• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night’s abortion of an episode, I don’t even want to see how they fuck up the rest of the season.

I’ll probably still watch it so that I can make fun of the dorks talking about how “epic” it is.

7C7B39C1-59B6-431F-BD7C-736CE6A8AB2F.jpeg

Here ya go Nancy. Maybe you should stick to reading books like this. You get to choose your own ending.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she is a master assassin thanks to all her training. Usually the point is you’re not supposed to hear them coming.

Then it was a real mistake for her to scream the entire time she was airborne and coming at him from behind.

Also, even if they're all deaf the wights or the other White Walkers would have noticed her running through that crowd that surrounded Bran and the Night King.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm a dork watched again. Lighting much better this time

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S8e3 was shit. Boring. No one important died. All of our heroes were morons. Predictable down to the very last minute.

Writing is terrible like last season.

I had my hopes up after the first two episodes this season, but they let me down again.

Yep.

Only ones happy about this are the half-witted fanboys.

Same thing happened when The Walking Dead jumped the shark - most people realized it had turned to shit, but the fucking dorks with Daryl bumper stickers still thought it was badass.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it again right now. Lighting does seem better, and I even have a light on.
Yeah god forbid you have any tv glare. An hour and a half of squinting to see the show...

Be sure to watch it in complete darkness. I just have to laugh at this point.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah god forbid you have any tv glare. An hour and a half of squinting to see the show...

Be sure to watch it in complete darkness. I just have to laugh at this point.
Huh?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything happened at night. Our only lighting was from dragon fire, swords, and an occasional torch.

It was difficult to see the action with lighting in the room where I viewed the show.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything happened at night. Our only lighting was from dragon fire, swords, and an occasional torch.

It was difficult to see the action with lighting in the room where I viewed the show.
I watched it in a dark room last night, and it was tough. I'm watching it on the same TV right now in a lit room, and the lighting on the TV seems better. Unless HBO fixed something, it makes no sense to me.

iesheepdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya killing the NK was epic

Strategically yelling as she flies through the air with the knife in one hand fully expecting the NK to turn and grab her so she could drop the knife to her other hand and stab the NK where he was weakest.

That is a true assassin. Hell, for a split second I thought oh shit, Arya’s dead.

It was entertaining to me, sorry some of you think otherwise.

Plus watching the lights go out on the Dothraki. Shit was real.

I guess I could complain about game plans and big chains north of the wall, but hell, I guess I don’t read into things when dragons are involved in the story and dead men are hunting living men.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya killing the NK was epic

Strategically yelling as she flies through the air with the knife in one hand fully expecting the NK to turn and grab her so she could drop the knife to her other hand and stab the NK where he was weakest.

That is a true assassin. Hell, for a split second I thought oh shit, Arya’s dead.

It was entertaining to me, sorry some of you think otherwise.

Plus watching the lights go out on the Dothraki. Shit was real.

I guess I could complain about game plans and big chains north of the wall, but hell, I guess I don’t read into things when dragons are involved in the story and dead men are hunting living men.
GOT released the 40 minute behind the scenes bonus today. There’s a part in there about Maisie's training that said she has trained since she was 11 left handed because Arya was a lefty in the books but is naturally right handed. Has become ambidextrous as a result and largely does her own stunts/fight choreo. That’s really badass.

iesheepdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOT released the 40 minute behind the scenes bonus today. There’s a part in there about Maisie's training that said she has trained since she was 11 left handed because Arya was a lefty in the books but is naturally right handed. Has become ambidextrous as a result and largely does her own stunts/fight choreo. That’s really badass.

I need to see that.

In the first scene with Syrio he throws the wooden practice sword at her. She tries to catch it with her left hand and misses. Got to wonder if that was in the script to show her progress or if it actually happened and they left it in there.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58778982_10156540426207807_7305856550088736768_n.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it in a dark room last night, and it was tough. I'm watching it on the same TV right now in a lit room, and the lighting on the TV seems better. Unless HBO fixed something, it makes no sense to me.

Maybe its not that you're watching with lighting now but that since you've already seen it once, you know what happens and are tracking the action better because of it. First time thru, your eyes are scanning everywhere just trying to pick up any and every detail you can. Every view after though, you know what to look for so you don't sense the same confusion. Could be a possibility. Just throwing it out there.

I never had any problem with the lighting being a reason I couldn't make out what was happening. The blurry camera work to give the appearance of fog of war confusion was a bit much though.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a badass, but she's not invisible. She had to run among and in front of several WWs in order to get to the NK.

I somewhat disagree.

Arya knows that courtyard area like the back of her hand... it's her home, whereas the WW's have never been there... she could have done it blind. Probably LOTS of places in that area for her to sneak about unseen. Stealth is her specialty, and it was at night.

Also, the battle was essentially over and in the mop-up stages. The WW's realized that all threats in the courtyard had already been eliminated. The WW's were already in 'grab a beer & popcorn mode' and watch as The Boss takes out Bran.

However.....

It made sense, up until the point the dumbass director had her yell while in mid-leap. That scene bothered me because of the stupid director having Maisie (Arya) yell in mid-leap...yelling is something Brienne would do in battle while dealing a crushing blow... yelling is something a highly trained assassin would NOT do in the midst of performing a stealthy backstab. That was cringe-worthy... shame on the director for having Arya yell mid-leap. Here is the scene:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see it, The Night King is Saruman, Cersei is and always has been Sauron.

GoT has always been more about the plotting for the Throne, no? The WW were there as a threat, but never really set up as the end game threat. They're even less fleshed out in the book (though that's partially due to GRRM being so far behind in getting his damn books out). TBF, I can see how people would think its the other way around. A lot of the promotional material for the show puts a lot of emphasis on the Walkers and Night King. And of course, some of the angst could have been taken care of if the fight against them wasn't wrapped up so quickly. It was basically a tidy one episode battle. If it had been even just a two episode ordeal that involved a battle, some kind of stalemate or retreat or some kind of event that causes a course correction and then it wrapped up (even the exact same way of Arya killing the NK), I think people could have swallowed that pill better. I'm not really bothered by it but even I admit that after the build up, it was wrapped up a bit too tidy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the show that subverted the genre and INVENTED killing off main characters, isn't killing off enough main characters...

Heh, I love people.

I haven't really thought this out but how many "main" characters or impactful deaths actually happen in major battles? We all theorized they'd off a bunch here but it seems like most of those types of character deaths happen in other ways where its more surprising. Like its been plotted out in a conniving way (Red Wedding, Joffrey's poisoning, the Night's Watch killing Jon). The "two sides line up in battle, characters die" hasn't really happened much. What I'm getting at is maybe we expecting deaths in the Battle of Winterfell was misplaced. We were always much more likely to get them as the final plotting for the Throne plays out