• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Joffrey dies I'll be happy. The sooner the better.

I'm probably 1 of the few people who disagrees with this. I mean, if he was an actual person I would despise him. But as a TV character, I love watching him as well as his grandfather. They both make great villains.

That being said, I loved Viserys as a villain in season 1. I hadn't started to read the books yet then so I thought he was going to be the shows main villain. His death was awesome but I was sad to see him go. After her died that was when Joffrey really started to take over.

Not gonna spoil anything but I'm just gonna say that no matter what happens to Joffrey, there will be no shortage of great villains going forward. 1 long time character is about to step up his game a bit as a manipulative villain, and another 1 that we've seen a bit of I think is really going to steal the show this season!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really pumped to meet the Martells this season, especially Oberyn aka "The Red Viper".

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The producers have made it be known that the presentation of scope will be much bigger given the content and the bigger budget. Expect more landscape shots of the cities and the Great Wall.

Not really spoilers, but the producers did mention these about Season 4:

Dany isn't so sweet anymore. Her army and dragons start laying siege to cities to build up her army.

Arya Stark is featured predominately. Her evolution into a badass killing machine excellerates.

And what they describe as a battle that involved even more production and cost than the naval attack on Kings landing, is most of the last episode of the season which will deal with the wildlings and white walkers attack on the Great Wall. Jon Snow and what's left of the nights watch will be doing what they can to defend it.

Multiple important characters will die this season. Get ready for a big body count.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the premier was great. I've read all the books multiple times, can't get enough of it tbh.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. It's going to kill anything else on TV this year, especially since its not going up against the walking dead (which I think is a garbage show anyhow, but they do split viewership).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The producers have made it be known that the presentation of scope will be much bigger given the content and the bigger budget. Expect more landscape shots of the cities and the Great Wall.

Not really spoilers, but the producers did mention these about Season 4:

Dany isn't so sweet anymore. Her army and dragons start laying siege to cities to build up her army.

Arya Stark is featured predominately. Her evolution into a badass killing machine excellerates.

And what they describe as a battle that involved even more production and cost than the naval attack on Kings landing, is most of the last episode of the season which will deal with the wildlings and white walkers attack on the Great Wall. Jon Snow and what's left of the nights watch will be doing what they can to defend it.

Multiple important characters will die this season. Get ready for a big body count.
That's good to hear because she is one of my favorite characters.

It's about time Dany stopped dicking around.

The Wildlings' attack on the wall will be epic.

HBO Go was turrrrrrrble last night. I couldn't get the website or my smart tv app to stream it (probably from so many people using it at once) until after the original premiere ended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to hear because she is one of my favorite characters.

It's about time Dany stopped dicking around.

The Wildlings' attack on the wall will be epic.

HBO Go was turrrrrrrble last night. I couldn't get the website or my smart tv app to stream it (probably from so many people using it at once) until after the original premiere ended.

I've heard that too. I was lucky and got to view the show in real time on HBO, but I can imagine it was getting bombarded with requests last night.

The Dany saga will be interesting. Up to this point she has just been sacking cities and moving on. Hasn't had to rule anything. Its a major bog down in the books.

Arya's storyline is great, I'm really excited to see it on screen, especially her scenes with the Hound.

The Wall scenes will be great and I'm hoping they can spice up Bran's scenes because they have been pretty slow on screen so far (they are pretty slow in the books too).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that too. I was lucky and got to view the show in real time on HBO, but I can imagine it was getting bombarded with requests last night.

The Dany saga will be interesting. Up to this point she has just been sacking cities and moving on. Hasn't had to rule anything. Its a major bog down in the books.

Arya's storyline is great, I'm really excited to see it on screen, especially her scenes with the Hound.

The Wall scenes will be great and I'm hoping they can spice up Bran's scenes because they have been pretty slow on screen so far (they are pretty slow in the books too).
The funny thing is I was streaming The Hangover 3 on HBO Go beforehand to kill time. As soon as I hit the back button (which will happen with the not-so-smart TVs) the app crashed and there was no going back after that.

I haven't read the books yet but it seems like the writer is waiting for the dragons to be grown until she gets towards King's Landing. Aren't they currently searching for ships?

Arya has the most interesting Stark storyline. My second favorite is Tyrion (it seems like he is the favorite with most people I talk to).

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff last night. Loved the Hound and Arya scenes. The Hound is my favorite character. Don't read the books. Hope he's around for awhile.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I was streaming The Hangover 3 on HBO Go beforehand to kill time. As soon as I hit the back button (which will happen with the not-so-smart TVs) the app crashed and there was no going back after that.

I haven't read the books yet but it seems like the writer is waiting for the dragons to be grown until she gets towards King's Landing. Aren't they currently searching for ships?

Arya has the most interesting Stark storyline. My second favorite is Tyrion (it seems like he is the favorite with most people I talk to).

There's certainly an element of time kill associated with the size of the dragons. Also, in the books the author ran into a bit of a wall. He let the characters get separated pretty far out and had to find a way to kind of bring em all back together for the final push towards the end of the storyline. Its infamously called the Meereenese Knot. He seemingly has solved the riddle and is well on his way to wrapping this thing up. The 6th book is supposedly coming out sometime next year (hopefully), which should give the author another 3 years (starting today) or so to finish up his final book and wrap this whole thing up. Ive heard the show runners aren't intending to make the show any more than 7 seasons long.

If you have extra time to kill, I'd highly recommend purchasing the books and giving them a run through. :suds:

Also, Tyrion and Arya are easily my favorite main characters. Jon Snow is a distant 3rd for me.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how you can be a bookfag with Arya as fav character. Shes got like 2 chapters in the last 2 books

Also Dany is rly boring from here until end of book 5.. if you think shes been dicking around before.. smh

Jon is the main character and is awesome.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how you can be a bookfag with Arya as fav character. Shes got like 2 chapters in the last 2 books

Also Dany is rly boring from here until end of book 5.. if you think shes been dicking around before.. smh

Arya has quite a number of chapters I thought. Haven't read the last 2 books in a while.

BTW, the premier apparently got 8.2 million TV viewers sunday. Record for the show and 2nd most ever for an HBO show (only behind the Sopranos finale). When you take into account the HBO Go and subsequent views the rest of the week I'd bet its around 15 million, which is huge for cable.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I confirm the above statement. It was frustrating having to read those chapters. I put them on a lower level than the chapters on the iron islands characters.

But remember books 4 and 5 happened in parallel. I wouldn't be surprised to see them scrap a lot of characters from book 4 and instead opt to do the two books together in one season.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until Gandalf leads his army of Jedi Knights over The Wall. The Cylon invasion of Hogwarts will be sweet too. Gonna be shocking when Spock dies though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until Gandalf leads his army of Jedi Knights over The Wall. The Cylon invasion of Hogwarts will be sweet too. Gonna be shocking when Spock dies though.

Incredible kneeslapper. Thanks for sharing.