• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t please everyone I guess. I enjoyed it. Guess maybe all you movie writing geniuses should have sent in all your cool ideas to these writers who know nothing about the show....books...characters. I for one, will be sleeping great tonight. Knowing I watched a fantastic episode. Can’t wait until next week.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good episode but not seven seasons of build up good.

Honestly I think the snow was purposefully done to reduce production costs now that I think of it.
Wasn't as good as Hardhome nor B of the B.

Still, it was AWESOME.

Black Widow, Fat Fucking Thor, Tony Stark, House Mormont....

I've had a shit weekend.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an entire episode that was highly advertised, very expensive, and a very lengthy battle. Did you want him to get slowly tortured to death or what?

You don't think that there was 7 seasons of intrigue built up as to who the hell they were and what the hell they wanted only to have Arya wipe out the entire army with a little dagger?

I mean seriously, all you have to do is look at posts in this thread from the last week to see all the intrigue and wonder that had been created and built up. Didn't see anyone guess, Arya stabs NK and all fall down and we move on to the battle with Cersei..... Wonder why?

But okay, I'm the unreasonable one here I guess...

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me get this straight.

Mel’s purpose was to come back, light the Dothraki’s swords, so that the geniuses of Winterfell could move all their pawns forward two spaces as an opening gambit????

Then give Arya a pep talk.
Then take a long walk off a short pier.

Hey, she lit the fire trench too.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird the only WW to die was the NK.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this make Arya the princess that was promised and does that add up somehow or are the dismissing that story as meaningless folklore? Seems like the later to me.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more for some of us that we just wanted to know more on why he was doing it.

Maybe the lore holds true some. He was a king all about power like the rest. To do that he needed to have winter last forever. To have that he needed no 3ER.

They glossed over that too much. Maybe one have felt better to just have the NK somehow communicate it. Without that it really makes the quick dispatching (as bad ass as it was from Arya) even less fulfilling.

I mean, I guess it feels like that Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon has the entire Raiders of the Lost Ark movie ruined when his Girlfriend points out that, at the end of the day, Indiana Jones has NO bearing on the story whatsoever...

That is how this feels... The Night King and the White Walkers, who we were introduced to in EPISODE 1, ultimately don't matter much in the end. So much intrigue in what they were, but all the mystery ends up being irrelevant.

Again, I'm ultimately okay with it as I am more intrigued with the battle for the throne, but in MY thoughts, the WW and the NK should have never been written into the story in the first place if this is how that arc was going to end IMO.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird the only WW to die was the NK.

Honestly, the only one that had to die apparently. But would have been more interesting to take out some of the others and have SOME of the army go down... But I'm just some fan boy, so... ;)

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have a feeling there will be a new NK before this is said and done. There has to be something more significant to Winter story.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t please everyone I guess. I enjoyed it. Guess maybe all you movie writing geniuses should have sent in all your cool ideas to these writers who know nothing about the show....books...characters. I for one, will be sleeping great tonight. Knowing I watched a fantastic episode. Can’t wait until next week.

Eh, don't get so "Holier than Thou" here. It was enjoyable. But its just.... Star Wars-ie now? Nothing uniquely GOT really happens?

Remember WHY this show was so unique. Point to end of Seasons 1 and 3 for great examples.... A show that was unpredictable has become pretty cliche at this point if I'm being honest. Sure, I like the good guys winning as much as the next, but... The thing that sat me up in my seat and REALLY made me go "HOLY SHIT!!!!" about GOT was when they axed Ned in Season 1. It is what made me realize this wasn't JUST another fun story.....

The only reason this show wasn't predictable is because it hadn't been. If this WERE Star Wars, we could have guessed this EXACT outcome is my point. I even mentioned in the week leading up that I was concerned that the writers had lost their guts to kill off key characters and many said that it was fairly obvious some of the ones that they would use as cannon fodder... And we were all pretty much spot on. They took out the characters that most cared least about at this point.

Enjoyable? Sure

Intriguing? Meh.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who designed the game plan to send the Dothraki in without support???

They should have been flanking while the Unsullied played shield barrier.

Clearly it was Jon Snow. If we've learned nothing else from this show its that Jon is a really really shitty general. Literally every battle is his forces getting their asses kicked

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am disappointed in the lighting/color/shading whatever of this episode. Someone dropped the ball on that shit big time. I hope it was something that can be edited differently for the 4k Blu-ray set when it comes out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am disappointed in the lighting/color/shading whatever of this episode. Someone dropped the ball on that shit big time. I hope it was something that can be edited differently for the 4k Blu-ray set when it comes out.

"The night is dark and full of terrors". Literally.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The night is dark and full of terrors". Literally.

I have a 2 month old OLED TV and it still looked crummy for the most part on it.

And OLED TVs handle contrast and dark colors better than any other kind.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like they knew it was going to be too dark so they tried to edit some light into the scenes and it fucked it up somehow.

They should have never had all of that snow/fog/whatever floating in the air the whole episode. That hurt the visuals of the episode badly.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the shitty color banding wasn't THAT bad. Lots of action. Could pick on a few things like Brienne sounding like she died at least 5 times and all those seemingly insurmountable odds... but almost no one died from them. We knew hiding in the crypt was kind of stupid, but again no one really died from is so...

Those are mostly nit picking points at best. It was some cool fighting.

But then that end though... :L All of this winter stuff and NK stands there for like 2 minutes basically gloating and then 3 seconds of Arya and its all over. Every bit of it. Done. Wasn't a fan.

i'm pretty sure it all airs at the same time.

at least, i asked my friend in hawaii and he said he watches it at 1500.
On Comcast here I can watch it in standard def at 6pm, but the HD (west coast HD channel) doesn't show on HBO directly until 9pm. Still, I could watch it on HBO Go and throw it up on the TV that way at 6pm because HBO go puts the stream up right at 6pm Pacific, but we often wait for later on purpose. Have shit going on etc.

That said, you'd have to be a total dipshit to come up here and open this thread any time after it starts airing pretty much anywhere. If you do, you should have no expectation that people aren't talking about the plot in real time without spoilers.