• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 4 2020 Eagles @ 49'ers

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so funny to write - Those FIRST PLACE Philadelphia Eagles.
Because they have back up offensive linemen and really back up WR's playing, I'm going to give Wentz A LOT of credit. Some people on this forum constantly bash him but what the hell do they expect?
It was REALLY nice to see a pick 6. ( I wonder if that's the end of Mullens).

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was close....do I win a prize?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so funny to write - Those FIRST PLACE Philadelphia Eagles.
Because they have back up offensive linemen and really back up WR's playing, I'm going to give Wentz A LOT of credit. Some people on this forum constantly bash him but what the hell do they expect?
It was REALLY nice to see a pick 6. ( I wonder if that's the end of Mullens).

for the billionth time, other QB's have shown they can easily play with the same personnel that wentz fails with. it became painfully obvious when wentz led the eagles to a 6-7 mark in 2018.. only for foles to pop in, go 3-0, and come oh so close to leading the eagles to the NFC championship game.

in 2019, we were 5-7 under wentz and only made the playoffs because the schedule was so soft at the end. still, we needed ugly wins against ugly teams to barely get in. wentz was beyond horrible in 5 quarters against the seahawks. mccown came in and kept leading the eagles down the field. when a limping, gimpy 40+ year old somehow plays better, the writing is on the wall.

guys like agholor are doing just fine with the raiders, just as he did fine with foles. wentz is DEAD LAST in QB rating this year. what do i expect? umm.. NOT DEAD LAST? :noidea:

every season it's the same blame game. injuries, the o-line, receivers. YAWN. every team has these issues to a degree. BTW, they won yesterday because the defense scored 7 and hooked them up with a short field on another 7. other than that, another mediocre 11 point showing offensively.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HOPE that this win will give them the confidence to keep winning.
Find a deep threat (Fulgham?) and this team COULD go on a roll.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the billionth time, other QB's have shown they can easily play with the same personnel that wentz fails with. it became painfully obvious when wentz led the eagles to a 6-7 mark in 2018.. only for foles to pop in, go 3-0, and come oh so close to leading the eagles to the NFC championship game.

in 2019, we were 5-7 under wentz and only made the playoffs because the schedule was so soft at the end. still, we needed ugly wins against ugly teams to barely get in. wentz was beyond horrible in 5 quarters against the seahawks. mccown came in and kept leading the eagles down the field. when a limping, gimpy 40+ year old somehow plays better, the writing is on the wall.

guys like agholor are doing just fine with the raiders, just as he did fine with foles. wentz is DEAD LAST in QB rating this year. what do i expect? umm.. NOT DEAD LAST? :noidea:

every season it's the same blame game. injuries, the o-line, receivers. YAWN. every team has these issues to a degree. BTW, they won yesterday because the defense scored 7 and hooked them up with a short field on another 7. other than that, another mediocre 11 point showing offensively.

What is your issue with Wentz? Your Wentz hate has become a major obsession that I just don't get

Wentz played his heart out. Played a good game and made some great throws to get us our first win that nobody ( other than myself :D ) gave us a chance at. Just enjoy the win. We are in first place.....Wentz is starting to get his mojo back....we will hopefully get some weapons back soon and as usual kick some serious ass in November and December.

All players struggle at some point...even Brady had his issues a few years ago where everybody was calling him "washed up"
Then he lead them to a couple more super bowl wins.

Kid has no quit...tons of heart....and will do anything to win.
That's my quarterback man

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your issue with Wentz? Your Wentz hate has become a major obsession that I just don't get

Wentz played his heart out. Played a good game and made some great throws to get us our first win that nobody ( other than myself :D ) gave us a chance at. Just enjoy the win. We are in first place.....Wentz is starting to get his mojo back....we will hopefully get some weapons back soon and as usual kick some serious ass in November and December.

All players struggle at some point...even Brady had his issues a few years ago where everybody was calling him "washed up"

Don't bother. He has his opinion and NOTHING is going to change it.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we played better as a team. We still have lots to fix but I will take win. The D played really well for the most part. I just don't know why Schwartz plays the prevent defense at the end of the game. The 3rd string QB came in and almost beat us.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I have him on ignore so thankfully I do not see any of his posts. John has the right advice don't bother with that guy. His opinion will never change. It is almost as if he personally knows him and Carson did something to him that he can't let go like steal his girl or something. I just don't get it. I am willing to bet somwhere in his post he raved about how fantastic Foles is and how he should be the QB of the Eagles. Well Foles got another chance to start and he was not impressive.

Carson Wentz still has some issues. He is a legit talent but right now his mechanics are off. He has gotten better each week though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on first place y’all. You have the talent and Carson really was a standout in this game. Injuries have decimated the team but if you can get some guys healthy, all can change down the road in this clusterfuck of a division this year. Cheers

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I have him on ignore so thankfully I do not see any of his posts. John has the right advice don't bother with that guy. His opinion will never change. It is almost as if he personally knows him and Carson did something to him that he can't let go like steal his girl or something. I just don't get it. I am willing to bet somwhere in his post he raved about how fantastic Foles is and how he should be the QB of the Eagles. Well Foles got another chance to start and he was not impressive.

Carson Wentz still has some issues. He is a legit talent but right now his mechanics are off. He has gotten better each week though.
I am tired of his hate of Wentz. I put him on ignore too.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ "hate of wentz" and "what's your problem?" i mean, SERIOUSLY?!!

wentz is in the 'prime' of his career, is paid to be elite and is dead last in QB rating. dead last. DEAD LAST. if fixing games in the NFL was a thing, he'd be under investigation for years for what he did against washington. he was straight up outplayed by dwayne haskins. let that shit sink in. along with these numbers..

he's #1 in picks. #3 in sacks. #3 in sack yardage.

he's #30 in QBR. #29 in completion percentage. #24 in TDs. #32 in average yards per pass. #23 in yards per game.

and because of this, the offense is 27th in yards per game and 26th in points per game. dude is 28 years old in a couple months and has 0 playoff wins. he cannot beat good teams to save his life (unless they are injured significantly and/or our defense saves him.)

so many dudes here just pathetically sucking his dick. i can't bad mouth the golden boy.. but others can ride his sack and constantly rag on schwartz, saying he needs to be fired? LMAO. yep, get rid of the guy that has the neglected defense ranked top 10.. AGAIN. but don't say anything bad about the QB who is dead last in the league.

and of course FuckoGreen showed up to claim i'm still "on block" (laugh) while trying to knock foles again.

for one, i said foles should have been the QB here for another 2-3 years while we rebuilt and invested in a future QB. how's that prediction feel now, jackass? how are you enjoying this fossil of a team that looks like a senior home and is only going to get worse? schwartz and the few random young players we have are the only glue temporarily holding this together.

two, foles is sure as hell more "impressive" than wentz. he led the bears on a 20-0 4th quarter run for a win and then beat tom brady, AGAIN. there is probably 30 other QB's in this league that would have had the eagles at 2 wins now.. and plenty of others who would have them at 3. but, we're at 1 with wentz.. and facing another worthless year.

HE'S ELITE THOUGH!! maybe he'll get that elusive 1st playoff win when he's 35.

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually dont post on here, i've been around since back in the KFFL days, mainly cause most guys on here jsut bash on eachother, and not in the " its fine we're bros" kind of way. but i do live in Ohio, and dont get alot of the usual local news that some of you fellas do. But after seeming this time and time again, i'm jsut going to pop out some bullet points that i see.

1. this team sucks, i felt like they would be back next year, but its here sooner then later.
2. Dougie doesnt seem to be the guru everyone thought he was, or atleast i thought he was, Frank seemed to be the mastermind of the 2017 run, jsut look at the Colts offense its the same as it was in 2017.
3. this current system is not fooling anyone, after all these new O minds it looks like it did last few season.
4. Schwartz is ok, but i think he over complicates the D, i'm personally ok if/when he leaves.
5. I think Wentz feel like he has to go all out on every play. but with the amount of verts we run constantly might be their logic ?
6.a I dont dislike Foles, i'm glad he was here in 2017. but I don't think he's really that good, I think taht team was jsut great that year.
6.b Wentz isnt the same player he was in 2017, and no clue why the drastic turn around, I dont think hes terrible, but i dont think hes comfortable at all in this offense.
7. this team is old, Howie has failed the most, he couldnt do wrong in 2016/2017 but he can't seem to do much right now.

I dont claim to be a non homer, but this is jsut some of my thoughts . i'll always root for the Eagles, but they aint doing much this year or next, so enjoy every win they can get!~

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with most of your points 'boomers'

i've always been iffy on pederson and felt reich did a great job of balancing the run and creativity. with him gone, so is that mix. the wentz and pederson combo, alone, is straight up horrible. fans are wasting time and their breath trying to find the magic wand to make it work. it ain't going to happen.

i don't think foles is great, elite, or top tier. i do think he's a fitzpatrick type that excelled in this offense.. with these players.. with this team.. in this city. teammates certainly loved him. i wanted to keep him as the starter for 2-3 years and trade wentz for picks and players. while at the same time, slowly ditching the dead weight/old players on the team.

right now we could have had someone like justin herbert on the team, watching and learning from foles, ready to take over in another year or so. all while at the same time, being competitive to the point where we'd at least make noise in the postseason. the progress bar would have been 6 out of 10 and rising quickly. instead, it's on 4 of 10 and dropping quickly.

yet, fans here thought we were going to get 11, 12, even 13 wins this season. MIND BLOWING! :crazy:

Boomers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be 16 and 0 every season. gotta think positive! Foles might have done something, or he could be the same guys hes been so far in the league average 2017 we caught lightning ina bottle, this team lacks identity , can't run and cant pass, its not all Wentz, hes not playing the best but hes good enough if the rest was up to par, which it isnt, i have no idea why they have so many injuries, its not just the older fellas either, doesnt seem to matter who it is. At somepoint Howie and Doug and Jimmy need to be held accountable, same with Wentz, nothing they can do with him, they are bound to him.