• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the successful battle strategy. Keep the plains cavalry inside the gates where they would have no mobility?

If the plan was to draw in the NK, obviously we need to throw all of our troops straight into the AoD?

Admittedly, I am no General, but I'm thinking maybe if the plan were to draw one man in, and his forces were RIDICULOUSLY superior in numbers, perhaps I would hide a large number of my troops for another day?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you would think that Queen Dany would have at least two armed guards with her at all times. I think the Mountain, who counts for like 10 men, was always with Cersei any time she was outside her private quarters.

That would make waaay too much sense. She’s walking around a partly destroyed castle full of places where people can hide, so the smartest course of action is to walk around all by herself.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drogon melting the iron throne was one of my favorite scenes in the history of the show.

Dragons might be smarter than most humans involved in the Game. And by "might", I mean definitely.
They are supposed to be very smart from what I remember in the books.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the plan was to draw in the NK, obviously we need to throw all of our troops straight into the AoD?

Admittedly, I am no General, but I'm thinking maybe if the plan were to draw one man in, and his forces were RIDICULOUSLY superior in numbers, perhaps I would hide a large number of my troops for another day?

There may be any number of better strategies. But we still need them to forward the story. A huge pitched battle is better television than constant perimeter attacks that try to the undead into easy to kill places.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wade through the 300+ posts tonight...just one question: When Grey Worm told Tyrion to shut the fuck up NOW, why didn't he just slice the little bitch's head off when he kept on jabbering?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question. After an awful final season full of plot holes and one of the most dissatisfying endings of all time, how much or if at all do you ding your overall evaluation of the show on a scale of 1-10?

Meaning if you previously had it at a 9 or 10, how far if at all would this final season/episode impact your evaluation?
If I have to include seasons 7 & 8, the series drops from a 10 to an 8.

Seasons 1 - 4 are some of the finest television ever made. Season 5 was also very good. Season 6 drops off, but not enough to affect the overall 10.

Seasons 7 & 8 were an abomination. They drag the thing down from a 10 to an 8.

Last edited:

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wade through the 300+ posts tonight...just one question: When Grey Worm told Tyrion to shut the fuck up NOW, why didn't he just slice the little bitch's head off when he kept on jabbering?
He was there to represent one of the powerful families. Grey Worm was out ranked.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons 1 - 4 are some of the finest television ever made. Season 5 was also very good. Season 6 drops off, but enough to affect the overall 10.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! :)

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be any number of better strategies. But we still need them to forward the story. A huge pitched battle is better television than constant perimeter attacks that try to the undead into easy to kill places.

Was responding to your question of what better strategies there may have been. Bit of a pivot there, eh?

Thought we were talking militarily, not in terms of television viewership... In that case, Im thinking a few hundred LAW rockets and 4 or 5 Sherman Tanks? Ooooo, and flares! GOTTA have flares! ;)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much spot on other than maybe 3 and 4.

fQqKFNG.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the North declares independence and everyone is cool with it and Dorne and the Iron Isles don't try for the same thing? Both of them hate being a part of the 6ish kingdoms just as much as the north.

My guess. Because both Dorne or the Iron Islands had acquiesced to the Dragon Queens kingdom in advance. Harder to back out now? Also, neither saved the 6 other kingdoms against the white's, aside from those Iron Island guys with Bran at the tree, least that I'm aware of. Seemed like the other 6 kingdoms owed the North something. It was confusing to me Bran on the throne being from the North and yet not allowed to be their king? That's was a weird dynamic, especially since he was the last living male heir. Also, somehow got the feeling, Jon wasn't coming back to the wall, but who knows.

I saw a pretty good explanation from someone about this in a discussion elsewhere. The Iron Islands didn't declare independence because they likely can't survive independently. The wars over the course of the show basically wrecked the Iron Fleet and of course Euron fucked a lot of shit up too. Basically, its more financially viable for them to stay in the Kingdom and get the benefits and resources than it is to try to make a go of it alone.

As for Dorne? Eh. Who really cares. It's Dorne. The show never did anything with them and all we even know is they have a nameless Prince as leader. Would we really want time spent talking about Dornish independence from people we never really spent much time with at all? If there had to be a reason I guess you could maybe claim that since the Lannisters basically died out (with the exception of Tyrion) as well as there being no more Targs, Dorne no longer had such a big beef anymore so they were willing to give this new order a shot.