• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game at RFK Stadium

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent Redskins focus group found that a number of panelists wanted to see a game at RFK Stadium just for fun.

What do you think? Would it ever happen?

Personally, I'd LOVE to go see it since I was just a little too young during the RFK era. I also think this would do HUGE things for Snyder's perception among the fans.

But I don't think it will happen because the perception among the fans about $nyder is correct.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome thought, I don't know how it would happen with the greedy business side of things though.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Nats game there before they built their new park and a concert there not too long ago... and the place is in pretty bad shape. Might need a Tetanus shot after sitting down.

I think if anything, it would have to be preseason.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome thought, I don't know how it would happen with the greedy business side of things though.

One fan mentioned if they raised the gate by like 30% to offset the lost seats, it would come close to breaking even for the team.

It definitely would be a financial loss for the team, but frankly, the team has plenty of money but needs more goodwill. This would build some goodwill.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Nats game there before they built their new park and a concert there not too long ago... and the place is in pretty bad shape. Might need a Tetanus shot after sitting down.

I think if anything, it would have to be preseason.

I went to a Nats-Yankees game there as well. It's a dump - but the atmosphere was amazing. And that was only for a baseball game!

It was cool though. I felt like I had gone back in time half a century. Real life doesn't offer up those retro opportunities too often.

They convened the group - so I have some hope the team was only doing that if they wanted to actually implement the ideas.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cost to get it game ready for an NFL game would be staggering. Despite raising the ticket value to offset any loss at the gate Snyder would still take a loss. All that prep for just one game,,,even if they did break even or take in a small profit. Ain't gonna happen. RFK will implode before the Redskins play there again.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't do that when you have season ticket holders with seats in FedEx.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't do that when you have season ticket holders with seats in FedEx.

Sure you can, you just put together a package of seats for a season that excludes that one game and give holders right of first refusal or a lottery for the special game at RFK. I'm sure that most fans would understand. We all are aware they can't put an extra 30K seats in RFK overnight.

Look, it's possible. It would definitely require a financial loss vs. another game/preseason game at FedEx for the Redskins. But if they goodwill got the seats put back in the "party decks" (lol), maybe it would be worth it long term.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Snyder agree to this, seeing as he owns FedEx?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it would be cool is all I'm saying.

Yeah, from that standpoint it would be....I've never been to RFK for any event and I grew up in DC.
sad sad...When you go to FedEX and you have to hear stories about how RFK was so loud and the stadium would shake...it was probably falling apart then haha

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely wouldn't. I'd give it a 5% chance of happening. But it would be cool is all I'm saying.

It would, but I don't see this happening. It sucks Snyder owns FedEx, because it pretty much guarantees the Skins won't return DC. If there was a state of the art stadium in DC, a stadium out in Landover would be absolutely worthless, and a guy like Snyder wouldn't take that kind of hit on an investment, unless he was fully funding and owning the new stadium inside the District, and that's still a stretch.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would, but I don't see this happening. It sucks Snyder owns FedEx, because it pretty much guarantees the Skins won't return DC. If there was a state of the art stadium in DC, a stadium out in Landover would be absolutely worthless, and a guy like Snyder wouldn't take that kind of hit on an investment, unless he was fully funding and owning the new stadium inside the District, and that's still a stretch.

How long do we have to go before FedEx is old itself and we get a new silly?

Like 20 years? 30? Grumble, grumble.

I want a scoreboard that blocks punts, damn it!

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did that I would be first in line for tickets. However, I think most people remember it better than it really was. The place is a hole. Yes, the atmosphere was great, but there were also great teams that played there. I think people correlate that greatness with the stadium instead of with the teams that played there.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a couple games there as a kid. Fond memories....

True story though...I went about 12 years ago with my then girlfriend who went to Frostburg State U for a FSU vs I cant remember who football game. So before hand we were all tailgating and my dumb ex and I got in argument which was fueled by alcohol...so me and a friend that was there with me walk away out into this field so I could blow off some steam...and I walk up to this big old tree out in the middle of the field and I kicked this damn tree with all my might...and the son of a bitch fell down...

That tree imo was a symbol of the state of the stadium...old and hollow...and ready to fall down.

But for nostalgic reasons I would love to see the Skins play there...but it will never happen.