• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I made fun of your precious show, fanboy.

Tell me, how many GoT bumper stickers are on your shitmobile?

It's your incessant whining that's the issue dumbass. At least you still have:

e5f7568e-78e7-4c4b-854d-177ad699542c-large16x9_BRONY6.png

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's your incessant whining that's the issue dumbass. At least you still have:

e5f7568e-78e7-4c4b-854d-177ad699542c-large16x9_BRONY6.png

It's a thread for discussing the show, and that's what I'm doing. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. Maybe the internets isn't such a great place for you.

Sunday's episode sucked balls on multiple levels. From the writing to the production and most points in between were crap.

Now go be a fag somewhere else.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a thread for discussing the show, and that's what I'm doing. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. Maybe the internets isn't such a great place for you.

Sunday's episode sucked balls on multiple levels. From the writing to the production and most points in between were crap.

Now go be a fag somewhere else.

702000-3-ginormous-rainbow-slinky.jpg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that just made the Valyrian steel stab to the gut death make no sense.

I get that we already know that Valyrian steel kills White Walkers, but the reason it works is because it's steel forged with dragon fire.

They already established the Night King can control the weather in some way. He could have put up some sort of frost shield or something and that wouldn't have caused this contradiction. But he just stood there and took it. Maybe that dragon fire burned that little slit in his armor just big enough for a the dagger to get through.

I don't remember ever reading specifically that Valryian steel being forged with Dragonfire, in fact that doesn't make sense, because Poppa Lannister had a smith sent over to melt down Ned Stark's blade to make the 2 smaller swords, and they certainly didn't have a dragon.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Only ones happy about this are the half-witted fanboys.

Same thing happened when The Walking Dead jumped the shark - most people realized it had turned to shit, but the fucking dorks with Daryl bumper stickers still thought it was badass.

So how come it takes you so long to arrive at the 'this show is shit!' conclusion?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Slinky...

they-say-whine-to-much-i-doittoget-attention-com-17615381.png

Fantastic. You should be a writer for GoT.

Sooooo... If you don't have anything to add about how Sunday's episode stunk like your special lady friend's fetid pussy, I figure we're done here.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we accept that all of the main characters have plot armor now for some reason, where is the plot subversion now? Part of what made this show great was that until Ramsey, you didn't have anyone both powerful and purely evil. Joffrey was evil and was murdered in his teens before he could really use his power (Tywin was the actual person in charge of the seven kingdoms during Joffrey's reign). The mountain was evil, but he's just a pawn. Tywin was the main adversary, and he was ruthless, but he wasn't a purely evil character.

Now the night king is basically acomic book villain who just wants to destroy the world because reasons. Last night was as generic "good" vs "evil" as it gets, complete with the bad guys having a single point of failure that they for some reason expose, and a last second save by the good guys.

It's STILL a fucking fantasy story. Subverting the tropes doesn't mean abandoning the tropes. Look, I'm all for shades of grey 'gritty' fantasy. I've repeatedly done my bit to steer people away from the usual Terry Brooks yawner stuff, towards the Abercrombie/Morgan types of stories. But even those books with their anti-hero heroes, STILL have a foundation of good vs evil. Page one of book one of the book series ASOIAF, starts with rangers beyond the wall being killed by walkers.

It's pretty simple, to subvert the trope, you still have to be swimming in the trope pool. Jamie Lannister only gets his redemptive character arc, if we fundamentally believe that characters can/should be GOOD.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really thought this out but how many "main" characters or impactful deaths actually happen in major battles? We all theorized they'd off a bunch here but it seems like most of those types of character deaths happen in other ways where its more surprising. Like its been plotted out in a conniving way (Red Wedding, Joffrey's poisoning, the Night's Watch killing Jon). The "two sides line up in battle, characters die" hasn't really happened much. What I'm getting at is maybe we expecting deaths in the Battle of Winterfell was misplaced. We were always much more likely to get them as the final plotting for the Throne plays out

I fully expect at least one of the main characters that lived through Winterfell to die in the next three episodes.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, you're not slow. You're just the biggest butthurt fanboy in the thread.

Maybe the butthurt is why you had a watery shit this morning.

More likely the bourbon.

I just don't understand how anyone who has enjoyed the series can be anything but disappointed with that episode. So much build up and ultimately the writing sucked, the Night King's demise was a joke, and the cinematography was so shitty, I couldn't even tell if the acting sucked or not.

Fuckers could have at least given us one final shot of the Red Witch's young tiddies.