• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one claims the throne, the monarchy is abolished.

jon and dany live for a 1,000 years fucking at a waterfall

And the ghost of Ygritte is there going, "You know nuwthin' jawn snoo!!!"

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was definitely part of it as mentioned I believe last week.

But as we saw it left zero room for error lol. I just couldn’t believe they didn’t equip them with more than just bows
theon had a spear or something, fought very valiantly, long live he who was already dead and thus never died or something.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple tactical errros

1. Just sacrifice your best fighters right off the bat?? Literally all Dothraki got fucked over

2. The plan to protect Bran was to have like 8 guys surround him with bows and arrows at ground level and when they run out it’s game over? Theon has to kill like 80 guys by himself only to see 500 more waiting for him. Poor guy.

It worked I guess. But boy was that a murky plan.
The whole point of the episode seems now to have the Night King decimate Dani’s army so that the tension gets amped up as Cersei’s army appears ready to deliver the killing blow.

Because something like 90% of the episode appears to have been passed through 2 black filters, I don’t understand the battle plan. Bran wargs into a bird and flies through the clouds to... somewhere, where he does nothing.

Good thing Arya got pumped when she did, so that she could backstab the NK. The writing this season seems like crap, sorry. Too bad, Bernice, Theon, Lyanna Mormont, Ser Jorah, Rhaegar, Night’s Watch guy... you pretty much died for nothing. :(

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i need to get up in five hours, just took my last shot.

so, 2 dragons and 2 direwolves? the dragons are enough. no idea where this goes for 3 episodes. next episode is definitely aftermath though, just the cats regaining their bearings and leading up to the next battle to come.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of the episode seems now to have the Night King decimate Dani’s army so that the tension gets amped up as Cersei’s army appears ready to deliver the killing blow.

Because something like 90% of the episode appears to have been passed through 2 black filters, I don’t understand the battle plan. Bran wargs into a bird and flies through the clouds to... somewhere, where he does nothing.

Good thing Arya got pumped when she did, so that she could backstab the NK. The writing this season seems like crap, sorry. Too bad, Bernice, Theon, Lyanna Mormont, Ser Jorah, Rhaegar, Night’s Watch guy... you pretty much died for nothing. :(
Lady Mormont had badass death and apparently Rhaegar is good...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good episode but not seven seasons of build up good.

Honestly I think the snow was purposefully done to reduce production costs now that I think of it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good episode but not seven seasons of build up good.

Honestly I think the snow was purposefully done to reduce production costs now that I think of it.
i didn't see it as snow as much as the night king producing cold (if that makes sense)

that said, again, where the fuck did Bran go to?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theon had a spear or something, fought very valiantly, long live he who was already dead and thus never died or something.

I think Theon got his spear from one of the dead wights

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lady Mormont had badass death and apparently Rhaegar is good...
Yeah, Lady Mormont had a good death. But she was still ultimately undone by a shitty plan. What was the idea behind smelting all that dragon-glass? Regular steel weapons have always been able to kill wights, and in the end, no white walkers are ever involved in combat, and the NK is done in by an unnamed Valyrian steel dagger that's been passed around Westoros for 7 seasons.

I didn't know Rhaegar is alive. I though he took a throat slashing and crashed hard. My mistake if he's fine.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fun part, that dagger was carried by the assassin sent to kill Bran. His mother's blood was on it at one time.

That was pretty fun, really! Not perfect, but I didn't see it ending like it did.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was literally the worst thing I've ever watched. If I didn't have 20 years invested in thus series, or if I thought it was even a possibility that Martin would ever finish the books I would have turned my TV off and never looked back.

60% of that episode was a big blurry grey screen, with areas if darker black, and then some small orange flames in a corner. Couldn't see shit.

Another 35% was a bright orange fire in the middle of the screen, and the various colored blurs were shades of brown instead of grey.

About 5% of the time they would close up to somebody familiars face, but apparently after spending all of their money on extras, they only had enough money left to afford cameramen who had Parkinson's. Plus it was cold where they were filming, and they couldn't afford gloves for those shivering cameramen. Who coincidentally were all alcoholics going through detox shakes. Plus I think they might have even been having a seizure too. I've never seen a camera shake that much.

I always thought there was supposed to be one white dragon, one green one, and one black one. But apparently it's easier to make them all just a dark grey. When they're all flying around and fighting each other I had exactly 0 idea what was happening.

They built some fucking catapults and shot exactly one ball each.

Ser Jorah saved some of that teleporting magic from last season. Lead the charge of Dothraki, but somehow be the only survivor? Exactly where Dany fell off her dragon within 13 seconds.

Red woman came back mostly just to light the Dothraki swords on fire. Thanks, that made a huge difference. I guess she did light the 6 foot trench on fire. Brought a whole army of the dead to a stop. Until they learned to make a bridge with their bodies for others to cross. Boy it's a good thing zombies don't burn, otherwise that would have been a really really stupid solution.

Arya goes water dancer with her spear thingy and kills like 30 zombies in 30 seconds. Then she gets a bump on the head and decides to play hide and seek with the 7 zombies in the quiet deserted part of the castle that's in the middle of a battle. She gets bored playing hide and seek so decides to play tag and run away from zombies full speed through a deserted castle.

Thoros of Myr gets pulled down by zombies at least 3-4 different times while body blocking for Arya. He still gets up and staggers into the room before any zombies get to the door. (Writing this it doesn't seem as stupid as a lot of other stuff, but I remember it being ridiculous when it happened.)

Sam the Slayer was like "No! I'm not going down with the midget and girls, I'm gonna fight." Then he gave away his Valyrean Steel Sword. And as soon as the dead show up he just runs away screaming.

Dumbest of all is that DRAGONglass can kill white walkers and their zombies. Something about it having the power of dragon fire or w/e. Valyrean Steel can also kill them, because its magic from Valyria (where the Dragons and Targareans come from) some even believe it was forged in dragon fire. But an actual dragons fire doesn't do shit?

Theres probably more that I would have thought was dumb, but like I said, I couldn't see more than half of the episode.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....I liked the way it went down. Not so crazy that the NK threat is done that quick....but I can’t complain about the way it went.

I think, ultimately, they did not know where to take the WW story once they passed the books. This was an expanded episode length means to an end.

There is a bit of bitterness that so much was built up around this just to have it poof out like that. I was sure the NK was about to talk to Bran, or communicate somehow. As he reached for the sword I knew they didn’t have a plan for who he is and what he wants. Might as well let Arya come in and deliver the blow.

Seems to be a lot of confusion on the dragons. And with the lighting most of the episode it was hard to tell. Drogon was lit up, but he will be fine. Rhaegal did come down to ground hard and didn’t see him again.

The quick action in the dark was a bit annoying. Then again, it was the same director from Battle of the Bastards. That was in daylight and moved so fast on shots that I couldn’t follow it either.

Ultimately though...I’ll just be satisfied with the way it went. hollow as it might feel happening this quickly...this is just going to be the way this show plays out.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that... I'm more looking at the writing and how we go through all of this for 7 and 1/2 seasons with this menace, only to have it wiped out in 2 seconds. Almost thinking it would have been wiser to pull the Dothraki and the Unsullied back to fuckin' Dorne and just have Theon, Arya and Bran sit in the little grove waiting for the Night King. Sure, we'd still lose Theon, but so what? ;)
It was an entire episode that was highly advertised, very expensive, and a very lengthy battle. Did you want him to get slowly tortured to death or what?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an entire episode that was highly advertised, very expensive, and a very lengthy battle. Did you want him to get slowly tortured to death or what?

I think it was more for some of us that we just wanted to know more on why he was doing it.

Maybe the lore holds true some. He was a king all about power like the rest. To do that he needed to have winter last forever. To have that he needed no 3ER.

They glossed over that too much. Maybe one have felt better to just have the NK somehow communicate it. Without that it really makes the quick dispatching (as bad ass as it was from Arya) even less fulfilling.