• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why have the magic spells engraved into the wall to keep the NK from crossing? Would you not cast a spell keeping the humans south? Keeping humans south was not a reason for the wall.

it appears any spells cast to keep the night king out, didn't work. i know of no history to prove the spells purpose or if they were there at all. I would agree with your position if every 20 years the NK actually attempted to cross the wall and something repelled him. what we do know is the one time the NK decided to take the wall down, he brought it down in seconds.

questioning why the spells were not there to keep humans out would be typical human arrogance a power like the night king would laugh at. Because we are not worth a spell and easily kicked to the curb would be my thought.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much, if any, of the "history" people are posting is taken from A World of Ice and Fire, but if any of it is, it is probably good to keep in mind GRRM said there's no guarantee the histories/stories in it are all accurate.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the writer GRRM SOIAF and also his histories on the subject...I think I'll stick with GRRM's version of the story, thanks.

you misunderstood. I'm not saying present time as in present time for you and I. I'm talking about the day and age of game of thrones, whatever year and world this is taking place in.

it's the legends that are being told within this story that im saying are false or are purposely being misinterpreted. It’s more of the misdirection that we’ve seen from the writers.

again, this is only to pass the time till sunday. i doubt any of my theories to be a reality. im am saying this is not the black and white story about who wins the game of thrones. the leader of the seven kingdoms is a nobody in the end of this story is where i'm going.

The ending will be about what the Night King wants and he will get it. And that will have little to do with the King of the seven kingdoms. it will be all about the Night King and the lesson we humans will learn from it.

my guess is ths is a story about human arrogance and greed over all else.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it appears any spells cast to keep the night king out, didn't work. i know of no history to prove the spells purpose or if they were there at all. I would agree with your position if every 20 years the NK actually attempted to cross the wall and something repelled him. what we do know is the one time the NK decided to take the wall down, he brought it down in seconds.

questioning why the spells were not there to keep humans out would be typical human arrogance a power like the night king would laugh at. Because we are not worth a spell and easily kicked to the curb would be my thought.

He didn't have a dragon before did he? Much like the spells protecting the cave where Brenden Rivers aka The Three Eyed Raven kept him out until he found something to negate it, in that case touching Bran, the dragon gave him the ability to finally breach the wall. The Wall does/did have magic woven into it as melisandre said she felt it's power and she was stronger there, also Coldhands (in the book) can't pass through the wall due to the magic, much in the same way he couldn't go into the cave of Three Eyed Raven. Also, since touching Bran negated the COTF magic at the cave, it stands to reason, now that Bran is back on the other side of the wall, it's magic has been negated, for the same reason.

You really should do A LOT more reading up of the history, lore, and timelines before trying to twist things to fit your theories.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have a dragon before did he? Much like the spells protecting the cave where Brenden Rivers aka The Three Eyed Raven kept him out until he found something to negate it, in that case touching Bran, the dragon gave him the ability to finally breach the wall. The Wall does/did have magic woven into it as melisandre said she felt it's power and she was stronger there, also Coldhands (in the book) can't pass through the wall due to the magic, much in the same way he couldn't go into the cave of Three Eyed Raven. Also, since touching Bran negated the COTF magic at the cave, it stands to reason, now that Bran is back on the other side of the wall, it's magic has been negated, for the same reason.

You really should do A LOT more reading up of the history, lore, and timelines before trying to twist things to fit your theories.
You have more in play...the red comet, the return of dragons (which have been gone for hundreds of years), the return of the long winter and the burning of the glass candles at the Citadel. It's a perfect storm.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao at the last sentence. twisting wasn't the intent. I have a theory and you don't like it. Now i hope im accurate. lmao.

anyways. i gave you a useful for the info provided. what you said makes sense when relating it to coldhands. How that relates to the Night King is where you may be wrong.

reference the NK requiring the dragon, not having one didn't stop him from beginning the journey. your suggesting he was hanging around north of the wall hoping D flys north with one is ok i guess. i don't think he needed required it. he is using it cause it's fun.

my thoughts regarding your statements about me twisting and your reasoning about the NK requiring a dragon are equally weak and unknowing as my theories. i get im not a GoT sage. studying this shit isn't happening. i read, retain a few things, have some fun talking about it. nothing more.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!
I like that. The magic has kept the NK and his bride separated. She is locked in the crypts of Winterfell and the NK is attempting to free her.

It does fit with the 'do anything for love/family' theme.

I don't think she necessarily has to be a white walker. The Night King was human at some point after all. She could just be a Stark, the Night King himself might even be one. I could even see some crazy twist where the NK was actually Azor Ahai and part of him saving the realm required him not only to sacrifice his love Nissa Nissa but also sacrificing himself to balance the power that he destroyed by becoming the new NK. Maybe he didn't know about the later before sacrificing his wife so maybe he is coming for his bride Nissa Nissa as far fetched as that might seem.

Probably not but the Stark thing might have some validity.

I've sort of like the idea of somehow the NK being Rhaegar Targaryen. It fit the whole 3 heads of the dragon theme without them needing to make Tyrian a Targaryen. Plus, he'd have a claim to the throne and simply be part of the game. I don't really see how this would work with out some wacky time travel thing though.

Overall though, I am convinced, his motives are more tied to back when he was human rather than him being the king of the undead and just wanting to wipe out everyone. The ultimate manifestation of humans drive for power gone mad.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much, if any, of the "history" people are posting is taken from A World of Ice and Fire, but if any of it is, it is probably good to keep in mind GRRM said there's no guarantee the histories/stories in it are all accurate.

Translation: He's still making it up as he goes.

Still I'm wondering if the show is going to address the motives of the Night King. It will be difficult to do so without it appearing cheesy.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think she necessarily has to be a white walker. The Night King was human at some point after all. She could just be a Stark, the Night King himself might even be one. I could even see some crazy twist where the NK was actually Azor Ahai and part of him saving the realm required him not only to sacrifice his love Nissa Nissa but also sacrificing himself to balance the power that he destroyed by becoming the new NK. Maybe he didn't know about the later before sacrificing his wife so maybe he is coming for his bride Nissa Nissa as far fetched as that might seem.

Probably not but the Stark thing might have some validity.

I've sort of like the idea of somehow the NK being Rhaegar Targaryen. It fit the whole 3 heads of the dragon theme without them needing to make Tyrian a Targaryen. Plus, he'd have a claim to the throne and simply be part of the game. I don't really see how this would work with out some wacky time travel thing though.

Overall though, I am convinced, his motives are more tied to back when he was human rather than him being the king of the undead and just wanting to wipe out everyone. The ultimate manifestation of humans drive for power gone mad.
If you put aside the fact that Rhaegar's body was war hammered to the point his armor was strewn all along a river, and that his body laid in the water for some time...Rhaegar's body was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens. Be sort of difficult for your next theory to come to fruition.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: He's still making it up as he goes.

Still I'm wondering if the show is going to address the motives of the Night King. It will be difficult to do so without it appearing cheesy.

It's been a while since it was released, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I remember it kind of going:

TWOIAF gets released.
Lots of people think it's the definitive history of all sorts of Houses, etc ...
Inconsistencies are found with the novels
Readers are then told some of the histories told may incorrect because they were written by Maesters of the Citadel and some of them may have had their own motives for telling certain histories certain ways.

It's one of the reasons I never bothered with it.

Yeah, I would think they'd have to go into the NK's motives, at least to some extent. While they're certainly had their misses, D&D have handled a lot of things very well, at least imo, so I have hope they'll figure out a way that won't be too cheesy.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since it was released, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I remember it kind of going:

TWOIAF gets released.
Lots of people think it's the definitive history of all sorts of Houses, etc ...
Inconsistencies are found with the novels
Readers are then told some of the histories told may incorrect because they were written by Maesters of the Citadel and some of them may have had their own motives for telling certain histories certain ways.

It's one of the reasons I never bothered with it.

Yeah, I would think they'd have to go into the NK's motives, at least to some extent. While they're certainly had their misses, D&D have handled a lot of things very well, at least imo, so I have hope they'll figure out a way that won't be too cheesy.

It points to Bran's already figured it out by now.

So why isn't he telling anyone?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe because the NK's motives don't really matter, at least not to those who are preparing to fight him.
Sure, as viewers we want to know, but do the characters really have the luxury of wondering why it is happening?

btw - Does anyone know where Meera is?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things you are stating is how the story is being told at present time. That doesn't make the legends or stories accurate. And that's my point with GoT. Nothing is how it seems.
The idea that all of this back story was a lie would really ruin the whole thing.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because the NK's motives don't really matter, at least not to those who are preparing to fight him.
Sure, as viewers we want to know, but do the characters really have the luxury of wondering why it is happening?

She went back to her own Frog-folk after Bran stated he had no romantic interest in her. Supposedly.

Will she get at least a cameo before it's over? Your guess is as good as mine.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meera returned to Greywatch. She was pretty badass so hopefully we will see some of the Reed's in the coming Winterfell scenes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Determinism. He knows what's going to happen, and he's kinda Aspergery now. No need to explain things, just push the chess pieces where they belong.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Spiral
tenor.gif

220px-GoldenSpiralLogarithmic_color_in.gif

7 golden spirals rotated evenly about 360 degrees

spiral.gif