• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go check out the game thread now.....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was all set to rag on McCarver for thinking he could give bunting advice to a guy like Sanchez but I looked it up on baseball-reference and McCarver actually was an outstanding bunter (35 SH in 38 attempts = 92% compared to 77% league average). So I guess that's something he actually does know something about.

He's still a fucking windbag though.

Oh, i didn't mean to rag on him for that - it was actually good advice. I was just noting the windbag factor of these two guys.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have you seen the film? The speaking in tongues stuff -- horrific shit.

On another note, I watched the TiVo'd game...this just in: the Giants STILL win 3-0.

Then, I cued up Ken Burns' "Tenth Inning." Brilliant, as Burns always is. However, the 2002 World Series stuff has me depressed. And my Giants just won a defining game in the NLCS. Eight years later and I'm still depressed.

Maybe I'm just fear-eyed and panicky. Or is it overconfidence? So confusing...

No. i only watch movies with one or more of the following: action, sci-fi, or tits. I will occasional go to a chick flick with the wife, but I don't actually watch the movie unless there is a possibility of seeing some tits.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. i only watch movies with one or more of the following: action, sci-fi, or tits. I will occasional go to a chick flick with the wife, but I don't actually watch the movie unless there is a possibility of seeing some tits.

I would imagine letting your wife drag you to a chick flick would indeed give you a good shot at seeing some tits, later, when you get home.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had to watch the game on DVR today, so I was about 3 or 4 hours behind all of you guys, but it was still sweet as hell to see our boys go up 2-1.

The one play that really got my eye, and I am surprised that isnt any talk about it here, was the SB where Posey threw it into the OF.

I think Rent made a GREAT play on that one. Sure, he missed the ball, but he ACTED like he had the ball, which kept Victorino from going to 3rd. No mention of that by the professional announcers, either...

Yeah. I definitely noticed it. Not sure why I didn't mention it here..... Buck/McCarver were probably busy talking about seals, or something.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ergo my windbag comment. And was that the one he repeated for emphasis or was that another cliche? They all just meld together after a while.

He went on a bit on that one. It's like he's talking to seven year olds on their first day out of tee-ball.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went on a bit on that one. It's like he's talking to seven year olds on their first day out of tee-ball.

It's a simple fact that Buck and McCarver are the worst baseball announcing team in modern memory.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can anyone help me process how to feel about Bengie Molina's Rangers poised to win the AL, thanks in a large portion to him?

And how that could be our opponent if we continue to do well and get lucky vs the Phillies?

I think we match up better against the Yankees. As for Bengie, even though he has horrible OBP - the guy can hit.

I watched a bit of last nights game and caught them telling an anecdote about Bengie...... On the day he didn't get drafted, he tied up his cleats and threw them over some telephone/power lines (I guess in a symbolic - "I quit" gesture). I thought - that is exactly like the Bengie we know - and one of the biggest reasons I'm glad he's not in SF anymore.

Besides, Posey is just a far superior player in all aspects of the game - but most importantly, he's getting much more out of the pitching staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we match up better against the Yankees. As for Bengie, even though he has horrible OBP - the guy can hit.

I watched a bit of last nights game and caught them telling an anecdote about Bengie...... On the day he didn't get drafted, he tied up his cleats and threw them over some telephone/power lines (I guess in a symbolic - "I quit" gesture). I thought - that is exactly like the Bengie we know - and one of the biggest reasons I'm glad he's not in SF anymore.

Besides, Posey is just a far superior player in all aspects of the game - but most importantly, he's getting much more out of the pitching staff.

OK thanks that helps.

We match up with the Yankees better because their pitching just sucks. CC was supposed to be their guy and he's very hittable. Not much pen either outside of Rivera.

Cliff Lee will be an animal if we have to face him. I guess it helps that he throws a lot of strikes so the Hacktastics can make some contact. But he's making everyone he faces look stupid.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK thanks that helps.

We match up with the Yankees better because their pitching just sucks. CC was supposed to be their guy and he's very hittable. Not much pen either outside of Rivera.

Cliff Lee will be an animal if we have to face him. I guess it helps that he throws a lot of strikes so the Hacktastics can make some contact. But he's making everyone he faces look stupid.

Yeah, Cliff Lee seems like an automatic 2.5 wins.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that thread was a Pantshitter Soliloquy.

My synopsis of the GDT on ESPN:

NN: Well they'll screw up now, what a horrid team. They're scared just as I predicted.
(something good happens)
NN: Well in spite of themselves they didn't actually screw up. I'm shocked
NN: Cain is losing it out there.
(Cain doesn't lose it out there)
NN: Just as I predicted Cain would have to come through and he did.

WTF!!!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NN: Well they'll screw up now, what a horrid team. They're scared just as I predicted.
(something good happens)

WTF!!!!!

Nice summary. Reading that thread is like watching Rain Man when he can't watch Judge Wapner. Just sad.

Nolan's always 'shocked' or 'baffled', like it's amazing something is happening that he didn't foresee.

I am enjoying just reading the stuff over there. I wish Tito would fight harder to bash Cain, think of the crazy possibilities!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

(something good happens)

WTF!!!!!

Yep. That nails it pretty well.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone help me process how to feel about Bengie Molina's Rangers poised to win the AL, thanks in a large portion to him?

And how that could be our opponent if we continue to do well and get lucky vs the Phillies?

Two thoughts, in order of emotional attachment:

1. apathy: if our team is a world champion, it shouldn't matter who we face in the WS and we have the homefield in any event.
2. joy: any time the yankee$ lose it's a good thing.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a smart, smart man and doubtless have a smoother marriage than I do. I exchange permission to play golf over New Years with my brother-in-law for 3 "chick flicks" during the year. My wife has already burned two so far in 2010 -- It's Complicated and Eat, Pray, Love. I fucking HATE chick flicks. Like watching a doyer/yankee WS.