• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good episode but not seven seasons of build up good.

Honestly I think the snow was purposefully done to reduce production costs now that I think of it.

I think so too. It was a good episode but not nearly as good as it could have been for us viewers..

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the criticism is a bit harsh but I do agree they went a little fan fiction with that episode. Jorah was the big death but we had already figured he was toast with the greyscale.

I'm just mostly surprised to see the WW storyline wrapped up so quickly. And yes I was holding out hope we'd never see Jon jackass up another battle. I understand having the dragons chase each other around for cinematic effect even though they gave up the only advantage they had. Obviously any decent general leads with the unsullied and flanks with the Dothraki and has the dragons and the catapults do their thing from afar.

But then we don't get the cool flame sword scene and Grey Worm pretty much giving up on his whole group.

But yeah now we are three episodes left and kind of have a feeling of "now what" after all the build up.

Taking care of Cersi, the queen bitch, should be satisfying. Except for the remaining dragons, Cersi's army is completely wrecked. Few Dotraki and unsullied remain.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was literally the worst thing I've ever watched. If I didn't have 20 years invested in thus series, or if I thought it was even a possibility that Martin would ever finish the books I would have turned my TV off and never looked back.

60% of that episode was a big blurry grey screen, with areas if darker black, and then some small orange flames in a corner. Couldn't see shit.

Another 35% was a bright orange fire in the middle of the screen, and the various colored blurs were shades of brown instead of grey.

About 5% of the time they would close up to somebody familiars face, but apparently after spending all of their money on extras, they only had enough money left to afford cameramen who had Parkinson's. Plus it was cold where they were filming, and they couldn't afford gloves for those shivering cameramen. Who coincidentally were all alcoholics going through detox shakes. Plus I think they might have even been having a seizure too. I've never seen a camera shake that much.

I always thought there was supposed to be one white dragon, one green one, and one black one. But apparently it's easier to make them all just a dark grey. When they're all flying around and fighting each other I had exactly 0 idea what was happening.

They built some fucking catapults and shot exactly one ball each.

Ser Jorah saved some of that teleporting magic from last season. Lead the charge of Dothraki, but somehow be the only survivor? Exactly where Dany fell off her dragon within 13 seconds.

Red woman came back mostly just to light the Dothraki swords on fire. Thanks, that made a huge difference. I guess she did light the 6 foot trench on fire. Brought a whole army of the dead to a stop. Until they learned to make a bridge with their bodies for others to cross. Boy it's a good thing zombies don't burn, otherwise that would have been a really really stupid solution.

Arya goes water dancer with her spear thingy and kills like 30 zombies in 30 seconds. Then she gets a bump on the head and decides to play hide and seek with the 7 zombies in the quiet deserted part of the castle that's in the middle of a battle. She gets bored playing hide and seek so decides to play tag and run away from zombies full speed through a deserted castle.

Thoros of Myr gets pulled down by zombies at least 3-4 different times while body blocking for Arya. He still gets up and staggers into the room before any zombies get to the door. (Writing this it doesn't seem as stupid as a lot of other stuff, but I remember it being ridiculous when it happened.)

Sam the Slayer was like "No! I'm not going down with the midget and girls, I'm gonna fight." Then he gave away his Valyrean Steel Sword. And as soon as the dead show up he just runs away screaming.

Dumbest of all is that DRAGONglass can kill white walkers and their zombies. Something about it having the power of dragon fire or w/e. Valyrean Steel can also kill them, because its magic from Valyria (where the Dragons and Targareans come from) some even believe it was forged in dragon fire. But an actual dragons fire doesn't do shit?

Theres probably more that I would have thought was dumb, but like I said, I couldn't see more than half of the episode.
Come on man, lol

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird the only WW to die was the NK.

NK kills one dude.
WW lieutenants killed.... no one???
Their only job was to protect the NK and they forgot their ninja detectors.

These guys were basically taking long 2s the entire battle....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't what a lot of people were wanting/expecting, but it's exactly what Bran told us. The NK wanted an endless night. Lure him in the open, and kill him.

I'm also ok with this story line being over. I'd like to know a little more backstory, but we're kind of past backstory time, anyway. The show is called Game of Thrones, not Fight Against the Endless Night. It's time to resolve the game.

This is ultimately my feeling as well. It was rather anti climactic, considering all the buildup. Then again.....with all that buildup, heavily laid on in what exists in the books (and then ending without further enlightening from the pen that created it) what was the best way to resolve this? It was a tough predicament no matter what.

Ultimately this unstoppable force only had one out....knowing the plan the NK had and exploiting it. Any other conventional way of beating this unstoppable force was going to go over much worse than last nights episode did.

Bran told us a huge reason why the NK was coming there, and not flanking Winterfell and going straight to Kings Landing. We just all chose to see that as a horrible plot point, or a red herring.

Reactions: gob

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hound deal goes back to how he got his scar. That's at least the second time that's happened.

I found the Hound faltering to not be such a bad thing. It’s fitting with his characters flaws. It wasn’t all the fire that chased him back, it was the despondency.

He was victimized as a very young boy. While he overcame it all greatly to become a force of a man, that experience can leave one more ready to quit in the face of resistance. His words said it “fuck off, they can’t be beat”.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ultimately my feeling as well. It was rather anti climactic, considering all the buildup. Then again.....with all that buildup, heavily laid on in what exists in the books (and then ending without further enlightening from the pen that created it) what was the best way to resolve this? It was a tough predicament no matter what.

Ultimately this unstoppable force only had one out....knowing the plan the NK had and exploiting it. Any other conventional way of beating this unstoppable force was going to go over much worse than last nights episode did.

Bran told us a huge reason why the NK was coming there, and not flanking Winterfell and going straight to Kings Landing. We just all chose to see that as a horrible plot point, or a red herring.

I think most would've preferred to see less of a massive battle then and more a chessmatch to lure NK out in the open.

Like I said I get leaving the dragons back for defense means we don't get the CGI dragon battle but If you're plan is "branbait" then roll with it.

Or perhaps if we had not already saw Jon run recklessly into battle it would be more pallatable.

Still a very good episode just not quite as epic as expected.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the NK moved in on Bran I did have a feeling this guys going to win. It was creeping on me. It made Arya popping in (and even the super quick dispatching) more impactful.

I know that response isn’t one everyone had, and maybe that leads to the lack of satisfaction. But, for me, they did a good job of setting up and “all is lost” moment, only to replace it with a “snatching victory from the jaws of defeat” moment.

And with how formidable the AoD was laid out for 7 years (and all of this episode) this was the only way it was happening.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And finally RIP to my man Theon

D450QR4XoAAWybW.jpg:large

lmao :hail:

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more for some of us that we just wanted to know more on why he was doing it.

Maybe the lore holds true some. He was a king all about power like the rest. To do that he needed to have winter last forever. To have that he needed no 3ER.

They glossed over that too much. Maybe one have felt better to just have the NK somehow communicate it. Without that it really makes the quick dispatching (as bad ass as it was from Arya) even less fulfilling.
He was literally created to wipe out humans by the children of the forest. It seems like that's largely what he wanted to do.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Drogon got pin cushioned quite a bit by Dany falling asleep at the wheel there, but pretty sure he escaped.
And I thought his scales were supposed to withstand that kind of hit but he was getting stabbed like crazy. Also, Dany was an idiot for letting that happen.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a fun battle scene.

i am seriously disappointed with the NK dying in that manner. much like others said, the NK and WW's didn't do a thing during this battle. if it wasn't for the wights, this would have been one very disappointing fight. having the NK go out with so little fight is sad and completely out of character for the most evil thing ever created. a rabid dog would have been more exciting.

i've stated in the past, i wanted a lot more out of the NK. something more than just wiping out humans. what i got was much worse. he wasn't even good at wiping out humans. he couldn't get past the first castle. with the NK gone, ive lost some of the excitement.

but the wights made the battle exciting with their numbers and the graphics are some of the best ever for tv.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered if I was the only one... because I had the lights dimmed in my den and had no problem with the scenes everyone is bitching about either.

other than i got confused with which dragon was doing what. the colors of the dragons were too grey'd out. and i had to read here to find out if both of the remaining dragons were alive. I think the concensus is both are. but where did the one jon was riding end up?

other than that, yeah, we had no lights on for the entire show and it was typical for a night battle. welcome the night.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the Hound faltering to not be such a bad thing. It’s fitting with his characters flaws. It wasn’t all the fire that chased him back, it was the despondency.

He was victimized as a very young boy. While he overcame it all greatly to become a force of a man, that experience can leave one more ready to quit in the face of resistance. His words said it “fuck off, they can’t be beat”.

Which should feed his rage when the “Battle Of The Cleganes” finally takes place.