• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game on, bitches!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the worst news I heard all day

haha, when all is right, he wont see the ice

coburn.grossmann
timonen.meszaros
schenn.gust/bourdon/manning

with gervais and lilja on the outside looking in.. is what i'd expect, when they're healthy.. gervais or lilja will be the 7th dman regardless though, the 2 that don't get paired with schenn will play with the phantoms, or, in bourdon's case, be injured.. i get the feeling that his season might be over due to post conky syndrome

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy tits, I hope so. We need to get rid of that god-awful contract ASAP.

What do you think the odds are that Nashville uses one of the buyouts on Weber? I know he's their franchise centerpiece .... but with the smaller cap, they're very likely to realize they can't build a winning team with all that money going to him ..... right?

i'd say its highly unlikely nashville buys out weber.. he's, IMO, far and away the best dman in the game.. 7.8 isn't that bad of a cap hit for him, and having him locked up for eternity is actually kinda nice if i'm the predators.. i dont think they'll trade him either, once July 1 rolls around, the financially hard part of his contract will be over.. if they were to trade him, it would definitely take 2 superstar prospects (i.e. schenn+couturier) + multiple first rounders now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first guess at lines

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.briere.simmonds
wellwood.couturier.read
fedetenko.talbot.rinaldo

(couturier and read looked good when they played together last year, and i THINK couturier and wellwood have been playing on the same line w/ the phantoms lately)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN reported that for a 48 game schedule the Flyers would play Atlantic rivals 7 times each,and North and Southeast rivals 2 times each.

IMO the Atlantic-(Flyers/Rangers/Devils/Pens/Islanders) would have nothing left in the tank for playoffs,after beating on each other in this shortened,stacked schedule.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule is already out. We start the 15th in Winnipeg, and home opener the 17th against the Caps.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first guess at lines

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.briere.simmonds
wellwood.couturier.read
fedetenko.talbot.rinaldo

(couturier and read looked good when they played together last year, and i THINK couturier and wellwood have been playing on the same line w/ the phantoms lately)

These lines exactly. But I am not going to be totally satisfied (On paper) regardless.

First of all, I hate that one of Wellwood, Talbot, Fedotenko, or the useless goons in going to be playing anywhere but the 4th line.

I hate that we are giving a roster spot to Shelley/Sestito/Rinaldo.

I am skeptical or Voracek on the first line. I just dont know how "Pass First Giroux" will work with "Pass First Voracek" (60 goals for Hartnell? :D)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These lines exactly. But I am not going to be totally satisfied (On paper) regardless.

First of all, I hate that one of Wellwood, Talbot, Fedotenko, or the useless goons in going to be playing anywhere but the 4th line.

I hate that we are giving a roster spot to Shelley/Sestito/Rinaldo.

I am skeptical or Voracek on the first line. I just dont know how "Pass First Giroux" will work with "Pass First Voracek" (60 goals for Hartnell? :D)

Agree with you on voracek, but I still think he starts there. I bet schenn gets a shot there too. If only briere could figure out how to play wing. I'd love a hartnell, giroux, briere line.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on voracek, but I still think he starts there. I bet schenn gets a shot there too. If only briere could figure out how to play wing. I'd love a hartnell, giroux, briere line.

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere would be just lethal. It would be the HBL line just with, you know, Giroux. Obviously works on paper, but I would bet Lavy goes with lines very similar to your's come the opener.

Is Briere injured though? Could be kind of important.

And wow...talking hockey. This feels amazing.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey bitches! Been busy lately but have to make the time now. I think that your lines are dead on Jake earned the right for top line and looked skilled enough to play with G. Schenn played well with DB and Couturier is pefect in the 3 line center shut down role. 4th line is solid and could do some damage....love it.

Just as long as the D holds up and plays within their means everything should be good. Bryz too needs to be consistent.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^this
those games that 4706 posted were from original "if played this year" schedule.they still haven't decided on 48 or 50 game schedule.

Damn, you're correct.

2013 Regular Season Schedule
Please note: With the announcement of a tentative CBA agreement, details concerning the schedule will be released once confirmed by the NHL.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect a schedule til the end of the week. But there's a lot of talk of the flyers starting with the pens on the 19th

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect a schedule til the end of the week. But there's a lot of talk of the flyers starting with the pens on the 19th

FUCK THE PENS!!!

Damn that felt goooood. :D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah D is back!! :)

Real good to see you. Hope the holidays were good to you man. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you too man! i have been very busy at work and didn't have much to bring to the table. i just need to figure out whose jersey to get...

in order thus far this is what i'm thinking:

1. voracek
2. simmonds
3. b schenn
4. hartnell
5. giroux (so far down the list because bro has this one)

also leaning towards the away white this time instead of the home orange

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone is coming out of the woodwork.. fun times :)