• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the story about the nights king where i'm getting my thougths. I'm suggesting the Nights King was the one that worked out the original deal with the Night King and what ended that first war. And why the NK returned to the north. I'm thinking the deal was there wasn't supposed to be any humans north of the wall, but we screwed that up and that's why he's back.

the nights watch made things worse with their constant patrols north of the wall. i don't think even the nights king was supposed to travel north of the wall.

i haven't looked at your link, but will.
This theory doesn't hold water. It's not a territory dispute. There have always been wildling tribes north of the wall. Rangers from the NW have always ventured the realms north (if it was taboo, the NW wouldn't do that...nor would there be gates and tunnels through the wall).

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too late to introduce the Night's King and his mythology into this.

And then they'd have to change his name, too.

Add this to the pile of confusing things the creators did, like rename Asha Greyjoy to Yara, because of an existing tertiary character, Osha sounds too similar.
Is that why they did that? Aren't there enough Rob's to get rid of that idea?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, he also goes by the name Kingslayer, which someone else there might be interested in. I imagine the point will be to see if Dany can show mercy (even though that conversation between sam and jon was dumb)

I was thinking he was brought in to take down the Knight king. He is the best swordsmen after all.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the story about the nights king where i'm getting my thougths. I'm suggesting the Nights King was the one that worked out the original deal with the Night King and what ended that first war. And why the NK returned to the north. I'm thinking the deal was there wasn't supposed to be any humans north of the wall, but we screwed that up and that's why he's back.

the nights watch made things worse with their constant patrols north of the wall. i don't think even the nights king was supposed to travel north of the wall.

Well considering the Wall was built and the Night King was driven back before the Night's King (13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch) came about, your suggestion is wrong.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking he was brought in to take down the Knight king. He is the best swordsmen after all.
Wonder if Gendry, could forge him a Valerian steel (assuming there is enough of the steel to be found) or Dragonglass hand. That way he can go around karate chopping wights out of the way. :D:D

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Gendry, could forge him a Valerian steel (assuming there is enough of the steel to be found) or Dragonglass hand. That way he can go around karate chopping wights out of the way. :D:D
Um...Jamie has a Valerian steel sword already.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...Jamie has a Valerian steel sword already.
Exactly, he could put the other hand to use as well instead of it just being there. Unless he's going to hold a shield, strap some sort of weapon to that thing and have at 'em.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not nearly as fun as judo chopping your way to victory.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too late to introduce the Night's King and his mythology into this.

They may have already.

the CofTF say they created the NK to be a weapon against humans. i'm saying the CoTF are the false story tellers. in one war they are fighting humans, now they are fighting the NK. I'm not buying their story. my proposal is that first human they shoved dragon glass into may have been the Nights King who was placed in charge of the wall by the Night King. Wasn't there suppposed to have been a marraige between that stark and a female white wlaker boss lady?

my theory is the war has always been between the NK and the CoTF and humans are being used by the CoTF. A stark figured this out in that original war. And that's why the Night King is back. He wants everything reset to how it was at the end of the last war. A stark on the wall, and I still like my theory about no humans are supposed to be north of the wall. That is where he sentenced the CoTF to live out their existence and to keep them from doing harm to humans.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have already.

the CofTF say they created the NK to be a weapon against humans. i'm saying the CoTF are the false story tellers. in one war they are fighting humans, now they are fighting the NK. I'm not buying their story. my proposal is that first human they shoved dragon glass into may have been the Nights King who was placed in charge of the wall by the Night King. Wasn't there suppposed to have been a marraige between that stark and a female white wlaker boss lady?

my theory is the war has always been between the NK and the CoTF and humans are being used by the CoTF. A stark figured this out in that original war. And that's why the Night King is back. He wants everything reset to how it was at the end of the last war. A stark on the wall, and I still like my theory about no humans are supposed to be north of the wall. That is where he sentenced the CoTF to live out their existence and to keep them from doing harm to humans.
That's not now the Nights King story goes, though. The Nights King story isn't a story the COTF told anyone. It's a story of the First Men.

According to legend, Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. Night's King brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years.[1]

During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the north. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed.[2] After his fall, when it was discovered that Night's King had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten.[1] It is likely this led the lords of the north to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

Maesters are skeptical of the legend, thinking the Night's King's corpse queen was possibly a daughter of a Barrow King from the barrowlands.[2] Some fan theories link her with the Others because of her description.​

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This theory doesn't hold water. It's not a territory dispute. There have always been wildling tribes north of the wall. Rangers from the NW have always ventured the realms north (if it was taboo, the NW wouldn't do that...nor would there be gates and tunnels through the wall).

The things you are stating is how the story is being told at present time. That doesn't make the legends or stories accurate. And that's my point with GoT. Nothing is how it seems.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and he's extremely knowledgeable in this GOT realm. Sad so many panties get bunched.

there is a lot of that that goes on. but it's a free site so there isn't much i'm going to say.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why have the magic spells engraved into the wall to keep the NK from crossing? Would you not cast a spell keeping the humans south? Keeping humans south was not a reason for the wall.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things you are stating is how the story is being told at present time. That doesn't make the legends or stories accurate. And that's my point with GoT. Nothing is how it seems.
Between the writer GRRM SOIAF and also his histories on the subject...I think I'll stick with GRRM's version of the story, thanks.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not now the Nights King story goes, though. The Nights King story isn't a story the COTF told anyone. It's a story of the First Men.

According to legend, Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. Night's King brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years.[1]

During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the north. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed.[2] After his fall, when it was discovered that Night's King had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten.[1] It is likely this led the lords of the north to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

Maesters are skeptical of the legend, thinking the Night's King's corpse queen was possibly a daughter of a Barrow King from the barrowlands.[2] Some fan theories link her with the Others because of her description.​

darn good stuff man. i need to get into that link of yours.