• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread for Heat games January 8th - January 16th

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the most fun and entertaining season in heat history continues

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva needs to sit out some games to give us a chance to win

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If by Diva, you mean Spolestra and him not being on the bench, then I agree.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Saw a stat, Miami is -197 after halftime while the 76ers are -168. Wow...just wow.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is important to keep things in perspective, but that might be asking for too much out of a lousy fan base that likes to make the coaches the scapegoat and fails to hold the players accountable - But, the Knicks have lost -- they have lost 14 straight. So it could be worst. And just remember, life... will go on. Its not all that bad.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your boy diva wade was 7/18 from the field thats about 38% and missed 3 FTs and had a team and game high 3 turnovers. Hurting the team in just every way possible as only he can

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Hassan Whiteside start third quarters for Miami Heat? - Sun Sentinel

Ira, at the beginning of the third quarter, the Heat were totally getting beat around the rim. Chris Andersen had no energy. Why not go with Hassan Whiteside? -- Juan.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Low times in Heat Nation...the heat do suck right now and we fans have to suck it up, we were on top pf the world for 4 years...those days are in the rearview mirror. I salute Riles & Co. for keeping a positive face with the videos and rah rah stuff but in the end as much as we fans enamor...
RIVERLOBO
AT 12:32 PM JANUARY 09, 2015
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: First, I'm not sure a team ever has utilized one starting lineup for the start of the game and another for the start of the second half, but it does seem that Birdman is not the same player in the second half as the first half. And while the third-quarter struggles are about far more than Andersen's play, it was odd how Erik Spoelstra did not use Whiteside for a single second during Thursday's third quarter, when the Heat were getting blitzed 33-16 and when Andersen was on the court for 9 minutes, 37 seconds. That was confounding, especially since the Heat were so efficient with Whiteside on the court in the second period, when they pushed to a 10-point lead. The Birdman-as-starter approach has not exactly been productive, and while Whiteside might not be ready, something needs to be done. So, perhaps, for now, a starting lineup to open the game, and another, with a different grouping, to open the third quarter. Yes, it's drastic. But it's sort of reached that point with these dreadful third-quarter showings.

Q: Ira, do you think it's time for Erik Spoelstra, who seems to be stuck in the LeBron James Era to start using James Ennis as his new LeBron James ? Even though L.J. cannot be replaced, Ennis has that spark and can be as aggressive if they made more plays where Dwyane Wade and him work more together. Also I think Ennis should do what L.J. never did for South Beach or the Cavs and join the slam-dunk contest and win one for Miami. -- George.

A: Whoa, except for the part about the dunking contest, which could be intriguing. Forget the LeBron comparisons, because that isn't fair to anyone. The issue with Ennis is his ballhandling, which simply is not to NBA caliber at this stage. Yes, he can be aggressive to the rim and often plays in attack mode. But unless he is being led to the rim with a pass or scoring off a second-chance opportunity, he has had issues creating for himself, let alone for others. For now, Ennis is best when he is not handling. To become an elite scorer, he has to work, considerably, on that element of his game. James hardly distinguished himself Thursday, and the reality is the consistent playing time in the D-League might be the best way to develop his game, even if it takes him away from the Heat for a while.

Q: So is Justin Hamilton safe, or is he gone? Maybe be becomes part of a trade. -- Chet.

A: Well, he's safe as far as the passing of the NBA's guarantee deadline. The reality is that the Heat already had guaranteed 75 percent of Hamilton's salary before the guarantee deadline, so they basically were too heavily invested to turn away. But, as you point out, the Heat can still use his salary to fill out a trade, since there really aren't any other minimum-scale players the Heat would be as comfortable tossing into a trade simply to make numbers work. For now, Hamilton stands as much a part of the Heat's ledger as he does as any tangible part of the rotation.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only changes that need to be made in the third quarter is start Whiteside as opposed to Birdman. I said a few weeks ago it looked like he was getting it together again - but he once again looks old, washed up and tired.

So we need to start Whiteside in the second half and bench diva in the second half so he doesnt start playing hero ball.

Beyond that, they dont need to do nothing.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only changes that need to be made in the third quarter is start Whiteside as opposed to Birdman. I said a few weeks ago it looked like he was getting it together again - but he once again looks old, washed up and tired.

So we need to start Whiteside in the second half and bench diva in the second half so he doesnt start playing hero ball.

Beyond that, they dont need to do nothing.
Bring back the old coaches to help Spolestra with adjustments and make Spolestra wear an earpiece so Riley can tell him when to sub since he has no feel for the game...:noidea:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the old coaches to help Spolestra with adjustments and make Spolestra wear an earpiece so Riley can tell him when to sub since he has no feel for the game...

It would take one of you ignorant, baseless idiots to do homework on the facts, but I know you guys are too ignorant and lazy to do it - But, I did post an article about it way back when the news came about and have mentioned it before.

Some of you say the staff was hand-picked by Spo - That is as wrong as anything you ever say. Riles was the one who hand-picked these guys as the other guys were guys who had been around since Riles days way back when.

Of all of them, Keith Askins was probably the only one you could have made a case for keeping - Rothstein, up their in age and himself cited health and family matters as to why he wanted to step away from coachhing and do TV for sun sports of which is less demanding of his time.

Health reasons for McAdoo as well. Again, your ignorance may not allow you to remember or have even been aware of this - But, a couple of seasons ago - During the shortened season, McAdoo missed a couple of games because he had persistent blood clots in his leg.

So, if you want to blame someone for the formation of the assistant coaches, your hatered should be directed to Riles - Or, even blame the guiltest partiest themselves(Rothstein,McAdoo, etc) And like I said before, except for Rothstein, all the other guys have been kept around in scouts capacities or as front office assistants.

The Heat organization is pretty tight, so I am sure that just because these guys are no longer sitting along side our great HOF caliber coach, it doesnt mean they can’t give input/feedback about the team. Quite sure they are still allowed to do that and that they do.

I understand your ignorace, and your need to blame someone because you think its some sort of sin or crime to be critical of the players, of which you obviously think are godly - But at least know the facts about how the coaching staff was put together and why the changes were made.

And, if it helps you sleep at night, keep being critical of the coaches and use them as an excuse for our struggles - the ONLY thing that is going to do is keep things as is for the team and you will see the same inconsistencies and flaws.

But, the blame should be mostly placed on the players - they are the ones on the court not executing the game plan appropriately - they are the ones turning the ball over, lapsing on defense, missing FTs, taking ill advised jumpers, etc. Expect much of the same until blame is placed on the players and expect much of the same until they are held accountable and until they show some accountability.

Last, like I said last night and many times before - The silver-lining of all this is that, each game brings us a year closer to the end of the career of Diva Wade. We are all thankful for all the good he brought to this organization - But, his antics have become much and unnecessary. He has become the ultimate diva next to his boy Queen James. Its about time this franchise moves on from him and looks to the future.

This fan base is full of bandwagoners - But, the few diehards know that this franchise went through some really dark days before the glorious days came about. Its a cycle in all sports - we are back to the bad end of the cycle. Once Diva is gone and we continue on with the youth movement, we will build back up.

One last thing to point out, sub patterns and all this crap you and the other bitches cry about is never cried about when the Heat win as was the case vs Brooklyn a few days ago - In fact, this board was fairly inactive that day because you obviously didnt have any ammo to bitch and cry about that night. Winning cures everything, huh?

But, once again it just speaks to your ignorance.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy 2015 NBA season - one of the greatest, most memorable seasons in Heat franchise history.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With @WojYahooNBA reporting the Grizzlies are closing in on Jeff Green for Tayshaun, first-round pick, it essentially ends the Deng rumors.

Per Ira Winderman

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It would take one of you ignorant, baseless idiots to do homework on the facts, but I know you guys are too ignorant and lazy to do it - But, I did post an article about it way back when the news came about and have mentioned it before.

Some of you say the staff was hand-picked by Spo - That is as wrong as anything you ever say. Riles was the one who hand-picked these guys as the other guys were guys who had been around since Riles days way back when.

Of all of them, Keith Askins was probably the only one you could have made a case for keeping - Rothstein, up their in age and himself cited health and family matters as to why he wanted to step away from coachhing and do TV for sun sports of which is less demanding of his time.

Health reasons for McAdoo as well. Again, your ignorance may not allow you to remember or have even been aware of this - But, a couple of seasons ago - During the shortened season, McAdoo missed a couple of games because he had persistent blood clots in his leg.

So, if you want to blame someone for the formation of the assistant coaches, your hatered should be directed to Riles - Or, even blame the guiltest partiest themselves(Rothstein,McAdoo, etc) And like I said before, except for Rothstein, all the other guys have been kept around in scouts capacities or as front office assistants.

The Heat organization is pretty tight, so I am sure that just because these guys are no longer sitting along side our great HOF caliber coach, it doesnt mean they can’t give input/feedback about the team. Quite sure they are still allowed to do that and that they do.

I understand your ignorace, and your need to blame someone because you think its some sort of sin or crime to be critical of the players, of which you obviously think are godly - But at least know the facts about how the coaching staff was put together and why the changes were made.

And, if it helps you sleep at night, keep being critical of the coaches and use them as an excuse for our struggles - the ONLY thing that is going to do is keep things as is for the team and you will see the same inconsistencies and flaws.

But, the blame should be mostly placed on the players - they are the ones on the court not executing the game plan appropriately - they are the ones turning the ball over, lapsing on defense, missing FTs, taking ill advised jumpers, etc. Expect much of the same until blame is placed on the players and expect much of the same until they are held accountable and until they show some accountability.

Last, like I said last night and many times before - The silver-lining of all this is that, each game brings us a year closer to the end of the career of Diva Wade. We are all thankful for all the good he brought to this organization - But, his antics have become much and unnecessary. He has become the ultimate diva next to his boy Queen James. Its about time this franchise moves on from him and looks to the future.

This fan base is full of bandwagoners - But, the few diehards know that this franchise went through some really dark days before the glorious days came about. Its a cycle in all sports - we are back to the bad end of the cycle. Once Diva is gone and we continue on with the youth movement, we will build back up.

One last thing to point out, sub patterns and all this crap you and the other bitches cry about is never cried about when the Heat win as was the case vs Brooklyn a few days ago - In fact, this board was fairly inactive that day because you obviously didnt have any ammo to bitch and cry about that night. Winning cures everything, huh?

But, once again it just speaks to your ignorance.
We were still outscored by Brooklyn in the 3rd...so halftime adjustments were just not as awful! LOL.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With @WojYahooNBA reporting the Grizzlies are closing in on Jeff Green for Tayshaun, first-round pick, it essentially ends the Deng rumors.

Per Ira Winderman
We should have thrown in Paolo and we would have traded Deng for Prince and a first round pick.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat Reshuffle Coaching Staff, Front Office | Bleacher Report

Here is the article written by Ethan Skolnick, who is now with bleacher report. The article does not explain the reasons for the changes - but it does give in-depth info as to the roles as a result of the changes.

Again, if your laziness and ignorance can be given a break for the moment, you can see the day the article was written - you can go to Ira Windermans’ twitter , where he details his opinion as to why they were made - along with the actual facts as to why they were made.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have thrown in Paolo and we would have traded Deng for Prince and a first round pick.

I have a no-trade clause attached to my name. I remain loyal to my team from the front office all the day down to the great product on the court.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a Heat shakeup required from Pat Riley? - Sun Sentinel
I'm sure I am not the only one who is tired of opening the Sun Sentinel every morning and seeing that there is absolutely no news or even rumors of a trade to help this roster. It really is frustrating being a Heat fan at this moment. I want to enjoy basketball. I just can't fathom that Pat Riley thinks this group is good enough. -- Bruno, Pompano Beach.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

A: First, thank you for opening the Sun Sentinel every day, so you clearly have an informed opinion. I'm not sure there need to be trade rumors or even a trade. This team has Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Luol Deng. In the Eastern Conference, that should be more than enough to secure a playoff position, which essentially is the target during this interim period. And based on how this roster largely has remained intact from the start of the season, Riley obviously believes there is enough. I think where he went wrong was not having a legitimate, NBA pedigree shooting guard available behind Wade. Shannon Brown apparently didn't meet Riley's standards, nor did the promise of Andre Dawkins. It sounds odd, but it's as if this roster misses Toney Douglas. If the Heat had someone to defend at the point, even a shooting guard, then Wade could play more often as the primary facilitator. The fact that there still is no clear choice as the starting center, with Hassan Whiteside now pushing career sixth-man Chris Andersen, after Bosh supposedly was penciled in as the center in training camp. There is precious little in support at the moment. And yet, all of that said, to reiterate, it remains unfathomable that in this Eastern Conference, Erik Spoelstra can't find a way to make it work with Wade, Bosh and Deng.

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

Q: Erik Spoelstra is not using this team's talent properly. Shawne Williams obviously can play an important role, giving us much-needed scoring, especially 3-pointers. We know Danny Granger can score if given the ball in the right situations, but we don't use him consistently. Where is the 20/10 new Chris Bosh? We can't over-burden Dwyane Wade, which we do nightly, and expect him to come to the rescue all the time. Spo finally seems to get it that Hassan Whiteside could be the 7-footer we've lacked, but will he start him? Luol Deng is still not being used the right way consistently to take advantage of all his skills. Is all this for lack of a good point guard? What happened to Super Mario? Let's use the $2.65 million exemption for what is lacking and get Pat Riley to be more hands on. It just seems the ingredients are here (didn't mention young talent), but the chef can't seem to put them together. Can anybody say, "Miss the playoffs?" In the East, too sad for words. -- Dave.

A: I agree with many of your points, including getting Shawne Williams' 3-point shooting in the rotation, at least on the nights when Danny Granger is off. And I'm not giving Wade a pass for passive play at a time when there should be heightened passion from everyone on the roster. Is the reality that the core of returning players returned burned out? And if that's the case, shouldn't management have read the situation before it reached critical mass? Because that's where the Heat stand at the moment.

Q: Could it be other teams adjust at halftime? We never manage to adjust to opponents' adjustments. Is that a coaching issue? We were competing the first half. I know Portland is a great team. But it's one thing to lose, another thing to fall apart. -- Morris.

A: I'm not sure whether it's Xs-and-Os or motivation, but the Heat consistently have lost their mojo at the intermission, as if a bad sequel to Space Jam.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shakeup needed or required - just execution is required from the players