• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them titties and that political instinct. She fucked 3 of the 5 kings and took a step up every time.

Brilliant character and it sucks she went the way she did
I hated how that storyline ended. Felt like such lazy writing to just put a bunch of people you didn't know what to do with in a building just to blow it up.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated how that storyline ended. Felt like such lazy writing to just put a bunch of people you didn't know what to do with in a building just to blow it up.
Because thats exactly what it was

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin has more in store for Rickon

I'm gonna guess the end result is the same, another dead Stark, but Rickon may certainly have more to do in the books before he's killed off. This is just a guess, of course, but knowing Martin gave the show-runners an outline of how he was planning on things ending (who knows if he's changed his mind by this point, but they could only go on what they were given), there were some instances where they knew this or that character would die, so went about killing them in their own way.

I didn't mind it so much for two reasons:

1. I thought that scene, the whole opening to that episode, was executed (pardon the pun) brilliantly.

2. It wouldn't surprise me if Cersei got up to some more fun with wildfire before the books are over (beyond what she's already gotten up to with it).

btw - How do y'all deal with book "spoilers" here. Do you just use the spoiler code?

Any non-book readers, don't click on the below unless you want info from the book that isn't in the show.

I don't think she'll stop at burning down the Tower of the Hand

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna guess the end result is the same, another dead Stark, but Rickon may certainly have more to do in the books before he's killed off. This is just a guess, of course, but knowing Martin gave the show-runners an outline of how he was planning on things ending (who knows if he's changed his mind by this point, but they could only go on what they were given), there were some instances where they knew this or that character would die, so went about killing them in their own way.
he may end up dead, but Rickon had a certain darkness to him that I can see playing out much differently in the books. I would like that to develop a little more. Even in the show, he was creepy as fuck and they never did much with him. They should have

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he may end up dead, but Rickon had a certain darkness to him that I can see playing out much differently in the books. I would like that to develop a little more. Even in the show, he was creepy as fuck and they never did much with him. They should have

In my view, not much was done with Rickon (at least so far) in the books, either. If I had to choose between more Rickon development and some of the characters introduced in AFFC or ADWD, I'd choose more Rickon development every day and twice on Sundays.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl crossover ad with Bud Light:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl crossover ad with Bud Light:

I'm pretty pissed we got this instead of a trailer. I had convinced myself we were getting something during the SB to the point where I was looking forward to it more than the game

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty pissed we got this instead of a trailer. I had convinced myself we were getting something during the SB to the point where I was looking forward to it more than the game
I knew we wouldn't get a trailer. I enjoyed this little crossover for what it was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole Mountain/Oberon thing was a bit brutal for that timeslot, but only for those familiar with the reference. I was I room full of people who don’t watch GoT, and they didn’t really understand the ad...

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole Mountain/Oberon thing was a bit brutal for that timeslot, but only for those familiar with the reference. I was I room full of people who don’t watch GoT, and they didn’t really understand the ad...
This was my biggest issue, from an advertising point. Yeah, fans immediately recognized the Rains of Castamere on the trumpets and could deduce it was the mountain before it was shown to be....and then we knew what was coming. That was awesome for fans, but, would be a head scratcher for non-fans. Then, Drogon showing up and burning everything made no sense either way, and was, I assume just a big CGI "kewl moment" to entice new fans.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a dumb commercial.

George liked it. jerk

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. There's TWO more books he had to finish.