• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NE at ATL

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good to know that Ryan will throw an inaccurate ball to Douglas once in a while. Sheesh! Seems like all the wild ones go to Roddy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has LeGarrette Blount lost weight? He looked awfully speedy on that long TD run.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same end of the field as the NFC Championship......

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN terrible execution by Ryan.... should've threw more open to Roddy... wow...

the double team on TG is hilarious...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Peyton, there's NOBODY I'd rather have at QB in THIS situation than Matt Ryan. Yeah, I say it all the time.

How?!!!!???? He is soooo bad in the red zone when it matters most. Last year against 49ers, Saints the first game, and now this. 3 chances and nothing!!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Silver lining is Brees has to put up 50 on me. Julio's catch got me a lot of points.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has LeGarrette Blount lost weight? He looked awfully speedy on that long TD run.

He doesn't have elite speed, but he's always been able to move. That combined with how hard he is to bring down is why just completely going away from him so quickly was such a surprise to me.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have elite speed, but he's always been able to move. That combined with how hard he is to bring down is why just completely going away from him so quickly was such a surprise to me.

New England has developed a running game. They had a 1200+ yard rusher last year. Blount is a perfect "hammer" for them. But yeah he looked like he had just enough speed to be more than a short yardage guy. Kind of looked like Steven Jackson on that TD run.

Did anyone think that Atalanta was going to win that game? I didn't. My cousin is an ATL fan and he sent me a text saying "I hate you" because it was the NFC Championship game all over again. He was blaming it on the play calling. (ever heard of that before?) For having a name like "Matty Ice" Matt Ryan really does melt when it comes to big time games. It wasn't just another regular season game, it was against the Patriots with the whole country watching.

This week more so than any other I could not help but notice the lack of play making ability of our wide receivers. Not by watching the Niners against the Rams, but by watching all of the other receivers going up and making plays. Julio Jones is a monster. Dez Bryant is a monster. But even Kenbrell Thompkins was making plays that no active receiver on the Niners is capable of. (Maybe Baldwin?) Boldin is strong but he doesn't have the height or the hops to go up and make that play. Qb's are putting the ball in a position where they trust the receiver to go up and get the ball. That's why Brady is so hard on his young pups. When he puts a ball somewhere he expects the receiver to be on the same page as him and go get the ball. Matt Ryan threw a bomb into good coverage, but Julio got it. Julio knew exactly where the ball was going to be, turned around and made the play.

Is it the chicken or the egg? Is Kap not giving his receivers an opportunity to make the play or are our receivers not capable of making it? I don't know.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
BUMP!

I want to know what you guys think? Most people on here are into the team and know football.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons strike me as that very talented team that struggles through the season and has the chance to heat up in December and January and then ruin the dreams of all the teams who just won 12+ games. They aren't being blown out in these losses and in fact were in position to win the games. They need to start winning some of their gimme games to actually reach the playoffs, but if they do and squeak in as a wildcard... I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually knock off the #1 or #2 seed

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New England has developed a running game. They had a 1200+ yard rusher last year. Blount is a perfect "hammer" for them. But yeah he looked like he had just enough speed to be more than a short yardage guy. Kind of looked like Steven Jackson on that TD run.

Did anyone think that Atalanta was going to win that game? I didn't. My cousin is an ATL fan and he sent me a text saying "I hate you" because it was the NFC Championship game all over again. He was blaming it on the play calling. (ever heard of that before?) For having a name like "Matty Ice" Matt Ryan really does melt when it comes to big time games. It wasn't just another regular season game, it was against the Patriots with the whole country watching.

I did... Atlanta was coming off a tough loss on the road against the Dolphins. They were 2 games behind the Saints... I expected a sense of urgency from the Falcons at home against the Pats because another loss would mean an uphill struggle to catch up with the Saints....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This week more so than any other I could not help but notice the lack of play making ability of our wide receivers. Not by watching the Niners against the Rams, but by watching all of the other receivers going up and making plays. Julio Jones is a monster. Dez Bryant is a monster. But even Kenbrell Thompkins was making plays that no active receiver on the Niners is capable of. (Maybe Baldwin?) Boldin is strong but he doesn't have the height or the hops to go up and make that play. Qb's are putting the ball in a position where they trust the receiver to go up and get the ball. That's why Brady is so hard on his young pups. When he puts a ball somewhere he expects the receiver to be on the same page as him and go get the ball. Matt Ryan threw a bomb into good coverage, but Julio got it. Julio knew exactly where the ball was going to be, turned around and made the play.

Is it the chicken or the egg? Is Kap not giving his receivers an opportunity to make the play or are our receivers not capable of making it? I don't know.

If they can't do it in practice, you don't throw it in games. The best way to find out would be to know if he makes the throws in practice and if they come away with any of them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For having a name like "Matty Ice" Matt Ryan really does melt when it comes to big time games. It wasn't just another regular season game, it was against the Patriots with the whole country watching.

His name is ironic because it seems like he's good enough in the clutch to get a field goal for the kicker, but not the TD. He doesn't "ice" the kicker. If he had been our QB in the 2011 playoffs, the Saints game would have gone to overtime (if all else were equal in bringing him to the Catch III point). We'd have won in OT after the defense stopped Brees the first possession of OT - on a made 55 yard field goal that barely squeaked through - some would call him Matty Ice for the wrong reasons. Then, against the Giants in the rain, Matty Ice would pretend it was round one of the playoffs (prior to this year).