• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thoughts

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denver should sign whitworth from cincinnati to play LT and draft Garett Bolles to play guard or tackle

Give me
LT: Whitworth
LG: Garcia/McGovern/Bolles (TC Battle)
C: Paradis
RG: Schofield
RT: Bolles/Stephenson (Again, TC Battle for Stephenson's job and roster spot...)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just some quick thoughts...

While the OL struggled (mostly the RT position) we finally saw our offense show some life. This is the first game where I felt like they did plenty to help us win a game. And just stinks that when that happens lines up with when our Special Teams and defense actually let us down.

I will say though we have been on the winning end of some games just like that. I guess we now know how their fans felt after seeing their team fail in such a way. This is where we see the character of the team though of can they rise up or is this where we see division among the team?

I have to give a huge shout out to Siemian. He corrected many of the things I said were a problem in the Saints game. I saw him continue to look down field when he left the pocket. I saw him actually use his feet to pick up some good yards. We saw him push the ball down the field. He wasn't dropping back as far in his backpedal and we saw him being accurate once again. Stinks after putting together such a great game he might now be done for a while. Still the game shows some huge promise from the QB position even without us knowing quite what we have in Lynch.

Overall tough game to think about when there were so many opportunities for us to put that game away. Still plenty of good though to hang out hat on and see how it develops.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denver should sign whitworth from cincinnati to play LT and draft Garett Bolles to play guard or tackle

Give me
LT: Whitworth
LG: Garcia/McGovern/Bolles (TC Battle)
C: Paradis
RG: Schofield
RT: Bolles/Stephenson (Again, TC Battle for Stephenson's job and roster spot...)

Sign a 35 year old LT for how long?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign a 35 year old LT for how long?

My guess is this is a one year type deal with the hopes that Bolles can develop in that one year and be ready to start at LT the following season. At this point Whitworth is about the only decent LT on the market for this upcoming season and not sure how much you can rely on any rookie to step in day 1 and do fine. This is partly why I would understand if the Broncos went ahead and exercised Okung's deal. He hasn't been great but he has done a decent job and year 2 with both QB's having more experience you would hope would go better.