• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge game. Probably more so for PHI than us to some extent. If you're PHI and you lose today do you throw Blanton tomorrow knowing that you'll be facing Lincy on Thursday with the possibility of your season on the line? I'm guessing that they turn to Halladay tomorrow if they lose today.

What to do about Torres! That is the key questiion for us SF fans. He's been horrible in postseason. 14 Ks in 6 games. Swinging through the ball. Limited contact. With the season on the line I don't believe that you can wait it out and hope he responds. I also think our options are limited. I see no alternative other than Rowand. His defense is good and is hitting can't be worse than Torres. I don't think that Ross has the 'playing time experience' in our park to patrol center just yet. Rowand has and that's his edge.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huge game. Probably more so for PHI than us to some extent. If you're PHI and you lose today do you throw Blanton tomorrow knowing that you'll be facing Lincy on Thursday with the possibility of your season on the line? I'm guessing that they turn to Halladay tomorrow if they lose today.

What to do about Torres! That is the key questiion for us SF fans. He's been horrible in postseason. 14 Ks in 6 games. Swinging through the ball. Limited contact. With the season on the line I don't believe that you can wait it out and hope he responds. I also think our options are limited. I see no alternative other than Rowand. His defense is good and is hitting can't be worse than Torres. I don't think that Ross has the 'playing time experience' in our park to patrol center just yet. Rowand has and that's his edge.

I was thinking that exact same thing, obviously he shouldn't be leading off though. It would make the most sense to have Ross lead off and hope that gets him an extra AB. Rowand might actually come through for us, and late in a game then we could send Torres in to run for him if he gets on.

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Torres does not look healthy to me at all. He's moving around very gingerly at the plate and in the field and it seems to get worse every game. I expect Rowand in CF today hitting near the bottom of the lineup and Ross leading off. The real game time decision will be whether Uribe or Sandoval starts at third with Rent at SS. I think if he can go Boche will take Uribe but Panda did hit a HR against Hamels this year and I really liked what I saw in his PA against Oswalt sunday so I'd be fine with either one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Phills throw Blanton than the matchups end up...

Game 4 -- Bum - Blanton (BIG edge to the Giants)
Game 5 -- Timmeh - Doc (Push)
Game 6 -- Durty - Oswalt (Slight edge Phils)
Game 7 -- Cain - Hammels (Slight edge Giants)

If they move Doc up, it would look something like this (assuming they go with a 3-man)

Game 4 -- Bum - Doc (Big edge Phils, but not as big as the national media may think)
Game 5 -- Timmeh - Oswalt (Big edge Giants)
Game 6 -- Durty - Hammels (Push)
Game 7 -- Cain - Doc (Big edge Phils, but not as big as the national media may think)

The big difference comes in that the Phils would all be throwing on short rest, and pitchers today just dont do that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they move Doc up, it would look something like this (assuming they go with a 3-man)

Game 4 -- Bum - Doc (Big edge Phils, but not as big as the national media may think)
Game 7 -- Cain - Doc (Big edge Phils, but not as big as the national media may think)

The big difference comes in that the Phils would all be throwing on short rest, and pitchers today just dont do that.

If any pitcher can handle it I'd say Halladay would be one.

I've missed posting these last few days, and probably won't be around much going forward, very busy weeks this month, but we are doing about as well as can be expected, and better than any of us hoped just 2 months ago.

We're playing with house money now.

And keep sticking it to the dumdum board!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the winner of today's game wins the series. I'm pumped to be going to the yard for a NLCS DAY game....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a chance to look through the dumdum board, honestly didn't even look at any boards for the last 3 days.

I like Nolan not comprehending that I would just not post there for reasons other than banning. Because I'm such a 'hot head'. I'm in that guy's head.

I'm tempted to simply reply : 'wrong again' and disappear again, but I'll just stay disappeared.

Tangent: kind of reminds me of the anecdote about the US President from the 1920s, Calvin Coolidge, who was famously tight lipped, grouchy, rarely spoke when not necessary....a lady at a party goes up and tells him she just bet her friend she can get him to say more than two words to her, and he replies "You lose".

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way which of you lot is 'TakeADrank'?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the winner of today's game wins the series. I'm pumped to be going to the yard for a NLCS DAY game....

Agreed. This game is huge. As someone has mentioned, I think it's a little bigger for Philadelphia. If the Phillies lose, they have to think about starting Halladay on short rest. If the Giants lose, I still have confindence in Bum and Timmy for the next two, assuming the offense can scratch out enough runs. That said, I would really love for the Giants to put the Phillies' backs to the wall and see how the scenario plays out with whether Halladay starts on short rest.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOW, how about this for the lineup?

Renteria SS
Sanchez 2B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Ross RF
Huff 1B
Uribe 3B
Rowand CF
Cain

I like what Bochy did here, with Ross in front of Huff it's a very "what have you done for me lately?" lineup, and that's just what we need. I'm thinking we get about 6 runs with these guys.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think that if such is the case then, in game 7 the edge shifts to the Giants if they make Halladay work in game 4. If he goes out there and dominates and leaves after 7 having only thrown 80something pitches then that's a horrible sign for the Giants in game 7.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, how about this for the lineup?

Renteria SS
Sanchez 2B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Ross RF
Huff 1B
Uribe 3B
Rowand CF
Cain

I like what Bochy did here, with Ross in front of Huff it's a very "what have you done for me lately?" lineup, and that's just what we need. I'm thinking we get about 6 runs with these guys.

I like moving Posey and Huff around too, and Torres obviously needed a day off. I guess no Panda vs a lefty. He should maybe start instead of Rent vs their righties at home, eh? Hate to say it but isn't Rent kind of hurt too?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if such is the case then, in game 7 the edge shifts to the Giants if they make Halladay work in game 4. If he goes out there and dominates and leaves after 7 having only thrown 80something pitches then that's a horrible sign for the Giants in game 7.

I'd say if that happened there probably wouldn't be a game 7.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I really hope Rent can give us something.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK lads, I'm outty to hit the park. FEAR THE MUTHAFUCKIN' THONG and I leave you with this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree I think winner of this game is the series winner.

Cody Ross mojo ftw.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it that these games are on right when I'm at work. Fecking East Coast (or whatever it is that makes the games start earlier.