• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Game at a glance" factoids

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't read the "Game at a glance" article on seahawks.com yet, there was one awesome/depressing factoid listed in the last section of the article and several just awesome factoids about this game.

The awesome/depressing factoid:

- Of the previous 37 Seahawks teams, 31 of them had nine wins or less in an entire season. Doing the math, that means that only 6 Seahawks teams in 37 years have managed to win 10 games or more in a season. That's the depressing part. The awesome part is that this year's Seahawks team has already reached that 9 win mark. Obviously with six games still to be played, that's the earliest that the Seahawks have ever reach 9 wins in a season. They now have a chance to do next week what 31 previous Seahawks teams failed to do in 16 games (or the 9 and 15 games that constituted a regular season during the strike-shortened years in '82 and '87 respectively).

The awesome factoids:

- If the Seahawks can beat either the Niners or the Giants (or, fingers crossed, both), they would set the franchise record for road wins in a season. If, prior to the season, someone had said that the Seahawks would have a chance to set the franchise record for road wins with two road games remaining to get it done, they probably would have been laughed at.

- Russell Wilson now has 20 regular season wins in his first two seasons, which is the third most victories in the first two seasons of a quarterback's career in NFL history. Only Roethlisberger's 23 wins and Marino's 21 wins are better. We still have 6 games to go this year.

- Expanding on that last fact, the Seahawks are 16-2 in their last 18 regular season games. It doesn't say this in the article, but that's gotta be the best stretch of football in team history, doesn't it?

- In yesterday's game, the Seahawks had 7 plays that were longer than Atlanta's longest play. That says good things about both the offense and defense, especially after the last two games.

One more fun fact, this one from Elias: The Seahawks avenged last January's two-point playoff loss to the Falcons with a 33-10 win at Atlanta. Over the last 20 seasons, only one other team posted a road victory by a margin that large against a team that eliminated it from the previous season's playoffs, and that was also Seattle. The Seahawks routed the Bears, 38-14, at Soldier Field in 2011 after Chicago defeated Seattle in the divisional round following the 2010 season.

It's always fun to read this stuff after a big win, isn't it?

Game at a glance: Seahawks 33, Falcons 10

ESPN - Elias Says: Sports Statistics - Stats from the Elias Sports Bureau - ESPN

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me this is the most impressive stat because it's showing what Wilson is all about. Others throw up stats claiming RG3, Luck, ect are better than Wilson, but don't take into account that PC's style of play is to run the ball not throw thus he CAN"T put up the numbers of others. (simple due to lack of opportunity not skill) At the end of the day passing yards, points, QBR and everything else are super inflated because of the leagues willingness to help the offense, so too me this is the most important stat, dose he help win games.

And with only Ben and Marino ahead of him with 6 games to go..... Ya Wilson is special, I no longer think the question of him will be is he the best QB in Seahawks history but will he be the best of his generation is what we are going to asking ourselves for years to come. (minus an injury, :L)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Expanding on that last fact, the Seahawks are 16-2 in their last 18 regular season games. It doesn't say this in the article, but that's gotta be the best stretch of football in team history, doesn't it?

From 05 (Week 5) to 06 (Week 4) we went 16-2.

So yes this indeed ties our best run in franchise history. With a game against Minnesota coming up we should easily break that. Our longest ever winning streak I believe is 11 (05) so if we win out we can tie it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that 2011 game in Chicago. I was at the 2010 game in Chicago as well. If I remember correctly, that 2011 game was when we ended Johnny Knox's career when his head managed to touch his own ass.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that 2011 game in Chicago. I was at the 2010 game in Chicago as well. If I remember correctly, that 2011 game was when we ended Johnny Knox's career when his head managed to touch his own ass.

Yeah I think so. Man that was an ugly looking injury.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should really have a stat's thread dedicated to them imo,,,for tracking and just fun i cant stand pulling up the many links i have and i know it would bore most but this post is very good in perspective imo.

There is a guy with a blog,I will try and find it that is doing DangeRuss's stat's weekly.

Edit:If i find him i will ask him to join here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One bad ass hit I never want see again. That was nasty!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 05 (Week 5) to 06 (Week 4) we went 16-2.

So yes this indeed ties our best run in franchise history. With a game against Minnesota coming up we should easily break that. Our longest ever winning streak I believe is 11 (05) so if we win out we can tie it.

Well, it is a regular season stat, so the playoff games wouldn't have come into play in this particular stat. Though, from week 5 05 to week 6 06 the Seahawks were 15-2 in regular season games. Either way though, the teams from the last two seasons have been as good or better than the '05-'06 teams. With 6 games left in the season, the team is only 2 wins away from putting up the most wins in a 2 season stretch, which would be fitting since the team is one win away from completing their 1st back-to-back 10 win seasons in team history.