• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see a happy ending for Jon and Dany.

I think between Jon and Dany, that Dany is the one that survives.

I'm assuming she's pregnant, and this show isn't going to run normal-time through a pregnancy for her.

I expect an epilogue for her at the end, with her baby.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see a happy ending for Jon and Dany.

I think between Jon and Dany, that Dany is the one that survives.

I'm assuming she's pregnant, and this show isn't going to run normal-time through a pregnancy for her.

I expect an epilogue for her at the end, with her baby.

I feel like a whole lot of other people would have to die for her to be Queen and everyone be cool with it.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say a lot of things, and they don't always make sense.

Last season in an after show thing they called Benjen "Coldhands" even though he's never been referred to as Coldhands in the show and Coldhands in the books has been confirmed to not be Benjen.
Been a while since I read the books, but didn't it mention (or at least infer) that Coldhands had been around A LOT longer than Benjen has been alive?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a whole lot of other people would have to die for her to be Queen and everyone be cool with it.
Ooh I don't think she ends up being queen. I just think she survives.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran stares at everybody. He's a weirdo now because he knows everything.
57384378_922934877913595_6853512617403613184_n.jpg

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I read the books, but didn't it mention (or at least infer) that Coldhands had been around A LOT longer than Benjen has been alive?
Yes. He's ancient. Rides a giant elk. Talks about his interactions with the Children.

Uncle Benjen is still MIA in the books. I'm wondering how and if he turns up in the new book.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He's ancient. Rides a giant elk. Talks about his interactions with the Children.

Uncle Benjen is still MIA in the books. I'm wondering how and if he turns up in the new book.
That's what I thought.

I'll finish watching the series, since I'm invested, but IMO everything since and including season 4 (specifically 5,6,and 7) has basically been poorly written fan fiction.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show might just be making a nod with Benjen even if it's not same guy

show also left out lady stoneheart

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the big meeting last season, they explain that only dragonglass or Valyrian steel can kill a wight/WW.
If you mean the big meeting at the dragon pit, the youtube clip of that meeting has John explaining that "we can destroy them by burning them...and we can destroy them with dragon glass." He doesn't mention Valyrian steel.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you placed one of the CotF spirals on a map of Westeros with Winterfell at the center, how would it look?

The CotF used dragonglass and/or magic to create the first White Walker.
In response, Bran the Builder probably used magic to build the great wall and halt the WWs.
Could the source of that magic be in the crypts of Winterfell?

The Night King is now moving to take Winterfell to take control of that source.
But, he couldn't get past the wall until Dany was born, birthed her dragons, and as the Qarth wizard said, when her dragons were born, the magic came back or became stronger.

Maybe the spirals represent balance as a way to warn the living. The CotF were losing their battle against the humans and created WW to gain an edge. The humans used magic to retaliate and build the great wall. Maybe balance needs to be restored again and that's why the Night King is marching south.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean the big meeting at the dragon pit, the youtube clip of that meeting has John explaining that "we can destroy them by burning them...and we can destroy them with dragon glass." He doesn't mention Valyrian steel.
Maybe he doesn't because there's not much Valyrian steel out there. That's useful info for, what, 6 people?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. That might be because there are so few pieces of valyrian steel remaining. 10?
There is also the possibility that valyrian steel is made using dragonglass.

Reactions: gob

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the big meeting last season, they explain that only dragonglass or Valyrian steel can kill a wight/WW.

What were Tormund/Jorah/Hound using to fend them off? Sure, the big hammer can break them apart, but Jorah was using two rather small stiletto daggers. Was he ‘killing’ wights or just slowing them down?

Will the Unsullied and Dothraki need dragon glass? Or make do with steel?

Gendry made one axe for The Hound. Do they plan on covering every spear tip and/or scimitar with it????
The weapons they took with them were dragonglass. Not all of them were. They had the mace, and Berics sword, that 'turns on'. They all had dragonglass knives.

ser-jorah-mormont-pulls-out-a-second-dragonglass-dagger.gif

Everyone is going to have dragonglass tips on their spears, knives, swords, arrows. Unsullied won't be much use with steel weapons.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weapons they took with them were dragonglass. Not all of them were. They had the mace, and Berics sword, that 'turns on'. They all had dragonglass knives.

ser-jorah-mormont-pulls-out-a-second-dragonglass-dagger.gif

Everyone is going to have dragonglass tips on their spears, knives, swords, arrows. Unsullied won't be much use with steel weapons.

Thanks SB. Makes sense now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Known valyrian weapons

Valyrian steel

It's not long. 10 weapons where anyone knows about their location. (Plus Dawn, which hasn't factored into the show at all)

They have about half of them in the north for the fight already.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance the NK is actually the victor and hero of the story and The Song of Ice and Fire was written to show the evil of the humans?