• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the cinematography was so shitty,

Heh. I guess this is why people can't even agree if the fucking world is round these days.

WTF are you talking about? How in any objective sense can you say that the cinematography was shitty?

Lemme guess, you were one of those people who doesn't know how to change the black level of your TV?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless, this was actually genius. Playing chess while others play checkers.

The North and humanity could not have been saved without Dany. What better way to get Dany than to convince her of solidarity with King's Landing.

He believed his sister and Sansa summed it up pretty well when they got to Winterfell and she told him he was pretty dumb for so smart a man. He misjudged that one. Cersi was on the ropes and wouldn't have been able to stand up to the dragons after her largest army just got wiped out. They could have taken Kings Landing with little resistance and then marched north.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the fact they will mostly die in the last two is so they get their money worth out of their contracts

This is likely the main reason for the shorter seasons

They didn't skimp on budget either, they shot ep#3 for over FIFTY nights in a row. That's blockbuster film, producers lose their shit shooting levels. FOR ONE EPISODE OF A TV SHOW.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the show is full of 'smart' characters who do dumb shit that gets them killed.

Tyrion isn't perfectly all-knowing.

Boo fucking hoo.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I guess this is why people can't even agree if the fucking world is round these days.

WTF are you talking about? How in any objective sense can you say that the cinematography was shitty?

Lemme guess, you were one of those people who doesn't know how to change the black level of your TV?
Hey, I did. I knew about the darkness issue before the episode, and I adjusted my TV to overcompensate, and I still had a hard time.

My room was very dark, and I have a 65" LG OLED C8. Not professionally calibrated, but I think I did a good job with it. I wasn't streaming either, I was on the DirecTV broadcast.

I could have maxed out all the levels, but why should I have to? It should be clearly visible under normal calibration.

The cinematography itself was good, but they made a style choice to make things dark and difficult to follow.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a hard time following at all. On my shitty 43" 720 Samsung.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it's not shitty cinematography, you just have to change your TV settings so you can see what the fuck is happening.

I can't even believe I just read that.

"the cinematography is fucking excellent as long as you tune your TV to that specific episode."

Dios mio.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have maxed out all the levels, but why should I have to? It should be clearly visible under normal calibration.

Sorry, dude. If you're not re-tuning your TV's levels for every program you watch, you're just not sophisticated enough to understand.

-chf

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not shitty cinematography, you just have to change your TV settings so you can see what the fuck is happening.

I can't even believe I just read that.

"the cinematography is fucking excellent as long as you tune your TV to that specific episode."

Dios mio.

Like I say, I could follow along fine. I'm making an assumption that a cinephile like yourself could up your black levels.

And just so we're clear, there IS more to cinematography than color-grading, yes? Perhaps I'm giving someone with your wit too much credit here.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a hard time following at all. On my shitty 43" 720 Samsung.
I dunno what to say man. But there has been widespread consternation about the visibility of this episode.

Can you remember another time when people complained so widely about a broadcast like this? I thought I did everything right to be able to watch this, and it was a chore.

I shouldn't have to wash out the screen like I'm trying to cheese my way through a survival horror game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude. If you're not re-tuning your TV's levels for every program you watch, you're just not sophisticated enough to understand.

-chf

I didn't have to tune in my shitty eight year old out of date 720 TV to see just fine...

-chf

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what to say man. But there has been widespread consternation about the visibility of this episode.

Can you remember another time when people complained so widely about a broadcast like this? I thought I did everything right to be able to watch this, and it was a chore.

I shouldn't have to wash out the screen like I'm trying to cheese my way through a survival horror game.

Different strokes I guess. I thought for a TV show the cinematography was out fucking standing. Some of those shots of the dragons up high were fucking art. Good enough to hang on the wall as stills.

Now to be clear, it was a night-time battle, shot as they've shot ALL the battles thus far, with the camera put right in the middle of the action, to give you the 'I was there,' feeling. I don't think you were supposed to see the action like it was day, it was night AND there was fog rolling around.

But it wasn't like it was a Jason Bourne movie, and I couldn't tell who was hitting whom. I could see what I needed to see to follow along.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world is totally flat if you drop the V-hold settings on your television.

The UN will come to your house and shoot you if you adjust the H hold. It is known.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway gents I'll have to bow out for a while got noon headlines to cut.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different strokes I guess. I thought for a TV show the cinematography was out fucking standing. Some of those shots of the dragons up high were fucking art. Good enough to hang on the wall as stills.

Now to be clear, it was a night-time battle, shot as they've shot ALL the battles thus far, with the camera put right in the middle of the action, to give you the 'I was there,' feeling. I don't think you were supposed to see the action like it was day, it was night AND there was fog rolling around.

But it wasn't like it was a Jason Bourne movie, and I couldn't tell who was hitting whom. I could see what I needed to see to follow along.
Absolutely. This is ART

0v5agibp0ev21.jpg

But I didn't see this last night.

I wish they would have given us some additional lighting sources (pyres in the open field), or start the battle shortly before dawn. I feel like I missed so much that I should have seen.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what does Jaime do now? He defended humanity against the WW...does he head back to Kings Landing now and help Cersei or does he hang out with his new friends? He has not bent a knee to anyone but Cersei, right?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. This is ART

0v5agibp0ev21.jpg

But I didn't see this last night.

I wish they would have given us some additional lighting sources (pyres in the open field), or start the battle shortly before dawn. I feel like I missed so much that I should have seen.

I kinda' feel bad for you Belt, because I COULD see that on my TV. The sweep and scope of it was part of what made it great. The people I work with here who I've talked to about the episode, nobody mentioned that they couldn't see it.

Possible your cable provider had something switched wrong?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what does Jaime do now? He defended humanity against the WW...does he head back to Kings Landing now and help Cersei or does he hang out with his new friends? He has not bent a knee to anyone but Cersei, right?
If he's not firmly against Cersei right now after being in that battle, that she wouldn't help with, he will be after Bronn tells him how she paid him to kill her brothers.