• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Strong Belwas, Patchface, or Lady Stoneheart on the throne.

Or perhaps Dany executes Tyrion, Bran worgs the dragon to death, Dany has a jello fight with Sansa, and Arya slips in to kill Dany. Jon heads north to rebuild the wall and restarts the Nights watch. Just when we think Sansa will be Queen, the iron bank arrives and rules the 7 kingdoms. Bronn lives out his days fat and happy in Highgarden.
I got Bronn right at least...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where it sticks for me. How do they get rid of rulers back then other than killing the current ruler. Jon had the right to that throne and took the persons life who stole it, like Dany killed Cersei. The only thing that may have made the meeting in the shade worse was them bringing Jon out and all of them denying they knew about his right to the throne, including the Broken king. I really did not know why half of them were out there

He didn't want the Throne regardless of his right. He killed sweet sexy little Dany because her rule would not be good for the Kingdom and the North as a tyrant. Obviously he bent over backwards to justify her rule given the nature of the times but he couldn't justify it and so it..

images

Daenerys-Targaryen-Season-4-daenerys-targaryen-37215658-2832-4256.jpg

What a waste of pulchritude. :(

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article detailing how everyone ended up and it wasn't near as bad as some are complaining.

in retrospect the end wasn't that bad.
We may bitch and moan but the end could have been a lot, lot worse.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article detailing how everyone ended up and it wasn't near as bad as some are complaining.

Watching it live, I thought it was kind of anticlimactic and disappointing, but I feel better about it as I think about it more.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A massive complex show running 8 seasons was ALWAYS going to have some loose ends and things aren't always going to be what you want.

But ultimately I think a big part of the problem is that the show didn't have books to fill in the blanks for season 7 and 8 and fans got pissed about that.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the end was bad. My only real non-trivial complaint is their handling of Dany's story arch. It made no sense and it was dishonest. And that's a BIG fuck up IMHO. It almost ruins everything else.

That being said it's the ending that we have. This is Martin's fault. That lazy fat hobbit can fucking die.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not clear on what the benefits to the North being independent are, aside from Sansa getting to call herself queen. It made sense to want independence when The Lannisters controlled the Crown and when it was looking like Daenerys would, but now that one of their own is king?

Also Sansa talks about how they fought for their independence, but who did they fight and defeat to become independent? They were fighting for independence (among other things) in The War of the 5 Kings, but they lost. Then they fought a civil war against the Boltons but that was to retake control of the North from another Northern house. Then they fought and defeated the White Walkers which of course had nothing to do with Northern independence.

They had 3 strong woman leads. One just got a knife through the heart, the other a building fell on her like the witch of the east. The story lines of the show pretty much insured those 2 had to go. I don't think they had much of a choice.

But making Sansa Queen ...the show wanted a clear victory for one of their women leads. Even though there was no real reason for it.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 3 strong woman leads. One just got a knife through the heart, the other a building fell on her like the witch of the east. The story lines of the show pretty much insured those 2 had to go. I don't think they had much of a choice.

But making Sansa Queen ...the show wanted a clear victory for one of their women leads. Even though there was no real reason for it.

The show? Aren't the odds fairly good that's how it will happen in the books, too?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, never read them.

But I believe the books don't go as far as the show.
The writer has told the show runners how he plans on finishing the books. So, while it's not a guarantee, I would guess the books will end with Sansa as queen of the North.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the end was bad. My only real non-trivial complaint is their handling of Dany's story arch. It made no sense and it was dishonest. And that's a BIG fuck up IMHO. It almost ruins everything else.

That being said it's the ending that we have. This is Martin's fault. That lazy fat hobbit can fucking die.

LOL. A good number of people think the storylines went downhill after they went past his books.

I would say the Daneryus story line was my favorite. (Arya 2nd) Having her as a good and righteous Queen could have been an reasonable ending but it's not a surprise it didn't end that way.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It apparently is, but no idea why
well, they came once, I am not sure if anyone knows where they came from or why they started, just that when they do return, they will be coming from that direction.

The no wife, no girls allowed, then having the place full of women and children though. He had to leave there to get laid and protect women and children?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He better fucking not. I want the real fleshed out story.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show? Aren't the odds fairly good that's how it will happen in the books, too?
I think broadly, yes.

But Martin will do a better job of showing the journey than D&D did.

It was a huge leap from Dany burning evil people and enemies, to burning half a million innocent city dwellers. I expect it to still happen, but I want to see the long path Martin takes to get her there that we didn't get in the shortened show.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't want the Throne regardless of his right. He killed sweet sexy little Dany because her rule would not be good for the Kingdom and the North as a tyrant. Obviously he bent over backwards to justify her rule given the nature of the times but he couldn't justify it and so it..

Apparently neither did any of his "sisters" or best friend since they could have said something right then and there. The broken one only made the trip so he would be king, well, he had the spoilers and knew everyone did what they did so he can get the crown.

I would have at least thought it would have kept him out of prison.

Apparently they retained the grey worm as master of war when he was really the only one who wanted Jon killed?