• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #81 Sharks v.s Kings 7:30pm

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the other thread (stolen from a blog comment):

Doug Wilson just released a comment on the bizarre incident in last nights’ game:

“Those sticks are sophisticated instruments that are attracted to pucks by forces called coulombs – given the rapidity and volume of sticks that move through the rink and the number of composite sticks that break at unfortunate times the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the extra stick you see. The extra stick is just recalibrating for the bad breaks during the 10-10ths of a second of open net earlier in the game. This ensures that the actual number of playing sticks during the game is exactly 12.”

“That is not an opinion -— that is science -— amazing sticks quite frankly.”

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of us. I just find it funny that no one was looking at the puck or the bench out of the officials. Just another missed or bad call in a season of bad calls. If they miss a hooking call that shouldn't cause a suspention. This is no different. I said this two weeks ago: Games 81 and 82 for all the marbles.

Agreed man completely, horrible officiating on games that matter most is what we all hate the most. Maybe it was a good thing they missed Clowe's stick move cause then the league is going to be on those refs case for the rest of the year.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roflcopter.gif

lollerskates.gif

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about DW's GM skillz, but he's got jokes.

Haha... can't tell if serious or sarcastic but I think the DW quote is fake and just a copy of what DL said after clockgate... right? At least it looks like it to me. :p

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doughty is really beside himself over the whole play, even Stoll, i think the sharks just have total mind fuck control over the kings, especially after the playoffs from last year

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio that Doughty told "a friend on the Sharks" (surely Couture) after the fight something to the effect of "Joe can actually fight"... haha!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heard on the radio that Doughty told "a friend on the Sharks" (surely Couture) after the fight something to the effect of "Joe can actually fight"... haha!

That was like watching a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, it wasnt even sporting

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doughty is really beside himself over the whole play, even Stoll, i think the sharks just have total mind fuck control over the kings, especially after the playoffs from last year

I heard Stoll on ESPN, and he was laughing about it.
Doughty's head was probably still ringing from the ass whipping Joe gave him. :)

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the subject but, thanks for helping us out Blues! So when did the Blues start sucking? :burt:

Someone needs to light up Mike Smith, he is just a fluke.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the subject but, thanks for helping us out Blues! So when did the Blues start sucking? :burt:

Just caught the end of that game. Just the Kings and Sharks aren't the only teams that need to have extra fights and stupid plays.

Yotes can still lose tomorrow before we rumble again.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

disagree. Mike Smith has been playing great...check his numbers, ain't no joke.

and to think we could have picked him up off waivers...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith is more of an enigma, when he was in dallas he was highly touted as the eventual replacement for Turco. He got traded to Tampa, and proceeded to get hurt and suck. He can demoted to the AHL once or twice during his time there.

It has more to do with the Dave Tippett's bore you to fucking sleep smoother you defense helping smith more then smith being that great. He's like the trent dilfer of goalies as long as he doesnt fuck up and try to do more then he is capable of he is fine and the team defense will take care of him.

I think he gets lit in the playoffs though, scrambling like he does and as many game as he has played this year is going to be a factor

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is more of an enigma, when he was in dallas he was highly touted as the eventual replacement for Turco. He got traded to Tampa, and proceeded to get hurt and suck. He can demoted to the AHL once or twice during his time there.

It has more to do with the Dave Tippett's bore you to fucking sleep smoother you defense helping smith more then smith being that great. He's like the trent dilfer of goalies as long as he doesnt fuck up and try to do more then he is capable of he is fine and the team defense will take care of him.

I think he gets lit in the playoffs though, scrambling like he does and as many game as he has played this year is going to be a factor

vinceoffer.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hey, it's Slap Chop dude!

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "watch this, you're going to loooooove my nuts" part is priceless (if you haven't seen the clip before).

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since I've seen St. Louis play, but after watching their game against Ponicks tonight I gotta say I think you might be on to something Korky. I can definitely see why you're optimistic about a potential matchup against the Blues.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's been a long time since I've seen St. Louis play, but after watching their game against Ponicks tonight I gotta say I think you might be on to something Korky. I can definitely see why you're optimistic about a potential matchup against the Blues.

i also agree with kork. STL is vastly overrated IMO. They are just like phoenix but with a bit more firepower. They play a stifling defensive style, but they are extremely young and vulnerable to confidence issues. Of all the other top 5 teams, the only team I think the sharks might match up better with is detroit, but even then, I think id prefer stl, only because the sharks havent seen a healthy detroit team for a while and when they are, they are pretty scary.

If Toews is out, chicago is also beatable. Otherwise, I wouldnt want to get close to them.

the one team I dont want is vancouver. they are as good as they were last year and are cruising even without daniel. if he comes back for the PO's, Vancouver is still a powerhouse. Getting that 3rd seen would mean they can't face them until a potential 3rd round, though at the least I really hope for a 7 seed.

Just gotta win at home and the sharks are well set up vs. stl.