• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Balls anyone?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about other quarterbacks that cannot make the throw, I am talking about our QB that couldnt make the throw.

I guess I am the only one here that didnt sigh and say, wow, what a fucking adjustment by alshon? You do realize that pass would not be completed without the effort by the receiver right?

Sad part, I eeemmediately started thinking, how are the huggers gonna give Jay all the credit for this one. Damn Alshon, you ran too fast, you should have been over a yard, should have been turned toward the sideline, (not realizing the DB was there) Alshon purposely made Jay look bad.

So your marginalizing Jay's game against Atlanta because there was a 70 yard completion where he didn't hit the receiver in stride? I just want to make sure I have it right.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about other quarterbacks that cannot make the throw, I am talking about our QB that couldnt make the throw.

I guess I am the only one here that didnt sigh and say, wow, what a fucking adjustment by alshon? You do realize that pass would not be completed without the effort by the receiver right?

Sad part, I eeemmediately started thinking, how are the huggers gonna give Jay all the credit for this one. Damn Alshon, you ran too fast, you should have been over a yard, should have been turned toward the sideline, (not realizing the DB was there) Alshon purposely made Jay look bad.

What a load of BS. Please give this tired agenda of yours a rest already.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharpton played the best of any LB on our team that I've seen all season. Unselfish, aggressive and FAST. One thing I like in Thayer's breakdown, was Sharpton blowing up their fullback on run plays. Gets no credit for the stop, no stats to speak of, but the stops were primarily due to him. Downhill quickly, in the right gaps, and destroying the guy in said gap. I would really like to see him get more time.

Read yesterday, that he was Al Sharpton's nephew er' some shit!?

We won't hold that against him. :whistle:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Her shoulda thrown it sooner, not further:L On that line or rout, if he throws it further, it is out of fucking bounds.

Alshon Jeffery Burns the Falcons for a 74-Yard Reception

Watch again

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, it was the play-of-the-game. Literally. Took all the wind out of Atlanta's sails, they were done at that point.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your marginalizing Jay's game against Atlanta because there was a 70 yard completion where he didn't hit the receiver in stride? I just want to make sure I have it right.

No, I just simply wrote that Alshon should receive a game ball for that catch.

Its the nut huggers that are blaming me for calling out jay, not commending Alshon for the catch. But low and behold, I"M THE GUY STARTING SHIT AGAIN!!!!!

Its a fucking joke, that a fucking joke needs this much explaination. I even added an emoticon to show it was sarcastic.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharpton played the best of any LB on our team that I've seen all season. Unselfish, aggressive and FAST. One thing I like in Thayer's breakdown, was Sharpton blowing up their fullback on run plays. Gets no credit for the stop, no stats to speak of, but the stops were primarily due to him. Downhill quickly, in the right gaps, and destroying the guy in said gap. I would really like to see him get more time.

Read yesterday, that he was Al Sharpton's nephew er' some shit!?

We won't hold that against him. :whistle:

I said it was the best middle linebacker play I have seen by a bear in two years. He was hitting the hole harder than the running back was hitting it. Maybe they can move DJ to Briggs spot if they are gonna play Shea this week and Lance is still out. I would hope he at least gets some snaps.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its the nut huggers that are blaming me for calling out jay, not commending Alshon for the catch. But low and behold, I"M THE GUY STARTING SHIT AGAIN!!!!!

Its a fucking joke, that a fucking joke needs this much explaination. I even added an emoticon to show it was sarcastic.

In fairness, you even admitted it was the wrong emoticon. A facepalm doesn't exactly denote sarcasm.

I don't really care, either way. Was it a perfect throw? Nahh, but it got the job done and was a HUGE play in the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what it's worth... here is the PFF breakdown of the game. They gave the game ball to... Jay Cutler.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/13/refo-bears-falcons-week-6/

Another interesting note though... one of the worst performances of the game according to PFF was Jake Matthews who had the lowest grade of any OT this week. This is sort of a nod to Jared Allen.

Regarding Cutler, they point out he was 3 for 5 on passes over 20 yards and had only one pass touched by a Falcon. They said it was one of the most efficient games of his career.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well against the Falcons and getting the W makes the choke jobs in the Buffalo and Carolina games even more frustrating. Could be sitting here at 5-1 - instead we're 3-3 and making the playoffs might seem like a pipe dream at this point having to win so many games in the 2nd half of the season. We'll see.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different tangent: WB, it doesn't look like Cutler had a safety to look off, since the play action appeared to sucker them.

Yeah, I just saw the link Beardown posted. He looked at Jeffery down the field, but the play action seemed to sucker the safeties to play the run.

We'll have to make a John Madden-like equation in the spirit of "one knee equals two feet." How about "play action equals looking off."

Either way, well done Marc Trestman and Jay Cutler. Nicely designed and well executed.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well against the Falcons and getting the W makes the choke jobs in the Buffalo and Carolina games even more frustrating. Could be sitting here at 5-1 - instead we're 3-3 and making the playoffs might seem like a pipe dream at this point having to win so many games in the 2nd half of the season. We'll see.

Yep. But let's hope we're seeing a bumpy progression in a marriage between Cutler and Trestman. I suspect we may see a few more bumps in the road, but hopefully by the end of the season they start to mesh where Cutler starts to trust Trestman and Trestman, with a better understanding of Cutler, starts to design plays to Cutler's strengths and tendencies.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But let's hope we're seeing a bumpy progression in a marriage between Cutler and Trestman. I suspect we may see a few more bumps in the road, but hopefully by the end of the season they start to mesh where Cutler starts to trust Trestman and Trestman, with a better understanding of Cutler, starts to design plays to Cutler's strengths and tendencies.

I thought that was supposed to be one of Trestman's strengths as HC and brilliant offensive mind. If he hasn't been designing plays to Cutler's strengths and tendancies up to this poing - then shame on him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was supposed to be one of Trestman's strengths as HC and brilliant offensive mind. If he hasn't been designing plays to Cutler's strengths and tendancies up to this poing - then shame on him.

Honestly, I don't think Buffalo or Carolina had as much to do with Trestman or Trestman not being on the same page as Cutler as it had to do with poor execution on the players' parts. I don't think Cutler's picks in those games were anything more than bad decisions on his part. Just like in the Atlanta game when he throw the ball away to live for another play... those were simply good decisions on his part. After the Buffalo game, Cutler was on a pretty good run with his decision making. Hopefully the Carolina meltdown set him on a similar run that will last for some more games.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underthrown.

A lot of deep balls to wide open receivers are. I think the logic is that he's so damn wide open, that it's better to make sure you get the ball to him for a big gain, as opposed to trying to put the ball perfectly on the spot to him in stride and risking an overthrow. Hoyer did the exact same thing to Jordan Cameron this week when he had no one within 15 yards of him. I've seen Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc… and any QB you could possibly name do it.

It's just a douchey thing to mention when handing out your theoretical game balls. Pretty obvious he was just doing it to be an ass.

The ball was under thrown, but as you stated that happens... A lot. Thank God we have Jeffrey on the other end of the pass, and A QB willing to throw it. I'm not a huge fan of Cutler, but c'mon... Give credit where credit is due.

:agree:

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think Buffalo or Carolina had as much to do with Trestman or Trestman not being on the same page as Cutler as it had to do with poor execution on the players' parts. I don't think Cutler's picks in those games were anything more than bad decisions on his part. Just like in the Atlanta game when he throw the ball away to live for another play... those were simply good decisions on his part. After the Buffalo game, Cutler was on a pretty good run with his decision making. Hopefully the Carolina meltdown set him on a similar run that will last for some more games.

I wasn't trying to say that Trestman should take the blame for Cutler's INT's. Although I will say this, Tramon Williams said he knew what routes the receivers were going to run based on the Bears formations which is why he was able to jump that slant route and force that 1st interception. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Cutler should be held responsible for throwing the most untimely INT's to ruin the team's chance of winning against Buffalo and against Carolina.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball was under thrown, but as you stated that happens... A lot. Thank God we have Jeffrey on the other end of the pass, and A QB willing to throw it. I'm not a huge fan of Cutler, but c'mon... Give credit where credit is due.

:agree:

That's all I'm saying.

It was just a cheap shot, and totally for the sake of being a dick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to say that Trestman should take the blame for Cutler's INT's. Although I will say this, Tramon Williams said he knew what routes the receivers were going to run based on the Bears formations which is why he was able to jump that slant route and force that 1st interception. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Cutler should be held responsible for throwing the most untimely INT's to ruin the team's chance of winning against Buffalo and against Carolina.

Absolutely.

Green Bay as well. One of them may have been on Brandon, but the other certainly wasn't.

And I'm a Cutler fan, but I'll never be sold that he's "on a role" with his decision making. He's shown in the past that he can make the right throws, but it just seems that it's those one or two throws every couple of games that appear out of nowhere at times. It will likely always be this way. I hope I am wrong.

At least the one thing I have noticed, is that it's been since the GB Thursday night game in 2011 that Cutler has really had a "total meltdown" type game, where it all completely got away from him. A lot of that, I'm sure has to do with the talent he has around him now. But he used to throw an INT early, and then it could unravel so quick. He seems to have a more level head now. Which is a sign of growth.

But still… the INTs he has thrown this year have just been so-so costly.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Green Bay as well. One of them may have been on Brandon, but the other certainly wasn't.

And I'm a Cutler fan, but I'll never be sold that he's "on a role" with his decision making. He's shown in the past that he can make the right throws, but it just seems that it's those one or two throws every couple of games that appear out of nowhere at times. It will likely always be this way. I hope I am wrong.

At least the one thing I have noticed, is that it's been since the GB Thursday night game in 2011 that Cutler has really had a "total meltdown" type game, where it all completely got away from him. A lot of that, I'm sure has to do with the talent he has around him now. But he used to throw an INT early, and then it could unravel so quick. He seems to have a more level head now. Which is a sign of growth.

But still… the INTs he has thrown this year have just been so-so costly.

Agreed. And that's why I'm more impressed with the balls that he didn't throw or the balls he threw away during the Atlanta game than the massive yardage he accumulated. It's those crucial plays where if he makes the wrong decision and tries to force the ball in places that he shouldn't, it has a good chance in changing the outcome of the game. Sadly he (or any QB) can be having a great game, but if he throws a dumb INT, all the good plays have been nullified especially if it results in a loss.

Is it fair? Probably not, but that's the QB position. You get to ride the highs of being a hero and the lows of being the goat.

A brief aside......I was under the impression that Jay was suffering from some type of QB PTSD because of the lack of offensive line talent he had in front of him for the first 4 years he played here in Chicago (people may laugh, but I'm serious). His lack of discipline and fundamentals came from the fact that as soon as the ball was snapped, he had to run for his fricken' life. I'm not blaming him for that....that's just human nature, it's a survival instinct kicking in.

So when Trestman came to Chicago, I was really hoping he could help Jay get back into the swing of things and not to react so frantically when things break down. Last game showed that it was possible.