• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Rodgers played at an MVP type level their entire career until this season.
Not necessarily. Most MVP's average at least .300 EPA/Play or higher. In a weaker year it'll between .250-.299 barring the Cam Newton season/non-QB

The Highest since 1999 not named Mahomes is Peyton Manning in the .240's. Mahomes is at .306. His average season is an MVP contending season, if not winner. See this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Rodgers played at an MVP type level their entire career until this season.
Bradys last year in New England wasn't that great IIRC.

I do think we need a few more seasons before we get into Mahomes' legacy. Specifically what happens when Kelce retires

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Most MVP's average at least .300 EPA/Play or higher. In a weaker year it'll between .250-.299 barring the Cam Newton season/non-QB

The Highest since 1999 not named Mahomes is Peyton Manning in the .240's. Mahomes is at .306. His average season is an MVP contending season, if not winner. See this year.
The point is you have Maholmes on this pedestal you think no one has ever reached and is untouchable and that quite isn't true. Your statment is more of a homer statement.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradys last year in New England wasn't that great IIRC.

I do think we need a few more seasons before we get into Mahomes' legacy. Specifically what happens when Kelce retires
I do agree this season and his last year in NE wasn't very good but his statement is over the top homerism.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is you have Maholmes on this pedestal you think no one has ever reached and is untouchable and that quite isn't true. Your statment is more of a homer statement.
This would be a strawman. I don't ever claim is untouchable. He wasn't last year for instance. It is however empirically correct Mahomes is ahead of the field by a substantial field right *now* and his career is statistically unprecedented with the possible exception of Dan Marino.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is the best at this time... but of Cincy wins tomorrow, there is another QB on this planet and gaining on his ass.

Like it or not, QB's are judged by playoffs and championships.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea. First time I've heard that.

New stat: Mahomes averages 37 points a game against the Niners
Ha, that Niners team you played this year early on isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the current Niners team. Most of the defense was injured then.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a strawman. I don't ever claim is untouchable. He wasn't last year for instance. It is however empirically correct Mahomes is ahead of the field by a substantial field right *now* and his career is statistically unprecedented with the possible exception of Dan Marino.
So you have a crystal ball that shows you Maholmes is statistically going to be ahead of everyone except for possibly Marino? That is laughable considering that's not reality. Burrow plays at an MVP type level and is 3-0 against Maholmes and Allen who had a shitty playoff game also plays at an MVP type level. Your homer statement does claim he's untouchable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is the best at this time... but of Cincy wins tomorrow, there is another QB on this planet and gaining on his ass.

I'll play the "what if" game...If Cinncy wins tomorrow and takes home the SB, he would be ahead of Maholmes at that current time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have a crystal ball that shows you Maholmes is statistically going to be ahead of everyone except for possibly Marino? That is laughable considering that's not reality. Burrow plays at an MVP type level and is 3-0 against Maholmes and Allen who had a shitty playoff game also plays at an MVP type level. Your homer statement does claim he's untouchable.
A fake stat that is built upon another fake stat. Who cares? Mahomes has failed in the playoffs every time he was protected as poorly as Burrow has always been protected.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fake stat that is built upon another fake stat. Who cares? Mahomes has failed in the playoffs every time he was protected as poorly as Burrow has always been protected.
That Cinncy coaching staff certainly did a heck of a job this year having that offense roll with a bad banged up o-line.
I'm not trying to kill Maholmes here. Yes he's a great player but he's not in a category all by himself when I see Burrow, Allen, Hurts making his move this year, Herbert puts up numbers and now possibly Trevor Lawarence turning that corner.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lit up the Bills in the AFCCG with an OL of backups and on turf toe, my brother in christ. Mahomes did this already and better.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have a crystal ball that shows you Maholmes is statistically going to be ahead of everyone except for possibly Marino?
Nobody said this.

Burrow plays at an MVP type level
He was really good. Is a top 3 QB in the league. But he didn't have an MVP level year, imo. And has yet to do so.

ADJ EPA/PLAY 2022

Mahomes: .306
Allen: .231
Hurts: .225
Burrow: .181

Other Notables

Goff: .194
Prescott: .183
Lawrence: .142

and is 3-0 against Maholmes
You're using QBwinz now and accusing others of being biased? I mean, ok.

Allen who had a shitty playoff game also plays at an MVP type level.
Allen has been pretty excellent the past several years since breaking out. No argument from me. His turnovers put him a clear notch below Mahomes for me. But he's awesome and have all the respect in the world for him.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright this is fair. I despise the media and fans that do this, but you are correct.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, that Niners team you played this year early on isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the current Niners team. Most of the defense was injured then.
I mean, likewise for the Chiefs. But go off. Would be a good SB if KC and SF met.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play the "what if" game...If Cinncy wins tomorrow and takes home the SB, he would be ahead of Maholmes at that current time.
I won't get in to being ahead due to so much ahead for both, but that's just it, Burrow belongs in any best QB conversations going forward and head-to-head will be mentioned a time or two. :playball:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't get in to being ahead due to so much ahead for both, but that's just it, Burrow belongs in any best QB conversations going forward and head-to-head will be mentioned a time or two. :playball:
Imo, the big story is Josh Allen falling back. Bills have gotten embarrassed by Mahomes and Burrow now. Burrow and Mahomes have both made it to the AFCCG every season after their rookie season. Whether or not one is ahead of the other should pale in comparison to how everyone else has gotten shut out.

If the chiefs lose again, they'll need to tweak a few things in the off-season. The rest of the AFC needs way more.