• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Strategy / Stupid Play Calling / Garrett / Linehan

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One minute... forty seconds in the second quarter.
Dak had just run the ball to the Eagle's seven yard line..........1st and goal
The Eagles had one timeout.......COWBOYS three timeouts

The worst case scenario.....the COWBOYS get three points and run the clock out so there's no time for the Eagles...Best case scenario......COWBOYS score a TD , leave no time on clock... .go up by seven

We have the best Oline in pro football.......maybe the best back........a really good running QB

And the first play called, is a fade pass pattern to Dez????????????.
The second play is a pass play over the middle (into triple coverage)????????? ......Interception

It was arguably a 10 point swing in the game (if the COWBOYS would have scored a TD)
The COWBOYS at minimum, should have had a three point lead at half time......
Instead, the COWBOYS were losing by three.........And the Eagles got the kickoff in the second half

stupid play calling and game strategy........I was livid

We got lucky, to be able to win the game.....The Eagles also donated back to us.......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One minute... forty seconds in the second quarter.
Dak had just run the ball to the Eagle's seven yard line..........1st and goal
The Eagles had one timeout.......COWBOYS three timeouts

The worst case scenario.....the COWBOYS get three points and run the clock out so there's no time for the Eagles...Best case scenario......COWBOYS score a TD , leave no time on clock... .go up by seven

We have the best Oline in pro football.......maybe the best back........a really good running QB

And the first play called, is a fade pass pattern to Dez????????????.
The second play is a pass play over the middle (into triple coverage)????????? ......Interception

It was arguably a 10 point swing in the game (if the COWBOYS would have scored a TD)
The COWBOYS at minimum, should have had a three point lead at half time......
Instead, the COWBOYS were losing by three.........And the Eagles got the kickoff in the second half

stupid play calling and game strategy........I was livid

We got lucky, to be able to win the game.....The Eagles also donated back to us.......
I heard they were about to run the ball and then Romo yelled to Dak...Audible to a pass, that's what i'd do...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they were about to run the ball and then Romo yelled to Dak...Audible to a pass, that's what i'd do...

I know you're anti Romo............We understand.......we get it

Try dealing with the the subject of the post.........

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're anti Romo............We understand.......we get it

Try dealing with the the subject of the post.........
No, that is honestly what I heard:noidea:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not about Dak throwing an INT.............believe it or not, all QBs throw INTs at times.
I heard once, that Romo actually threw an INT, once.

It was about game strategy, play calling, and KEEPING OUR DEFENSE off the field..,,over the last minute and thirty five seconds.
I realize ,some on this board , aren't smart enough to understand game strategy.

And some on this board, have been so used to the Garrett 8 and 8 mediocrity......they accept garbage and poor coaching decisions,

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were this close but as usual, you haven't a clue
but...it's another opportunity to slam the offensive coaches...Nice job

tendencies...what's that?
play called, if you see this, check here and if they do this, do this.
The coaches don't have controllers or a joy stick

buy a fucking clue....least you know who chuckles is, I'd call that baby steps.

onward!!
Go Romo!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thankfully Dak threw that int or chuckles wouldn't have a bitch.
what does this mean?
well....chuckles wouldn't have a post without that int
hindsight remains 20/20

can you imagine had Garrett elected to kick the FG in overtime and trust his defense?
If philly scores.......Garrett name is 10 threads deep, 7 started by chuckles.

I've said often over the years, cowboy fans can be the NFL's worst on occasions and yes chuckles, you're exactly what I have in mind when I say this. Go Romo!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does this mean?
well....chuckles wouldn't have a post without that int
hindsight remains 20/20

can you imagine had Garrett elected to kick the FG in overtime and trust his defense?
If philly scores.......Garrett name is 10 threads deep, 7 started by chuckles.

I've said often over the years, cowboy fans can be the NFL's worst on occasions and yes chuckles, you're exactly what I have in mind when I say this. Go Romo!
I think Chuckles works with me. Dude sounds happy Dak didn't play well, and is disappointed Romp hasn't been named the starter.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were this close but as usual, you haven't a clue
but...it's another opportunity to slam the offensive coaches...Nice job

tendencies...what's that?
play called, if you see this, check here and if they do this, do this.
The coaches don't have controllers or a joy stick

buy a fucking clue....least you know who chuckles is, I'd call that baby steps.

onward!!
Go Romo!

I understand the COWBOY's system of audibles........which I have a problem with

don't talk down to me.......

funny thing.........I always thought that an offensive coordinator called the plays......(within reason,some audibles may be necessary)
(Aikman hardly ever called an audible)(Jimmy controlled game strategy)

and the head coach was in charge of game strategy (huge mistake in my thinking when it comes to Garrett)

I guess our QBs control both.........So our QBs control the team's game strategy?

go figure...........

Our QBs deserve more money

then exactly what is Garrett's and Linehan's function?????????

I always thought Romo was a great head coach.........another great Romo post.....that was an audible in my post

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude sounds happy Dak didn't play well, and is disappointed Romp hasn't been named the starter.

No.....Some QBs have struggles in games. I admire Prescott.

Why would I think of Romo when it comes to 4th quarter comebacks?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dak Prescott does his best Tony Romo Impression in Victory
by Steven Mullenax
Dallas Cowboys rookie quarterback Dak Prescott looked and played like his predecessor in the team’s overtime victory over the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

The Dallas Cowboys need a touchdown to win the game. They ball is snapped. The Cowboys quarterback buys time in the pocket and then spins out of it. As he turns back to the goal post, the gunslinger spots tight end Jason Witten in the end zone. A flash of motion. Touchdown. Ball game. Dallas wins.

Sound familiar? Well, if you were watching the Cowboys prior to 2016, the quarterback making that play was likely Tony Romo. If you were watching Sunday Night Football over the weekend, that player was rookie Dak Prescott.

Against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week Eight, the Cowboys struggled offensively. They committed several penalties, mental errors and their team chemistry seemed to be a bit off. But Dallas rallied back down 23-13 in the fourth quarter to tie the game and send it into overtime. Winning the coin toss, the Cowboys offense slow but steadily marched down the field.

With the game on the line, Prescott did his best Romo impression. Like his predecessor in the pocket, Dak spun away from the pressure only to find Tony’s trusty security blanket wide open in the end zone.

It was a very Romo-esque play to end what one Cowboys Insider later called a very Romo-esque type game.

“This game reminded me of some of Romo’s games back in the day when he didn’t really play well throughout the game, but found a way late to make just enough plays,” wrote DallasCowboys.com staff writer Nick Eatman following the team’s overtime victory. “To me, that’s the sign of a good quarterback. It’s not always going to go right, but as long as it goes right in the fourth quarter, sometimes that’s good enough. That’s the way to describe this game against the Eagles. It wasn’t all that good, but good enough.”

The Cowboys seem to be in the midst of a very magical season. And unexpectedly it’s two rookies in Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott that are at the forefront, leading the charge for Dallas.

Sunday’s come from behind victory extends the legend that Prescott has built for himself so far this season. The 23-year finally looked like a rookie early against the Eagles, only to pull a Romo-like fourth-quarter comeback. Even hitting Tony’s favorite target in overtime to win the divisional contest to boot.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony is a good backup for Dak.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT a little. Take nothing away from Dak and the Cowboys comeback last night- but how awesome was Matty Ice yesterday that final drive. Not only did he lead his team to the TD but he left Rodgers virtually no time.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited: