• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4 - Lions at Bears

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff sucks.. don't care what the stats today say. I trust he's considered a stopgap during this "rebuild" effort.

Dude can barely hit a check down. He's made some nice moves getting out of the pocket but no way it makes up for his buffoonery and horrible accuracy. Gonna be a long year

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is two weeks in a row that going for it on 4th and one he chose not to use either effective runningback and above-average o-line, and instead lets Goff miss his latest checkdown. That is some terrible play calling.

On the bright side losing this year plays into the overall goal, they signed Campbell to a very long contract, let elite players walk for future comp picks, and have 2 1sts in the next 2 years. This team was going to be terrible by design, not terrible by accident. Which I think is still an improvement. Aim for the high pick and get either Kayvon Thibidoux or Kyle Hamilton. Start building a respectable defense!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Layne never lost a game, he just ran out of time... Why do I get the feeling the Lions are going to do a little to late?

Goff sucks.. don't care what the stats today say. I trust he's considered a stopgap during this "rebuild" effort.

Dude can barely hit a check down. He's made some nice moves getting out of the pocket but no way it makes up for his buffoonery and horrible accuracy. Gonna be a long year

The next Bobby Layne will be coming in the draft next year or the following. Most folks dont know him yet. His name is Bailey Zappe. He played D2 up until this year and is lighting it up this year at Western Kentucky. Not sure if he comes out this year though. Might be better for us of hewaits a year and we use all those draft picks next year to build a better team first.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ure if he comes out this yea
The next Bobby Layne will be coming in the draft next year or the following. Most folks dont know him yet. His name is Bailey Zappe. He played D2 up until this year and is lighting it up this year at Western Kentucky. Not sure if he comes out this year though. Might be better for us of hewaits a year and we use all those draft picks next year to build a better team first.

Meh, watched him against MSU and wasn't all that impressed.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, watched him against MSU and wasn't all that impressed.
He's another Pennington. Extremely accurate, makes good decisions, torched MSU yesterday. But I don't think he has enough arm strength to be a first rounder, much less #1 overall.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is two weeks in a row that going for it on 4th and one he chose not to use either effective runningback and above-average o-line, and instead lets Goff miss his latest checkdown. That is some terrible play calling.

They did that more than once today on 4th & short iirc... and once I think they even went an empty backfield, which made no sense. Like you say, the OL is getting some push this year and Williams is good for some tough yards. Strange.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to hurt - or help, whichever way appeases you

Following the game, Campbell was asked for updates on his star player's injury statuses.

“I would say Romeo’s, it isn’t good,” Campbell said. “Doesn’t look good at all.”

When a follow-up question was asked if was a potential Achilles injury, Campbell without hesitation, answered, “Yes. Yeah, we will know more in the morning, but, yeah.”

Expect an update on Okwara’s status for the season on Monday afternoon, but if it is indeed an Achilles injury, his season will be over.

The news on Ragnow (toe) was better, but still not ideal, with Campbell indicating a stint on injured reserve may be in order.

“Frank is better than Romeo,” Campbell said, “but he may be out a little bit too.”

Hopefully, the Lions will also have an update on Ragnow's injury on Monday as well

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I assumed Romeo suffered a rolled ankle that wasn't as bad as it might have appeared.
Wrong

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Brown is not an adequate replacement for Ragnow.
That'll be another area to shore up in the off-season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both O-Line and D-Line played horribly today and against what looked like an abysmal offense from Chicago - until today

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positions that currently appear to be solid going into next season is LT, C and RT
and that's it

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is two weeks in a row that going for it on 4th and one he chose not to use either effective running back and above-average o-line, and instead lets Goff miss his latest checkdown. That is some terrible play calling.

Goff shouldn't had had any problem hitting AR- SB on that 4th and 1 in the red zone towards the end of the game. It was clearly and solely a miss by him. He has that elongated delivery and wasn't under duress until after his release. There's no excuse to miss AR-SB.

I don't have a problem with Campbell going for it on 4th down as it shows, to me, he's trying to instill belief and confidence in his players ability to perform. Yes, there's been some questionable play calling but I prefer he attempts to let the players performance play out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid was impressive last night against Sparty.

Arm and legs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff shouldn't had had any problem hitting AR- SB on that 4th and 1 in the red zone towards the end of the game. It was clearly and solely a miss by him. He has that elongated delivery and wasn't under duress until after his release. There's no excuse to miss AR-SB.

I don't have a problem with Campbell going for it on 4th down as it shows, to me, he's trying to instill belief and confidence in his players ability to perform. Yes, there's been some questionable play calling but I prefer he attempts to let the players performance play out.
No issue going for it, he does a lot and Iove that. I just wish occasionally he would use the awesome backfield, nkt the subpar qb

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's another Pennington. Extremely accurate, makes good decisions, torched MSU yesterday. But I don't think he has enough arm strength to be a first rounder, much less #1 overall.
He might not be an early first rounder but we have 2 picks. Goff is not the answer.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not be an early first rounder but we have 2 picks. Goff is not the answer.
He is not, but just about every QB that was supposed to be a star has underperformed this year. I would not want to spend an early pick on any of these QB's. If they want a top of the 1st qb we should use our early pick next year! We could have gotten out of Goffs contract with 0 dollars dead cap after this year if we had not restructured.

That being said I am good with a flyer on a lesser known QB in the upcoming draft.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields vs Price 5/6 149 yards. Fields vs the rest 6/11 for 60 yards. Turns out that the guy that could not cut it in coverage as a safety is not better at coverage as a CB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields vs Price 5/6 149 yards. Fields vs the rest 6/11 for 60 yards. Turns out that the guy that could not cut it in coverage as a safety is not better at coverage as a CB.

Damn. That is one telling stat.