• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where i'm at. man isn't defeating the WW's. the night king will only go back when humans agree to their demands which i believe is no humans north of the wall and the wall be manned by a stark, who is to keep man from migrating north again.

where i disagree is i don't think the original wall was created by man as legend is telling it. i think the wall was originally created by the night king to keep humans our of the north. not to keep the WW out of the south.

Hmmmm, issue I have is, at what point does NK decide to tell everyone what he wants? Could he have maybe mentioned it sooner? I'm guessing humans would have said, "Oh... okay. Sorry."

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we saw Benjin, cleary something was up with him. As if he had been turned in somesort of way. Any theories on whats up with that? Maybe Starks have some sort of magic like Targs and them being immune to fire but with ice?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, forgot that the COTF saved him with dragon glass. So I guess that makes him a white walker sorts or at least simular to the nights king. Interesting that it doesn't automatically make apart of the other army though. Nights Kings beef might have more to do with when he was a person before there even was a wall.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it was a MEH episode relative to the build up.
It wasn't a horrible episode like 50% or more of season 7.
But For a 2 year fan buildup, I honestly expected something amazing and mind blowing brilliant.

Instead, it was about setting up story lines, resetting chess pieces, and updating character locations.
It was necessary I understand...but it was ho-hum.

They needed something anything to happen. And honestly it did not. We really know nothing more than last season.
They should have scrapped the stupid ALADDIN magic carpet ride, and replaced it with one advanced story line.

Even a single cool event could have elevated to greatness instead of just average.
B Minus

Maybe it’s all expectation. I knew this would be like all the past season premieres....chess setting and ho hum.

I completely agree on the magic carpet ride scene. It was annoying as there were countless other ways to prove out that what Sam told him (after the fact was true).

I just feel if they had the dragon flight after Sam told him it would have been powerful, and not something that has been panned by so many.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it was a MEH episode relative to the build up.
It wasn't a horrible episode like 50% or more of season 7.
But For a 2 year fan buildup, I honestly expected something amazing and mind blowing brilliant.

Instead, it was about setting up story lines, resetting chess pieces, and updating character locations.
It was necessary I understand...but it was ho-hum.

They needed something anything to happen. And honestly it did not. We really know nothing more than last season.
They should have scrapped the stupid ALADDIN magic carpet ride, and replaced it with one advanced story line.

Even a single cool event could have elevated to greatness instead of just average.
B Minus

Except every fucking 1st episode since the series began did the same thing. But you know, details.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s all expectation. I knew this would be like all the past season premieres....chess setting and ho hum.

I completely agree on the magic carpet ride scene. It was annoying as there were countless other ways to prove out that what Sam told him (after the fact was true).

I just feel if they had the dragon flight after Sam told him it would have been powerful, and not something that has been panned by so many.
A lot of people are harping on the "only a Targaryean can ride a dragon thing." Has that ever been stated in the show?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are harping on the "only a Targaryean can ride a dragon thing." Has that ever been stated in the show?

Yeah. It's actually one of those show only things. The books say there are others that can ride dragons which makes sense because its not like the Targs were the only family from Valeryia

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
57160391_832906897080587_603046947758014464_n.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
190411194912-pba-game-of-thrones-exlarge-169.jpg

"If I eat the snowman, do you think he'll melt before I can swallow him?"

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, issue I have is, at what point does NK decide to tell everyone what he wants? "

Other than we know he is killing people , i haven't seen any communication from the NK except the figures drawn either on caves or the swirls we see made from body parts. the humans must figure out what is being said or they will have to defeat the NK in a conventional battle that i don't believe humans can win. having to destroy/burn the dead bodies before they turn to WW's is not easily done unless the dragons are to do it. and the NK has proven he doesn't mind battling dragons. So my thoughts are we must solve the riddle or face extinction.

Could he have maybe mentioned it sooner? I'm guessing humans would have said, "Oh... okay. Sorry."

humans are too self absorbed and have forgotten the language of the NK and have forgotten the original contract. This is a leap, but assume humans are not top of the food chain in this world and instead of the wall being there to keep the WW's out of the south, but instead the wall was built by the NK to keep humans from going north of the wall.

GOT opened season 1 with the wildlings north of the wall and the kights watch doing patrols north of the wall. IMO, that is what this is all about. Man broke their original contract with the NK. And the NK is back to set the record straight.

the second misdirection is we are lead to believe that GOT is all about becoming the ruler of the seven kingdoms. and that the king/queen of the seven kingdoms will be the ultimate power in the end and will save mankind from the NK. I'm saying the ruler of the seven kingdoms is meaningless. The only power in the end will be the NK and one nuetral human who will end up being portrayed as a traitor to man in the end.

our perception of good does not win over evil in this show. We find out the good guy is really the NK, and humans are not much more than dogs with a language to the NK. We are another species he controls to ensure the planet is safe from over populaiton.

it's one way to end it anyways. :thumb:

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where i'm at. man isn't defeating the WW's. the night king will only go back when humans agree to their demands which i believe is no humans north of the wall and the wall be manned by a stark, who is to keep man from migrating north again.

where i disagree is i don't think the original wall was created by man as legend is telling it. i think the wall was originally created by the night king to keep humans our of the north. not to keep the WW out of the south.

humans are too self absorbed and have forgotten the language of the NK and have forgotten the original contract. This is a leap, but assume humans are not top of the food chain in this world and instead of the wall being there to keep the WW's out of the south, but instead the wall was built by the NK to keep humans from going north of the wall.
If that were the case, NK and his White Walkers would've simply wiped out all the wildlings a long time ago.

Though I do think it's way more complex than a simple NK is evil, men are good sort of thing, as we've seen in the show multiple times, humans can be way more evil and cruel than NK is.

I don't think we will know the true story (fully) until the books come out because D&D and the show writers have been pretty lazy since around season 4, and basically are pandering to show fanboys with constant cliches.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case, NK and his White Walkers would've simply wiped out all the wildlings a long time ago..

the second two paragraphs are good. i am speculating, as we all are. but to answer the statement above, we view the NK and the WW's as the evil agressor with no design other than to kill. it's the old story of a mythical beast, he's is just there killing and all we have to do is kill him first and the good guys win and man moves onward.

im suggesting the NK is the ulitmate good. he is the power that maintains a natural balance. being all good, the NK doesn't react violently until a species has proven themselves incapable of managing the planets resources. he needs an army of dead, so it take s a few years to build one up. he starts out by killing off a few people. he sets up a deal with a guy that gives him male babies and over time, he builds up his forces for the move southward.

im going back to the original design. according to legend, the NK did this once before. the legend said the NK was defeated and sent packing back to the north and a stark manned the wall to keep the NK from traveling south. I am questoning the legend.

1) Why wasn't the NK killed in that first battle that man won and allowed to just retreat?

2) Why was only one person, a stark, chosen to man the wall orginally?

3) What happened to where the nights watch came to running the wall?

4) Something is not right with the children of the forrest. there are way too many inconsistancies in their story telling. too many gaps. IMO, the CoTF are lying in their story telling and may be the overall problem in our perceptions of how all of this came to be.

its all a guess to keep things spicy until ep2.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than we know he is killing people , i haven't seen any communication from the NK except the figures drawn either on caves or the swirls we see made from body parts. the humans must figure out what is being said or they will have to defeat the NK in a conventional battle that i don't believe humans can win. having to destroy/burn the dead bodies before they turn to WW's is not easily done unless the dragons are to do it. and the NK has proven he doesn't mind battling dragons. So my thoughts are we must solve the riddle or face extinction.

GOT opened season 1 with the wildlings north of the wall and the kights watch doing patrols north of the wall. IMO, that is what this is all about. Man broke their original contract with the NK. And the NK is back to set the record straight.

the second misdirection is we are lead to believe that GOT is all about becoming the ruler of the seven kingdoms. and that the king/queen of the seven kingdoms will be the ultimate power in the end and will save mankind from the NK. I'm saying the ruler of the seven kingdoms is meaningless. The only power in the end will be the NK and one nuetral human who will end up being portrayed as a traitor to man in the end.

our perception of good does not win over evil in this show. We find out the good guy is really the NK, and humans are not much more than dogs with a language to the NK. We are another species he controls to ensure the planet is safe from over populaiton.

it's one way to end it anyways. :thumb:

Interesting view... I wonder how that would play with the audience though? A defacto, "Yeah, all that stuff really didn't matter." ending.

It'd have to be spun in a way where it still matters in the world of men, even though as far as the NK is concerned, he just wants them to keep their a$$es South... ;)

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe so. I’ve not read the books and I have it in my head that only a Targ can ride a Dragon.

Which just makes the dragon ride more incomprehensible....flashing ref lights Dany.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the second two paragraphs are good. i am speculating, as we all are. but to answer the statement above, we view the NK and the WW's as the evil agressor with no design other than to kill. it's the old story of a mythical beast, he's is just there killing and all we have to do is kill him first and the good guys win and man moves onward.

im suggesting the NK is the ulitmate good. he is the power that maintains a natural balance. being all good, the NK doesn't react violently until a species has proven themselves incapable of managing the planets resources. he needs an army of dead, so it take s a few years to build one up. he starts out by killing off a few people. he sets up a deal with a guy that gives him male babies and over time, he builds up his forces for the move southward.

im going back to the original design. according to legend, the NK did this once before. the legend said the NK was defeated and sent packing back to the north and a stark manned the wall to keep the NK from traveling south. I am questoning the legend.

1) Why wasn't the NK killed in that first battle that man won and allowed to just retreat?

4) Something is not right with the children of the forrest. there are way too many inconsistancies in their story telling. too many gaps. IMO, the CoTF are lying in their story telling and may be the overall problem in our perceptions of how all of this came to be.

IMHO it is all over love and especially loving the wrong woman. Was it Bronn or Tyrian that said something like, "what if it is all about cocks"?

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple of other things about the wall and those north of the wall:

1) we believe the wall was supposed to be built to keep the NK from going south. the NK took the wall down in less than 60 seconds. that's one reason i believe the wall was built by the Night King and it's his magic that protected it. he knew exactly what was needed to bring it down. who else simply knew they could fly up to it and take it down with a dragon. my guess is the NK could have chucked spears at it and it would have eventually crumbled. He is that much a badass.

2) there were three powerful groups north of the wall. the children of the forrest who use magic. the Night King who uses magic. the three eyed raven who was a human and has visions. everything else north of the wall is common man or animal, all of which can be turned into the living dead and the NK's army. that's giants, horses, bears, humans, and now even dragons. if it's north of the wall, it belongs to the NK.

the night kings first real act was to kill the three eyed raven, the human. the three eyed raven could have been killed at any time by the NK. the three major groups co-existed for a while up there. something changed. I say it's bedasue all of the human's north of the wall is a violation to their agreement.

the way too obvious reason the three eyed raven was killed is because he is on the humans side and it's a military move to take out humans best military option. that's to simple for what i've seen of the writing so far. And this also plays into my theory that man violated the original agreement and the three eyed raven is paying for allowing this to happen. He didn't do his job along with the nights watch

The NK is going to demand a stark be returned to the wall. Arya is my pick.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO it is all over love and especially loving the wrong woman. Was it Bronn or Tyrian that said something like, "what if it is all about cocks"?

i know mine has gotten me in trouble. :laugh:

Reactions: gob

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really need to read the books. Possibly again.