• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial results are 7.2 million for the early showing of GoT last night and 8.2 overall when the encore is added. Matches series highs.

I'm thinking 8 million early showing and 9 million overall by the finale isn't out of reach.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some fight last night!

Here's a photo of the actors-----Pedro Pascal (Red Viper), and the 6' 9" 420 lb. Hafthor Julius Bjornsson (The Mountain).

Wow...the ending of the fight.....eeeek!

1477568_1485236565043056_2161624417796796408_n.jpg

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let this be a lesson...when you have your opponent down, kill him. Don't start an interrogation. It not only cost The Red Viper his life but shorty is going to die too.

I have a feeling he will live........my guess is this:

Bronn and Jaime have a little bit of a bro-bond ever since Bronn has been training Jaime to fight with his left hand. So....Bronn & Jaime devise an escape plan for Tyrion, with Tyrion's small size being key to the escape, as he will probably be smuggled out of the city as a sack of potatoes or something similar. The problem is where the heck would Tyrion go to evade the long arm of Lannister justice......perhaps Dorne? Also, even if this would happen...does Tyrion have any access to his financial assets?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple months ago, actress Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) posted this photo online of herself and fellow actor Pedro Pascal (Prince Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper). Now we know what the photo was alluding to...hehe!

1527730_478809682242495_565204005_n.jpg

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Mountain?

He was stabbed in the stomach (in addition to several head shots, a slashing of the tendons in the back of the ankle, etc.) by a man who is (was) admittably a master of poisons. Will the Mountain survive or is he out of the picture also?

If he does survive, is there a showdown between him and the Hound in the future?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro's performance of Oberyn was one of the real highlights of this season. He absolutely nailed it. Bummer to see him go, but his arrival sure did usher in a period of the Lannisters taking some serious blows to their power. People like them eventually start believing their own BS when nobody calls them out on it. He didn't hold back at all. Bummer, but he did accomplish quite a bit, even though he fucked up at the very end.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he will live........my guess is this:

Bronn and Jaime have a little bit of a bro-bond ever since Bronn has been training Jaime to fight with his left hand. So....Bronn & Jaime devise an escape plan for Tyrion, with Tyrion's small size being key to the escape, as he will probably be smuggled out of the city as a sack of potatoes or something similar. The problem is where the heck would Tyrion go to evade the long arm of Lannister justice......perhaps Dorne? Also, even if this would happen...does Tyrion have any access to his financial assets?

Well since he seems well read on Targaryen blood lines, he could try to find Daenerys and help her take the Iron Throne.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since he seems well read on Targaryen blood lines, he could try to find Daenerys and help her take the Iron Throne.

That's a good thought....and pretty cool, as he would really be pissing in the Lannister's cornflakes if he helps Khaleesi. The thing is, he would appear to be a nice snack to those dragons...hehe.

And speaking of the three dragons.....I think Dany is going to lose control of the dragons because it was already alluded to a couple times this season because of their animalistic feeding instincts. However, I think Bran will save the world from the crazed dragons with his awesome mind control skills if needs be. I wonder if the three eyed raven quest Bran and company is undertaking is going to lead him to discover/learn a way to control multiple beings (three) at the same time! Hmmm! Bran would then be able to use the dragons to strafe the advancing White Walkers when Winter eventually arrives to all of Westeros.......that would be the ultimate battle of Ice & Fire of which people would write Songs!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Mountain?

He was stabbed in the stomach (in addition to several head shots, a slashing of the tendons in the back of the ankle, etc.) by a man who is (was) admittably a master of poisons. Will the Mountain survive or is he out of the picture also?

If he does survive, is there a showdown between him and the Hound in the future?

Yeah, The Mountain is pretty messed-up, and I don't see him surviving, which surprises me because I also thought there would be an eventual showdown between The Hound and The Mountain, with the bout possibly having a fire component, such as The Hound overcoming his fear of fire and picking-up a lit torch and bitch smacking The Mountain in the face with the torch.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***SPOILER VIDEO*** Don't watch the video of the fight if you haven't seen this season yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZchRZ-HX19U"]Game of Thrones S04E08 - Red Viper vs The Mountain - YouTube[/ame]

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, The Mountain is pretty messed-up, and I don't see him surviving, which surprises me because I also thought there would be an eventual showdown between The Hound and The Mountain, with the bout possibly having a fire component, such as The Hound overcoming his fear of fire and picking-up a lit torch and bitch smacking The Mountain in the face with the torch.

It would be a shame not to see that epic battle.

I think that the Mountain survives and we will have this showdown but it might not come about for a couple more years.

I guess that we will see if he survives or not quite soon (before the end of this season, so within 2 weeks). If he does not, does the Hound freak out and lose it when he gets the news?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!! read the books, m8s

Also for the love of God, Dany's name is Daenerys Targaryrn

Khaleesi is not her name, not even anybody's name, and is a title she barely holds anymore now that her khalasar was killed

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!! read the books, m8s

Also for the love of God, Dany's name is Daenerys Targaryrn

Khaleesi is not her name, not even anybody's name, and is a title she barely holds anymore now that her khalasar was killed

YEAH! Refer to that fictional character by her correct name! :gaah:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Mountain?

If he is still alive he doesn't have much time left.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule of thumb for the show as well as the books: If you do not see a character confirmed dead on screen (or on the page) do not assume he/she is dead.

That is all.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain dies a slow and very painful death due to this fight. He was poisoned.