• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things...the love story, distaste at kin slaying and him being torn between love, duty and honor. I doubt she saw it coming otherwise she wouldn't have warmed up as quickly.

I thought that scene was fantastic personally. With the dragon carrying her away.

I can't think of a more fitting way for her to die.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She always had a fierce, violent streak in her whether it was being Tagarian or living as a Dothraki. But she seemed to make a determined effort for so long to be more than just that.
she had that in her, but it was always about fighting for the disenfranchised.

hell, jon correctly stated she would never do what she did when he first met her.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the thing is, at least for me, in her speech to the Dothraki and Unsullied in last night's episode, she seemed to think what she did to King's Landing was in keeping with what she'd done before. It's part of why I liked what Tyrion said as much as I did. When it was the slave masters in Astapor, it's hard not to cheer. What if, instead of just sticking with the slave masters, she'd decided it wasn't just those in charge of the system who needed to die, but all who participated in it? To me, that's the leap she made with King's Landing, and she appeared to think it perfectly justified.

Oh Sure. That was as clear a warning bell as the writers could create. For better or worse it was all over after episode 5.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn’t GREYWORM kill JON on the spot?
His love dies, he slaughters a city.
Jon just tries to mitigate on behalf of the lives of Lannister prisoners, GREYWORM threatens his life and the lives of his men.
His queen gets assassinated, and he puts Jon in a cell?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say, it makes me feel better knowing drogon and nymeria are eventually team up and destroy all of westeros.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several things...the love story, distaste at kin slaying and him being torn between love, duty and honor. I doubt she saw it coming otherwise she wouldn't have warmed up as quickly.
Her seeing it coming from him was just half of the equation. She was so angered and scorned by his rejection just hours ago that she became the Mad Queen. And did so in defiance of Jon's wishes. To believe that her head was now suddenly in the clouds, feeling lovey dovey, with her guard totally down is just preposterous.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question. After an awful final season full of plot holes and one of the most dissatisfying endings of all time, how much or if at all do you ding your overall evaluation of the show on a scale of 1-10?

Meaning if you previously had it at a 9 or 10, how far if at all would this final season/episode impact your evaluation?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So serious question. After an awful final season full of plot holes and one of the most dissatisfying endings of all time, how much or if at all do you ding your overall evaluation of the show on a scale of 1-10?

Meaning if you previously had it at a 9 or 10, how far if at all would this final season/episode impact your evaluation?
i mean, it was still visually great. while it didn't stick the landing, it was still gripping for 85% of its run. reminds me of a typical stephen king novel, great buildup with weak endings. i guess endings are hard. *shrugs*

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO always produces a lot of great shows and normally has a lot of good movies to choose from. I think they probably put out the best content out of all the various networks/streaming services.

I like Westworld a lot if you haven't watched that.
Good call on Westworld. Forgot about that.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the direction the show went the last 3 episodes, but the show has been so great it may have just been impossible to meet expectations. I don't get Dany turning into someone who would murder thousands of innocent people. Didn't like that Arya didn't kill Cersei and then didn't kill Dany. Didn't get the story arc for Jon who was the obvious choice to be king. Love the show but that was a bogey to me
Winner winner chicken dinner. Jumping character with Dany... after that the show really couldn’t be saved. The ended it the only way they could after that colossal failure.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, it was still visually great. while it didn't stick the landing, it was still gripping for 85% of its run. reminds me of a typical stephen king novel, great buildup with weak endings. i guess endings are hard. *shrugs*
Went from a 10 to an 8 for me personally. Just my 2 cents. If you can’t close things out properly it ruins it in my eyes. That is why as huge of a Dexter fan as I was, I don’t think I will ever rewatch it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went from a 10 to an 8 for me personally. Just my 2 cents. If you can’t close things out properly it ruins it in my eyes. That is why as huge of a Dexter fan as I was, I don’t think I will ever rewatch it.
i guess i don't see that as a huge dropoff and still a great overall score. dexter slowly got worse after season 4. i liked lumen and yvette, but fuck that colin hanks season was trash, let alone the final ending.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd give breaking bad a 10. That's it for a ten

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so they had to throw the entirety of the Dothraki at the AoD in a suicidal head on charge to make it look like they were trying?

What was the successful battle strategy. Keep the plains cavalry inside the gates where they would have no mobility?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the successful battle strategy. Keep the plains cavalry inside the gates where they would have no mobility?
i guess it would help if you know what you're charging at, as far as battle strategy goes.

on the otherside of things, dude had an ice dragon and never used it?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole episode stunk, but if I were to dissect it, this was one of my biggest issues. The last time Dani saw Jon, she was so pissed at him that she became the Mad Queen. And in the aftermath of her destruction, she knows that he's the only true threat to her rule. There is no way Jon would have that kind of free, unfettered access to her with no guards around. And there's no way she would have whimsically gotten so close to him after he had just rejected her a few hours ago.

Yeah, you would think that Queen Dany would have at least two armed guards with her at all times. I think the Mountain, who counts for like 10 men, was always with Cersei any time she was outside her private quarters.