• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 5 new cast members Comic-Con video:

:nod:

Areo Hotah is described in the books has having a beard, white hair, and is Caucasian. Basically he looks like this:

Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg

Man, they really knocked it out of the park with that casting.

Also, I've heard that Trystane Martell is the heir to Dorne in the show, so they're likely cutting Arianne and Quentyn.

Also, no Greyjoys? Certainly they can't be stupid enough to cut out half the Dorne plot with Arianne and all of the Iron Islands plot for next season. If they do that they won't have hardly anything left.

Maybe that's what they want though, so they can just start deviating from the books and do whatever they want. If that's the case the show could easily start going downhill.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Areo Hotah is described in the books has having a beard, white hair, and is Caucasian. Basically he looks like this:

Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg

Man, they really knocked it out of the park with that casting.

Also, I've heard that Trystane Martell is the heir to Dorne in the show, so they're likely cutting Arianne and Quentyn.

Also, no Greyjoys? Certainly they can't be stupid enough to cut out half the Dorne plot with Arianne and all of the Iron Islands plot for next season. If they do that they won't have hardly anything left.

Maybe that's what they want though, so they can just start deviating from the books and do whatever they want. If that's the case the show could easily start going downhill.

I'm guessing that's not all of the new characters. There's going to be a lot of them in the next season or 2. Those all seemed to be mostly Dornish characters though so perhaps any of the Dorne based characters that weren't mentioned will be cut out. There has to be more Greyjoy stuff. They went out of their way last season to write in a relatively meaningless storyline for Theon's sister (Asha/Yarra depending if you're reading the book or watching the show), so I imagine we'll be seeing more of her and that would have to involve more Iron Island characters. I can see Balon's TV character possibly being consolidated with 1 of his brothers for the show (similar to what they did with Loras Tyrell and Gendry).

Tyrion is obviously going to be a big part of the next season. I can't imagine it won't be a combination of both books 4 and 5 so he would have to be! And he's going to be surrounded by a lot of new characters as well as an old character from season 1 resurfacing for a bit (hopefully the same actor). So with that in mind, I'm quite certain that this compilation doesn't include everyone.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Playboy unveiled their "Sexy GRRM" costume...the bearded, overweight writer of the Ice and Fire series on which Game of Thrones is based. I can't think of any costume that has left me more confused than this one.

Not A Blog - Happy Halloween

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So im not really into watching anything non sports related but since the schools have 2 weeks off ive been forced into hibernation. I just saw the first episode of this show and its well done. For gamer fans its like Morrowind personified. Pretty well done so far. Digging it.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So im not really into watching anything non sports related but since the schools have 2 weeks off ive been forced into hibernation. I just saw the first episode of this show and its well done. For gamer fans its like Morrowind personified. Pretty well done so far. Digging it.

It'll reel you in. And by the end of Season 3... you'll be hooked. And by the end of Season 4...

Great show. They do the books justice.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll reel you in. And by the end of Season 3... you'll be hooked. And by the end of Season 4...

Great show. They do the books justice.

They did bump up the fehg too much.
Only complaint. Daenerys is frequently nekkid, which is good.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrion is a bad mo fo

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easily the best show I've ever seen. How many shows have this many main characters with this many important side characters? I'm only into the third book but as someone who has seen the show before reading the books I'm still thoroughly interested in reading the books.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the books and show compliment each other well. They each have their strengths and a few minor weaknesses. Some people get all worked up over some of the changes, and while I admit there are a few things I was hoping to see that I haven't (at least not yet and probably won't), I like what the show has done. Some things work better on TV and others work better in the books.

My advice to any new watcher of the show is to not get too hung up on who are supposed to be the good guys and who are supposed to be the bad guys. Also on this show the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend. There's a lot of information being thrown at you in the 1st season so if you start getting confused or asking yourself "who's that guy again?", it's well worth your time to start from the beginning again.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easily the best show I've ever seen. How many shows have this many main characters with this many important side characters? I'm only into the third book but as someone who has seen the show before reading the books I'm still thoroughly interested in reading the books.

Basically every HBO show lol

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting bit of trivia...the actress who plays Cersei in GoT, Lena Headey, played the role of Sarah Connor in the Terminator TV series.

The actress who plays Daenerys in GoT, Emilia Clarke, plays the role of Sarah Connor in the upcoming Terminator motion picture.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're great. Fills in a lot of blanks the TV show can't.

And - makes the show even better to watch.

Read them all myself.

Re-watching the entire series currently as HBO Canuckistan is replaying them all over the holidays.

My signature speaks for itself. a Tyrion Lannister gem...

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn all the chicks get banged on this show lol

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not want to watch this until after season 3 as it gives away a few spoilers but still funny nonetheless.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show. Pretty much the only reason I keep HBO. No way I could wait until the DVD's come out. I am too invested.

It is kind of a mixture of Lord of the Rings and The Sopranos.