• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night’s abortion of an episode, I don’t even want to see how they fuck up the rest of the season.

I’ll probably still watch it so that I can make fun of the dorks talking about how “epic” it is.

Back alley abortion?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the show that subverted the genre and INVENTED killing off main characters, isn't killing off enough main characters...

Heh, I love people.

I’m pissed at what an ineffectual twat the Night King turned out to be.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think would happen if someone poured molten gold over her head?

She would survive it. There was lots of foreshadowing in Season 1 showing that she was resistant to things that were very hot and there was also foreshadowing that Viserys was not. They seemed to imply that some Targaryens inherited this trait while others did not.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defence, he DID take a minute of dragon fire.

Sure, but that just made the Valyrian steel stab to the gut death make no sense.

I get that we already know that Valyrian steel kills White Walkers, but the reason it works is because it's steel forged with dragon fire.

They already established the Night King can control the weather in some way. He could have put up some sort of frost shield or something and that wouldn't have caused this contradiction. But he just stood there and took it. Maybe that dragon fire burned that little slit in his armor just big enough for a the dagger to get through.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see it, The Night King is Saruman, Cersei is and always has been Sauron.

I can kind of understand people caring more about the Iron Throne than the Night King. I don't get this comparison at all. It's actually more like the exact opposite. The Night King is Sauron and Cersei is Saruman during the Scouring of the Shire.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S8e3 was shit. Boring. No one important died. All of our heroes were morons. Predictable down to the very last minute.

Writing is terrible like last season.

I had my hopes up after the first two episodes this season, but they let me down again.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...with three episodes remaining, will we see again...

Meera Reed
Lord Reed
Quaith
Sweet Robyn
Daario
Jaqen Hghar

Salladhor Saan is still out there pirating somewhere too. Hasn't been seen since Season 4 so I doubt we see him.

Hot Pie could make an appearance as they travel through the Riverlands.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck die, he didn’t even fight.

Got his ass waxed in the first battle. By a fucking girl.

He turned out to be a bigger pussy than you.

It wasn't even that it was Arya. It was that she ran straight up from behind him right through a crowd of wights and his bros and none of them did shit.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't even that it was Arya. It was that she ran straight up from behind him right through a crowd of wights and his bros and none of them did shit.
Would have been cooler if she was wearing brans face. Too bad writing sucks.

I did have it slightly wrong though. I expected her to throw the dagger since the moment she flashed it last episode. But the writers made it even worse.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been cooler if she was wearing brans face. Too bad writing sucks.

I did have it slightly wrong though. I expected her to throw the dagger since the moment she flashed it last episode. But the writers made it even worse.

I thought Bran was going to Warg a dragon.

When that was obviously not happening I also thought that Arya was actually disguised as Bran in the chair. Of course I realized pretty quickly that made no sense given how the episode played out. They might have been able to work that in if they changed some stuff.

You're right about the dagger too. They show her throwing those dragonglass daggers with really tight precision and practicing shooting with a bow. But she just decides to run straight at him from behind and then jump up and yell before she jumps in the air. Da fuq.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bran was going to Warg a dragon.

When that was obviously not happening I also thought that Arya was actually disguised as Bran in the chair. Of course I realized pretty quickly that made no sense given how the episode played out. They might have been able to work that in if they changed some stuff.

You're right about the dagger too. They show her throwing those dragonglass daggers with really tight precision and practicing shooting with a bow. But she just decides to run straight at him from behind and then jump up and yell before she jumps in the air. Da fuq.
Seems like most fans have better imaginations. It's mind boggling.

Someone up top is obviously calling the shots without being challenged.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the show that subverted the genre and INVENTED killing off main characters, isn't killing off enough main characters...

Heh, I love people.

Even if we accept that all of the main characters have plot armor now for some reason, where is the plot subversion now? Part of what made this show great was that until Ramsey, you didn't have anyone both powerful and purely evil. Joffrey was evil and was murdered in his teens before he could really use his power (Tywin was the actual person in charge of the seven kingdoms during Joffrey's reign). The mountain was evil, but he's just a pawn. Tywin was the main adversary, and he was ruthless, but he wasn't a purely evil character.

Now the night king is basically acomic book villain who just wants to destroy the world because reasons. Last night was as generic "good" vs "evil" as it gets, complete with the bad guys having a single point of failure that they for some reason expose, and a last second save by the good guys.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well she is a master assassin thanks to all her training. Usually the point is you’re not supposed to hear them coming.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck die, he didn’t even fight.

Got his ass waxed in the first battle. By a fucking girl.

He turned out to be a bigger pussy than you.

That ending was so awesome, I’m watching it again. The whole time thinking about the tiny little crocodile tears streaming down your face.

Damn Arya is a badass.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she is a master assassin thanks to all her training. Usually the point is you’re not supposed to hear them coming.

She's a badass, but she's not invisible. She had to run among and in front of several WWs in order to get to the NK.