• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 39 - Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils(1-3-15): 7:00pm EST

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOG....Jagr just made Emery look like....well, me....

Guys and Gals...this is just sad. I think the second bottle of wine will be opened.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting good

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr is confidently sending a message to the Flyers that they may have been mistaken by not re-signing him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider saves the puck on one end and Gomez makes it 0-4. We are getting run over. Second period is going to be sucky too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is pretty much toast tonight. I don't think I am going to spend much more time with this one. I might check in later.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it off at the end of the first period

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had dental work without pain killers, this is worse.

MacDonald finally gets them on the board.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this team needs to make every god damned player available sans G and Jake - if they want to move Simmer, Couts, Mase, Laughts, etc they can as long as they get a strong return for them

There's an absolute losing mentality with this team and it's not just that their d-men are not NHL quality - there's too many players who are content on just coming to the rink every day - the only two guys that are mad after every game they lose are G and Jake - if I was Mase, I would have had a temper tantrum by now but he doesn't show enough emotion

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not very good.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mason has thrown his hissy fit. As a goalie, if you push that button too much it blows up on you. I think there is some resentment by some of the D that Mase has reacted to goals/said some of the things he has said.

I do agree that 90+% of this team could be shipped out tonight. Take draft picks and prospects. I would rather loose young and grow than watch a middle age team that is mediocre.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I start insisting we blow it up we string together some useless wins.

This team sucks. No structure. Some good individual pieces though. Please just nuke this roster.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mason has thrown his hissy fit. As a goalie, if you push that button too much it blows up on you. I think there is some resentment by some of the D that Mase has reacted to goals/said some of the things he has said.

I do agree that 90+% of this team could be shipped out tonight. Take draft picks and prospects. I would rather loose young and grow than watch a middle age team that is mediocre.

Actually I don't think Mase has - he wants to and he's at the tipping point but I haven't seen him do anything out of the ordinary yet - definitely not after games when speaking to the media - and the defense shouldn't have any resentment towards him because Mase is the only reason why they looked respectable for most of the season - any of those d-men who have resentment towards him should pack their bags and go away

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both PP and PK are so bad now it is just silly. It isn't just G not playing.
This is a poorly coached team of mediocre players.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I start insisting we blow it up we string together some useless wins.

This team sucks. No structure. Some good individual pieces though. Please just nuke this roster.

Yep they get on a run after I rip them, but I'm tired of ripping them 4-5 times a season - shouldn't have to rip them period

Flyers need to regain the offensive depth they used to have - I would like to see them make a move like the Penguins did when they traded James Neal and got two forwards in return, which bolstered the depth of the Penguins offense - I would be looking to do that with Simmer, same with Couts, Brayden Schenn, etc etc

People can't use the excuse that the Flyers haven't been patient and that they've been overhauling the roster every year because the same core(G, Jake, Simmer, Couts, Schenner, Matt Read) are in their fourth seasons with the team - the Flyers haven't made any big trades since getting rid of JVR for Luke Schenn - the dumb moves they've made have been in FA, which really isn't overhauling the roster, just adding

I think this core has gotten too much time and people are still excusing them because they're young - certain guys aren't developing the way they should and it's getting to the point where they're going to need changes - this team needs a big time 2nd line scoring center in the worst of ways - Schenner, Couts and Laughts can't hold G's jock strap offensively and it's pathetic at this point

There's a difference between having patience and realizing this team is a train wreck - Hexy has to realize that and he can't just sit there and look for a move that will help his team - he has to initiate and sometimes you have to make a tough decision(trading a Simmer, Couts, Schenner or Laughts) in order to really go forward

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder .... do they package both Schenn brothers? Brayden has looked inspired tonight. I still say he is the victim of being bounced around and not having a good set of complimentary wings on a consistent basis.

Really, moving Coburn, Grossmann, Read or Simmonds and maybe Umbie...
Not necessarily because of their play but they could bring a return and or clear much needed cap space. BUT, that doesn't mean go use that cap space for the heck of using it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they get on a run after I rip them, but I'm tired of ripping them 4-5 times a season - shouldn't have to rip them period

Flyers need to regain the offensive depth they used to have - I would like to see them make a move like the Penguins did when they traded James Neal and got two forwards in return, which bolstered the depth of the Penguins offense - I would be looking to do that with Simmer, same with Couts, Brayden Schenn, etc etc

People can't use the excuse that the Flyers haven't been patient and that they've been overhauling the roster every year because the same core(G, Jake, Simmer, Couts, Schenner, Matt Read) are in their fourth seasons with the team - the Flyers haven't made any big trades since getting rid of JVR for Luke Schenn - the dumb moves they've made have been in FA, which really isn't overhauling the roster, just adding

I think this core has gotten too much time and people are still excusing them because they're young - certain guys aren't developing the way they should and it's getting to the point where they're going to need changes - this team needs a big time 2nd line scoring center in the worst of ways - Schenner, Couts and Laughts can't hold G's jock strap offensively and it's pathetic at this point

There's a difference between having patience and realizing this team is a train wreck - Hexy has to realize that and he can't just sit there and look for a move that will help his team - he has to initiate and sometimes you have to make a tough decision(trading a Simmer, Couts, Schenner or Laughts) in order to really go forward

I think a underestimated loss was Briere. Yes, he was horrible his final year here but overall we haven't effectively replaced a good scoring 2C. Lecavalier was supposed to be that but he is garbage. Schenn could have possibly been that but his future is allegedly at wing. (For Christ's sake keep him at wing regardless of injury) Couturier could possibly be that 2C but he is seemingly stuck in defensive matchup Hell, and for good reason. I like Laughton but I'm not sure I see him as a 60 point player. This is where I think the offensive woes stem, this glaring hole down the middle.

Then the wingers. What has happened to Read? Umberger is condensed garbage. Vandevelde? Rinaldo? Are you kidding me? Schenn has been alright and Simmonds has been good, but why do those two never seem to have a line click? I feel as if lines with Schenn and Simmonds are always horrible even I'd they individually produce.

That is just the offense. We know why the defense is horrible.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a underestimated loss was Briere. Yes, he was horrible his final year here but overall we haven't effectively replaced a good scoring 2C. Lecavalier was supposed to be that but he is garbage. Schenn could have possibly been that but his future is allegedly at wing. (For Christ's sake keep him at wing regardless of injury) Couturier could possibly be that 2C but he is seemingly stuck in defensive matchup Hell, and for good reason. I like Laughton but I'm not sure I see him as a 60 point player. This is where I think the offensive woes stem, this glaring hole down the middle.

Then the wingers. What has happened to Read? Umberger is condensed garbage. Vandevelde? Rinaldo? Are you kidding me? Schenn has been alright and Simmonds has been good, but why do those two never seem to have a line click? I feel as if lines with Schenn and Simmonds are always horrible even I'd they individually produce.

That is just the offense. We know why the defense is horrible.

This, he was clutch and I don't think this team has anyone who can come up clutch other than G and Jake

I think Simmer should be moved because he's highly regarded and he's got a lot of value - and for whatever reason, the lines he's on are bad defensively and maybe they need better defensive wingers

They are thin on the wing and it shows