• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confirm the above statement. It was frustrating having to read those chapters. I put them on a lower level than the chapters on the iron islands characters.

But remember books 4 and 5 happened in parallel. I wouldn't be surprised to see them scrap a lot of characters from book 4 and instead opt to do the two books together in one season.

If they pair down the final 2 books, the show can cut out quite a bit w/o missing any big events. As you said, the books are written awkwardly with 1/2 the characters being in book 4 and the other 1/2 being in the first half of book 5 acting simultaneously. However they get it to work, I'm sure it will be great. The show really is high quality and as of now, my only concern is Martin's writing pace and whether or not he can stay ahead of the show.

It would be absolutely ideal if he could wrap up his next book by the end of this season (not gonna happen), but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he can finish up and have the book released just prior to the start of Season 5. That should bolster both his book sales and the show enthusiasm...it should also give him a few years to wrap up the series.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pair down the final 2 books, the show can cut out quite a bit w/o missing any big events. As you said, the books are written awkwardly with 1/2 the characters being in book 4 and the other 1/2 being in the first half of book 5 acting simultaneously. However they get it to work, I'm sure it will be great. The show really is high quality and as of now, my only concern is Martin's writing pace and whether or not he can stay ahead of the show.

It would be absolutely ideal if he could wrap up his next book by the end of this season (not gonna happen), but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he can finish up and have the book released just prior to the start of Season 5. That should bolster both his book sales and the show enthusiasm...it should also give him a few years to wrap up the series.

I think the show can and will make it work. They've added some great scenes to the show that weren't part of the books, but don't contradict the story in the books either. I'm really excited to see more of Ramsay this season!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, now I get it. You down voted the joke I thought was funny. To each his own :suds:

He's right to down vote it. I kind of spoiled the whole season for people who didn't read the books.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right to down vote it. I kind of spoiled the whole season for people who didn't read the books.

At least you left out the part about how it was the sled that was named Rosebud.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a boring episode but it's good to see Joffrey go down. I'm not sure how they think Tyrion was to blame when he was the center of attention during the whole ordeal.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been reading the books since 1996, and had to wait the decade for the last few

part of me wants to give everything away in this thread....

...but i won't.

all that will do is recommend that anybody reading the series just skip all of book 4, and all of book 5 except the last 3 chapters. you won't miss much. martin lost control of the series badly. it's barely decent reading.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a boring episode but it's good to see Joffrey go down. I'm not sure how they think Tyrion was to blame when he was the center of attention during the whole ordeal.

Because Cercei always gets what she wants, and she hates her brother. You'll get more pissed off about it as the season progresses.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been reading the books since 1996, and had to wait the decade for the last few

part of me wants to give everything away in this thread....

...but i won't.

all that will do is recommend that anybody reading the series just skip all of book 4, and all of book 5 except the last 3 chapters. you won't miss much. martin lost control of the series badly. it's barely decent reading.

I thought book 5 was great from the start... but perhaps that's because book 4 was so boring?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book 4 isnt boring once you get to know the Martels and Grayjoys

Jaime and Brienne are fantastic

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book 4 isnt boring once you get to know the Martels and Grayjoys

Jaime and Brienne are fantastic

I liked book 4 for the most part. Didn't mind the Martell chapters much at all. The Greyjoy chapters went on a bit too long I thought. I probably could have done with 1 fewer Greyjoy uncle being a feature character.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought book 5 was great from the start... but perhaps that's because book 4 was so boring?

I feel the same way. Four was much duller than the other books, but nobody told me that they cut out half the characters so the whole time reading it I was wondering WTF Martin was doing.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodnight Jeoffrey. Cya little bitch.

And yep, unfortunately Tyrion will be one of the primarily whipping posts this season. Cersi will continue to work him over.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodnight Jeoffrey. Cya little bitch.

And yep, unfortunately Tyrion will be one of the primarily whipping posts this season. Cersi will continue to work him over.

I thought they did it pretty well on screen. The non-readers are going to be playing a "who done it" hopefully for another episode or 2.

Good episode. Weddings are dangerous in Westeros.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they did it pretty well on screen. The non-readers are going to be playing a "who done it" hopefully for another episode or 2.

Good episode. Weddings are dangerous in Westeros.

Probably that shifty eyed guy who high-tailed it out of there or that prince who came for the wedding looking for revenge.