• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. Someone is going to have to tell them that the Night King has a dragon. If Tormund or Beric survived (I imagine one or both of them did) they would send word to Winterfell that shit is going down.

Is the plan for Dany to travel to Winterfell by horse? Is she leaving the dragons behind?

She agreed to go to Winterfell by boat with Jon over swooping in like a conqueror on Drogon.

White Harbor I think is where the boat goes. Isn't that close to the wall? It felt like setting up something there.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. Someone is going to have to tell them that the Night King has a dragon. If Tormund or Beric survived (I imagine one or both of them did) they would send word to Winterfell that shit is going down.

Is the plan for Dany to travel to Winterfell by horse? Is she leaving the dragons behind?

It won't take long before the living find out that the dead have a dragon. I have a theory about the NK flying around and raising more dead for his army.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Jaime won't bother to bring a ballista with him. That's a dragon specific weapon, and he doesn't know he has to fight a dragon yet.

Dany will go by boat to White Harbor. The dragons we can assume will follow the fleet. She just won't enter the north riding one, for the optics.

The thing that Jaime has over all others is his ability to be a tactician in battle. He can have one made once he figures out what is what. He has the knowledge of the weapon and now the dragonglass info. How can he not get the maestros to building these?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She could argue a case that he had a hand in Myrcella's death but the reasoning was wrong. She suggested that killing Tywin led to both of their deaths. Basically saying that if Tywin was still alive that he would have stopped Cersei from fucking things up in KIng's Landing which led to the death of her other 2 kids so it's Tyrion's fault. Not only is that inaccurate but its hypocritical. I don't think it's a plot-hole though and Cersei is intended to come off as irrational. She always blamed Tyrion for killing their mother and for just about everything so it's not out of character for her.

But she had a much better argument for blaming him for Myrcella. That of course being that Tyrion was the one who sent Myrcella to Dorne in the first place. It does seem like a bonehead move. Myrcella was a pawn to find out which of the council members was spying on him, but that didn't mean he actually had to follow through with the plan he told Pycelle (the one who was leaking information to Cersei). That being said, Myrcella seemed to be safe in Dorne until Oberyn was killed. Aside from Oberyn himself as well as the Mountain, you could make a case for about half a dozen other characters indirectly having a hand in Oberyn's death, including Cersei. She was the the who immediately accused Tyrion for Joffrey's death and then along with Tywin seemed to be stacking the deck against him which ultimately led to the trial by combat.

Of course, all of that was probably too much information for irrational Cersei to process. Unlike Arya blaming Sansa for stuff that really didn't make sense, it fit Cersei's character here to blame Tyrion even though the viewer knows she's not making much sense.

Oh yeah, I wasn't suggesting it was a plot hole. Was actually just questioning her logic in accusing Tyrion of Tommen's death... Myrcella, as you mention, makes more sense as it was he who sent her out of Cersei's sphere of influence and out of the reach of her protection.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that Jaime has over all others is his ability to be a tactician in battle. He can have one made once he figures out what is what. He has the knowledge of the weapon and now the dragonglass info. How can he not get the maestros to building these?
Sure, he could do that. But it takes time for someone to figure out how to build one, or to actually do the construction.

Will they have time to make one once Jaime realizes they need it?

So I'm imagining three scenarios.

1. Drogon bites his head off.
2. Jaime tries to do the lance charge again, but this time succeeds with a dragonglass tipped lance.
3. Dragonrider Jon is locked in battle with the NK. His dragon is mortally wounded, but Jon leaps off his dragon and stabs Viserion with his sword, killing it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he could do that. But it takes time for someone to figure out how to build one, or to actually do the construction.

2. Jaime tries to do the lance charge again, but this time succeeds with a dragonglass tipped lance.
3. Dragonrider Jon is locked in battle with the NK. His dragon is mortally wounded, but Jon leaps off his dragon and stabs Viserion with his sword, killing it.

With the amount of time it takes the WW to get to Winterfell I think they have the time to build just about any weapon.

Or I could say "Shit man time don't mean notin' in this realm"

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Am I the only one thinking "Wizard of Oz Witch on a Broom" when they show Dany or the NK riding a dragon? The dragons look amazing until the put someone on top of them.

2. Kind of don't much care about the army of the dead. As some have opined already, the game of thrones is more interesting. I'm more than a bit worried that they will have to finish both plot lines in 6 episodes. Since this is the ONLY payoff we will get with this story (fuck you ya lazy fat hobbit) I really worry that it's going to be too rushed.

3. Really miss Ghost. I understand why they aren't using him but I always felt like the wolves had a large role to play. Ghost not being with Jon beyond they wall was a massive hole IMHO. Maybe unavoidable, but a hole none the less.

4. If Tyrion switches sides that will be disappointing and a major fuckup (whether it's the lazy fat hobbit fucking it up or the show runners). That would be so out of character for Tyrion to be that stupid. It would invalidate almost everything he's said and done up to this point.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have played up the giant crossbow. Will Jaime get one made tipped with dragon glass to take care of the NK's new toy?

Smaug Part Deux.... How original, eh?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somebody, don't know if it will be Jon or Bran, is warging into a dragon.
Book it....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of time it takes the WW to get to Winterfell I think they have the time to build just about any weapon.

The wights ran faster than Jon and his men in an effort to surround them.
Yet, they walk everywhere else.
Double time, you lazy bags o' bones!

Nun of it mattuhs... the great wahr is cummin'.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing better happen to Tormund till I get my Brienne sex scene!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wights ran faster than Jon and his men in an effort to surround them.
Yet, they walk everywhere else.
Double time, you lazy bags o' bones!

Nun of it mattuhs... the great wahr is cummin'.

Eh yeah... Saw the "Chains" redux somewhere where it was questioned, "If the dead can't go in water, as they tell Euron (And we have no reason to believe they lied), we're back to the ole, 'How did they get the chains on the dragon?' question, aren't we?" ...

I know, I know.... I'm past that, but still... LOL!!!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dragons would be unable to fly period, they're simply too large. I believe the largest flying is bird is roughly ~30lbs. I don't think we need to worry about holes in the wing, reality has already been suspended

I mean, where does it store the fire it breathes?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we're all gathered at Winterfell.
What strategy would you recommend to our heroes?

1. As soon as someone dies, we have to burn them.
2. Somebody kill some animals so the Dothraki will have something to wear and not freeze to death.
3. Bran, go into the future and let us know how this first part goes.... wut? what do you mean it doesn't work like that?
4. Jon, don't do something stupid....
5. (keep it going)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh yeah... Saw the "Chains" redux somewhere where it was questioned, "If the dead can't go in water, as they tell Euron (And we have no reason to believe they lied), we're back to the ole, 'How did they get the chains on the dragon?' question, aren't we?" ...

I know, I know.... I'm past that, but still... LOL!!!

They can go in the water, but I would imagine they would be terrible at swimming and/or staying afloat.
Two went in the water and managed to try and drag Tormund down.
Essentially, I would imagine they go straight to the bottom, then walk around until they hit land.
That's why they didn't chase after Jon when he left Kings Landing.
Jon just assumes they cannot go in the water.

Of course, if Night's King=Bran, then killing Jon then and there would mean no dragon later, so there's room for interpretation there.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dragons would be unable to fly period, they're simply too large. I believe the largest flying is bird is roughly ~30lbs. I don't think we need to worry about holes in the wing, reality has already been suspended

I mean, where does it store the fire it breathes?

That's easy : tiny jet fighters equipped with flamethrowers emerge from the mouth and dispense justice (sorry, just saw that commercial where the dog eats the one jet at the end)

In fantasy reality : liquid magma digestive juices (hey, if the alien from Alien can have acid for blood....)
I still think they got it wrong in that dragon blood should burn anything it touches. When Viserion got speared, the blood that came out should have torched the wights it touched, maybe even some of Snowcean's Seven (Six) that were on the ground; would have added another element to the mysticism of dragons that they have some kind of magma blood. Plus, who doesn't like saying 'magma'.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we're all gathered at Winterfell.
What strategy would you recommend to our heroes?

1. As soon as someone dies, we have to burn them.
2. Somebody kill some animals so the Dothraki will have something to wear and not freeze to death.
3. Bran, go into the future and let us know how this first part goes.... wut? what do you mean it doesn't work like that?
4. Jon, don't do something stupid....
5. (keep it going)
6) Send Rheagal to torch Euron's fleet so we don't have to fuck with that guy anymore... Though it is Euron, he could literally be anywhere... :D

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Times running out. And the dragon will travel fast. They don't have the time.

We need to get the anti-climax of beating the Night King before finishing the story up in Kings Landing against Cersei.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's easy : tiny jet fighters equipped with flamethrowers emerge from the mouth and dispense justice (sorry, just saw that commercial where the dog eats the one jet at the end)

In fantasy reality : liquid magma digestive juices (hey, if the alien from Alien can have acid for blood....)
I still think they got it wrong in that dragon blood should burn anything it touches. When Viserion got speared, the blood that came out should have torched the wights it touched, maybe even some of Snowcean's Seven (Six) that were on the ground; would have added another element to the mysticism of dragons that they have some kind of magma blood. Plus, who doesn't like saying 'magma'.
I think it's more like explosive gasses in glands that they expel. Kind of like a bombardier beetle acid. Just in this case dragons also have the ability to make a spark.