• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Balls anyone?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been rough on Khaseem Greene too, as anyone who was on KFFL can attest. Million-dollar ability with no idea what to do with it.

If the light bulb has actually come on for him, though, that's got the potential to be freaking huge.

Agreed. And I also hated him last year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I never put too much stock in last year's play from the LBs, considering how poor the front four was.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First was the linebackers. Second was Alshon for that spectacular piroette adjustment he had to make running top speed to catch the underthrown bomb. :L

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First was the linebackers. Second was Alshon for that spectacular piroette adjustment he had to make running top speed to catch the underthrown bomb. :L

...I'm...not... gonna...say...anything.
:gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother gives complements like that. O the memory's.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If yer gonna crucify him when he plays shitty, you need to be able to acknowledge when he plays great.

Tough to criticize too much this week, when he's the yards leader and 2nd in rating for the week, no?:noidea:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If yer gonna crucify him when he plays shitty, you need to be able to acknowledge when he plays great.

Tough to criticize too much this week, when he's the yards leader and 2nd in rating for the week, no?:noidea:

Wrong emoticon? Geez. Does anyone remember laughter?

I dont crucify him when he plays shitty, I just jump on the nut huggers when they defend him when he plays shitty.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this devolves into something stupid, can't we all just agree that Jay Cutler/Alshon Jeffery bomb was both:

a) underthrown
b) a great pass

Hey, it would've been great if AJ could have gotten it in stride, but the fact that Jay got him the ball that far down the field without DB's draped all over Alshon is pretty great. I'd have to take a second look at the actual play, but I'm willing to bet that Jay looked off one or both of the safeties for Alshon to be that open.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, am I a nut hugger?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this devolves into something stupid, can't we all just agree that Jay Cutler/Alshon Jeffery bomb was both:

a) underthrown
b) a great pass

Hey, it would've been great if AJ could have gotten it in stride, but the fact that Jay got him the ball that far down the field without DB's draped all over Alshon is pretty great. I'd have to take a second look at the actual play, but I'm willing to bet that Jay looked off one or both of the safeties for Alshon to be that open.

Underthrown.

A lot of deep balls to wide open receivers are. I think the logic is that he's so damn wide open, that it's better to make sure you get the ball to him for a big gain, as opposed to trying to put the ball perfectly on the spot to him in stride and risking an overthrow. Hoyer did the exact same thing to Jordan Cameron this week when he had no one within 15 yards of him. I've seen Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc… and any QB you could possibly name do it.

It's just a douchey thing to mention when handing out your theoretical game balls. Pretty obvious he was just doing it to be an ass.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong emoticon? Geez. Does anyone remember laughter?

I dont crucify him when he plays shitty, I just jump on the nut huggers when they defend him when he plays shitty.

Oh yeah. No… totally man. Totally.

You going out of your way to mention an under throw on a 76 yard completion by Jay to Alshon, in a game where he played great isn't AT AAAALLL looking desperately for any reason to criticize Cutler. You're being really, really fair.

The "nut huggers" are such morons for defending Jay after a bad game, but you're not a douchebag at all for finding the most tedious reason to criticize him after a good one.

I also love the fact that in the majority of threads you "jump on the nut huggers for defending Jay", it's you who initiates the Cutler conversation. Hmm… what an odd coincidence.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Cutty

Defense: Kyle Fuller**

**The LB corps. and the front four deserve a lot of credit, but the kid is playing like a Pro Bowl lock down corner right now, and he did it again Sunday. Kid's fo real

I said it early on, if someone gets hurt, and Fuller steps in, its Fuller job.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope if they dont stick with the LBs that were out there last game, they need rotate them at least. They played within the defense, filled running lanes, covered receivers, and seemed like they had been playing together all season. No reason why we can rotate a little in the LB core, that is if it wasnt just a fluke that our back ups were better than our starters.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope if they dont stick with the LBs that were out there last game, they need rotate them at least. They played within the defense, filled running lanes, covered receivers, and seemed like they had been playing together all season. No reason why we can rotate a little in the LB core, that is if it wasnt just a fluke that our back ups were better than our starters.

I agree, if we can watch the 300 pound defensive tackles sprinting to the sidelines to switch in a series, there is no reason the linebackers cant go too. Briggs is not practicing, Shea and Bostic are.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underthrown.

A lot of deep balls to wide open receivers are. I think the logic is that he's so damn wide open, that it's better to make sure you get the ball to him for a big gain, as opposed to trying to put the ball perfectly on the spot to him in stride and risking an overthrow. Hoyer did the exact same thing to Jordan Cameron this week when he had no one within 15 yards of him. I've seen Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc… and any QB you could possibly name do it.

It's just a douchey thing to mention when handing out your theoretical game balls. Pretty obvious he was just doing it to be an ass.

I am not talking about other quarterbacks that cannot make the throw, I am talking about our QB that couldnt make the throw.

I guess I am the only one here that didnt sigh and say, wow, what a fucking adjustment by alshon? You do realize that pass would not be completed without the effort by the receiver right?

Sad part, I eeemmediately started thinking, how are the huggers gonna give Jay all the credit for this one. Damn Alshon, you ran too fast, you should have been over a yard, should have been turned toward the sideline, (not realizing the DB was there) Alshon purposely made Jay look bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the short run, that only keeps all of the LBs fresher and healthier down the stretch. In the long run, it gives us a chance to evaluate LBs 5-7 so we can make more educated decisions on how to prioritize a LB in the draft and how to allocate our FA money. One game is a small sample size, but these guys earned an extended look and its to the team's benefit to give it to them.