• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance the NK is actually the victor and hero of the story and The Song of Ice and Fire was written to show the evil of the humans?

Sure. If balance needs to be restored, maybe he's the prince that was promised.
With all the backstabbing and loss of honor, maybe this is like a purge to help them start over.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he doesn't because there's not much Valyrian steel out there. That's useful info for, what, 6 people?
It's not an issue of there not being enough Valyrian steel, it's an issue of the science and technique being lost to the ages. The possibility remains that it can be rediscovered...whether in some dusty tome in a library somewhere or an accidental rediscovery.

The show has left out quite a few characters (Jon Connington, Lady Stoneheart, Victarion, the Dornish agenda)...and then also disappeared some characters it had introduced (like Quaith and Daario).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have remembered strongly from those in the know......the ending is bittersweet. To me that means at least one of these two dies.

Jon could die again but then someone (Arya? Sam?) shoves a piece of dragonglass into his heart.

He would then have to move north to keep from rotting, so they could both be around but have to say goodbye to one another. Technically, one of them dies, but there are options here.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon could die again but then someone (Arya? Sam?) shoves a piece of dragonglass into his heart.

He would then have to move north to keep from rotting, so they could both be around but have to say goodbye to one another. Technically, one of them dies, but there are options here.
There's GOT lore (actually penned by GRRM) that the Nights King was a Stark. What are the odds that another Stark will take on that role to end the war?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The soldier who just won't quit:

YQjgdoY.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show might just be making a nod with Benjen even if it's not same guy

show also left out lady stoneheart

I know there are plenty of people who loved the LSH character in the books.
I was definitely not among them, and I was really glad it was not included in the show.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I read the books, but didn't it mention (or at least infer) that Coldhands had been around A LOT longer than Benjen has been alive?
Yes

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the spirals represent balance as a way to warn the living. The CotF were losing their battle against the humans and created WW to gain an edge. The humans used magic to retaliate and build the great wall. Maybe balance needs to be restored again and that's why the Night King is marching south.

This is where i'm at. man isn't defeating the WW's. the night king will only go back when humans agree to their demands which i believe is no humans north of the wall and the wall be manned by a stark, who is to keep man from migrating north again.

where i disagree is i don't think the original wall was created by man as legend is telling it. i think the wall was originally created by the night king to keep humans our of the north. not to keep the WW out of the south.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have any doubt that the night king is Danerys brother Viserys. From the day she was given to the barbarian I knew she would get her revenge.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance the NK is actually the victor and hero of the story and The Song of Ice and Fire was written to show the evil of the humans?
I am still rooting for Cersei.

Maybe the NK will "earn" his Queen.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it was a MEH episode relative to the build up.
It wasn't a horrible episode like 50% or more of season 7.
But For a 2 year fan buildup, I honestly expected something amazing and mind blowing brilliant.

Instead, it was about setting up story lines, resetting chess pieces, and updating character locations.
It was necessary I understand...but it was ho-hum.

They needed something anything to happen. And honestly it did not. We really know nothing more than last season.
They should have scrapped the stupid ALADDIN magic carpet ride, and replaced it with one advanced story line.

Even a single cool event could have elevated to greatness instead of just average.
B Minus