor FT shooting that makes him not to want to be too offensive.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if Iggy's scoring was needed more that he'd have been better (since coming over to GS). But, with Lee, Thompson and Curry, he's learned to be a complimentary player.

I was thinking the same thing about Bogut and his offense. There were times in last night's game where Warrior players were waiting on him to roll to the basket and it's almost a foreign concept to him. He does need to think about his scoring more. I bet it's his poor FT shooting that makes him not to want to be too offensive.

Same also applies to Bogut, although it was nice to see him get aggressive with his 1v1 moves, we don't need Bogut to jack up 10+ shots a night be effective. Bogut's value is going to be with his passing, rebounding, defense /blocks on this team.

It was good to see him make 3/5 FT"s last night. If he can shoot 60% for the year from the stripe, I'll take it.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last night, so you're welcome for the win.

The interior defense was great all night. After Lopez had a big first quarter, they pretty much locked him up for the second half. Aside from a few other drives, the Nets didn't get much going towards the basket.

The second unit looked much more fluid. They got a big boost from Speights and Livingston. Livingston was able to use a couple iso, post ups to get buckets. This should be something that they draw up every once in a while, as this is probably going to be a very effective scoring opportunity for us. He'll have a natural height advantage against almost any PG, and if they double, he's a great passer who'll find an open look.

AI looked much more aggressive. He wasn't converting, but you gotta still be able to pull the trigger, which he did. I love how Klay made an effort to get to the basket when his jumper wasn't falling. The biggest thing for me is that they kept the turnovers low. If we have our normal turnover game, I don't think we win this one.

Overall good team win.
How dare you try to take credit for the win when we all know that it comes down to the performance of the OP, though I'll admit that I failed to deliver the double-digit spread that I promised.

Speights has asserted himself at both ends of the floor to become a far larger part of the rotation than in the past. And I loved Bogut's block on Lopez in the fourth where he essentially grabbed the ball out of his hands and threw the long pass for the easy lay-up.