• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think she necessarily has to be a white walker. The Night King was human at some point after all. She could just be a Stark, the Night King himself might even be one. I could even see some crazy twist where the NK was actually Azor Ahai and part of him saving the realm required him not only to sacrifice his love Nissa Nissa but also sacrificing himself to balance the power that he destroyed by becoming the new NK. Maybe he didn't know about the later before sacrificing his wife so maybe he is coming for his bride Nissa Nissa as far fetched as that might seem.

Probably not but the Stark thing might have some validity.

I've sort of like the idea of somehow the NK being Rhaegar Targaryen. It fit the whole 3 heads of the dragon theme without them needing to make Tyrian a Targaryen. Plus, he'd have a claim to the throne and simply be part of the game. I don't really see how this would work with out some wacky time travel thing though.

Overall though, I am convinced, his motives are more tied to back when he was human rather than him being the king of the undead and just wanting to wipe out everyone. The ultimate manifestation of humans drive for power gone mad.

neat suggestions.

there are so many ways to go with this. what we know is the movie has already departed from legend and the books. but for a while now, i've believed all of the humans so broke, they can't win this. and a story where human kind comes together just in the nick of time, or from the ashes rises a hero that kills off the NK and Sercei's of this world, doesn't seem likely.

the ending will be shocking, and maybe even sickening.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put aside the fact that Rhaegar's body was war hammered to the point his armor was strewn all along a river, and that his body laid in the water for some time...Rhaegar's body was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens. Be sort of difficult for your next theory to come to fruition.

I don't think its likely but there's a tin foil hatish theory that covers all that on reddit about it, can't claim it as my theory. He kind of loses me with time travel/glass candles part of it though. Pasted below if you want to check it out.

The Night King is Rhaegar Targaryen: A New Theory : gottheories

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tyrion being the third (the "dragon has three heads") is far more likely.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Spiral
tenor.gif

220px-GoldenSpiralLogarithmic_color_in.gif

7 golden spirals rotated evenly about 360 degrees

View attachment 202756

Game-of-Thrones-Dead-Horses-Spiral-720x360.jpg

courtesy-of-hbo-7-1555330965.jpg
The Ned Umber diorama had 8 arms though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, and it does make for some interesting reading, but I think applying book-only stuff to the show may just be spinning wheels.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ned Umber diorama had 8 arms though.

Hmm, well you can do the same thing with 8, actually the rotation angle works out to be an even number that way , 45 instead of 51 and some change. Fits pretty well but just might be a coincidence and have no real meaning. I also should have flipped the y axis in the gif I made. Its should be twisting the other way. Wonder if 7 vs 8 legs means anything now that he has crossed the wall. Even the symbol in the cave had 7.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, well you can do the same thing with 8, actually the rotation angle works out to be an even number that way , 45 instead of 51 and some change. Fits pretty well but just might be a coincidence and have no real meaning. I also should have flipped the y axis in the gif I made. Its should be twisting the other way. Wonder if 7 vs 8 legs means anything now that he has crossed the wall. Even the symbol in the cave had 7.
The other ones have 7 arms though.

The Tree back with the COTF and the Night King ceremony, and the horse parts spiral are both 7 armed.

As far as I know, Umber's is the only one with 8.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neat suggestions.

there are so many ways to go with this. what we know is the movie has already departed from legend and the books. but for a while now, i've believed all of the humans so broke, they can't win this. and a story where human kind comes together just in the nick of time, or from the ashes rises a hero that kills off the NK and Sercei's of this world, doesn't seem likely.

the ending will be shocking, and maybe even sickening.

Thanks. I think in the end everything will set up to start the whole thing over again - the wheel remains intact. Perhaps with new characters replacing the roles of old ones. Perhaps fire becomes ice and ice becomes fire.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I think in the end everything will set up to start the whole thing over again - the wheel remains intact. Perhaps with new characters replacing the roles of old ones. Perhaps fire becomes ice and ice becomes fire.
So not breaking the wheel, but resetting it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put aside the fact that Rhaegar's body was war hammered to the point his armor was strewn all along a river, and that his body laid in the water for some time...Rhaegar's body was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens. Be sort of difficult for your next theory to come to fruition.

While I agree with you, bear in mind the story of Ned Stark defeating Ser Arthur Dayne is embellished.

Is it remotely possible that how they killed Rhaegar was?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Spiral
tenor.gif

220px-GoldenSpiralLogarithmic_color_in.gif

7 golden spirals rotated evenly about 360 degrees

View attachment 202756

Game-of-Thrones-Dead-Horses-Spiral-720x360.jpg

courtesy-of-hbo-7-1555330965.jpg

I guess there's been a detailed theory for the show with the golden ratio for a while. Didn't even think about the first symbol in the first episode with the bodies being phi.

Here's a vid for anyone interested. It's vague but the overall point is pretty much in line with where I think this thing is heading. I'm not sure if this is really a theme in the books.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there's been a detailed theory for the show with the golden ratio for a while. Didn't even think about the first symbol in the first episode with the bodies being phi.

Here's a vid for anyone interested. It's vague but the overall point is pretty much in line with where I think this thing is heading. I'm not sure if this is really a theme in the books.

While symbolism is incredibly important in the show, I gotta say a lot of what this person is saying is nonsense.

She just tosses the golden ratio over any scene, whether it works or not. I think there is some Priming Bias going on here.

3.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While symbolism is incredibly important in the show, I gotta say a lot of what this person is saying is nonsense.

She just tosses the golden ratio over any scene, whether it works or not. I think there is some Priming Bias going on here.

Like she's spiraling out of control?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you, bear in mind the story of Ned Stark defeating Ser Arthur Dayne is embellished.

Is it remotely possible that how they killed Rhaegar was?
Not really. Rhaghar's death was in the middle of a battle witnessed by legions.

Ser Arthur Dayne's was witnessed by two.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Rhaghar's death was in the middle of a battle witnessed by legions.

Ser Arthur Dayne's was witnessed by two.
Exactly. And even IF what exactly happened is embellished/exaggerated, the fact is, there is zero doubt that Rhaegar is dead, died at the Ruby Forge, and was cremated.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And even IF what exactly happened is embellished/exaggerated, the fact is, there is zero doubt that Rhaegar is dead, died at the Ruby Forge, and was cremated.

It is most likely.
Any chance his harp made it to the crypts?
Would have been good foreshadowing if we could see the harp in the Tower of Joy when Ned finds Lyanna.
So, I'm guessing it's not there.